Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Sweeping Gun Ban Ever Introduced In Congress

tex

From NRA Institute For Legislative Action

8-5-3

http://thomas.loc..gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.r.02038:

H.R. 2038, introduced by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), does not just "reenact" or "reauthorize" the

http://www.nraila.org/FactSheets.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=80

1994 Clinton ban, the so-called "assault weapon" law. It bans millions more guns. And it begins backdoor registration of guns. All told, it's a giant step closer to the goal stated by Clinton gun ban sponsor Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), on CBS 60 Minutes "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in, I would have done it." There is no 10-year sunset provision in the bill. H.R. 2038 permanently bans every gun that is currently banned and, with numerous, overlapping provisions:

Bans every gun made to comply with the Clinton ban. The Clinton ban dictated the kinds of grips, stocks and attachments new guns can have. Manufacturers and gun owners complied and new guns conform to the Clinton requirements. H.R. 2038 bans the new guns too.

Bans guns exempted by name or type under the Clinton ban. Commonplace Ruger Mini-14s, Mini-30s, Ranch Rifles, .30 Caliber Carbines, and fixed-magazine semi-automatic center-fire rifles.

Bans all semi-automatic shotguns. Bans Remington, Winchester, Beretta, Benelli, and other shotguns commonly used for hunting, trap, skeet, sporting clays, and self-defense. Bans them by banning their main component, called the "receiver" (Sec. 2(a)(30)(J)), and bans them because they have "any characteristic that can function as a grip"(Sec. 2(H)(ii) and (B)(42)). Any characteristic.

Bans all detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles because they have "any characteristic that can function as a grip." (Sec. 2(a)(30)(D)(iii) and (iv), and (B)(41) and (42)). Any characteristic.

Bans target shooting rifles. Bans the three centerfire rifles most popular for marksmanship competitions: the Colt AR-15, the Springfield M1A and the M1 "Garand."

Bans guns for self-defense. Bans any semi-automatic shotgun or rifle an Attorney General one day claims isn't "sporting," even though the U.S. Constitution, the constitutions of 44 states, and the laws of all 50 states recognize the right to use guns for defense.

Bans 65 named guns (the Clinton law bans 19); Bans semi-auto fixed-magazine pistols of over 10 rounds capacity; Bans frames, receivers, and parts used to repair or refurbish guns; Bans importation of magazines exempted by the Clinton ban; Bans selling a legally-owned "assault weapon" with a magazine of over 10 rounds capacity.

Bans guns rarely used in crime. A fact demonstrated by every state and local law enforcement agency report on the subject. The Congressionally-mandated study of the Clinton ban found that the guns "were never used in more than a fraction of all gun murders."

Begins backdoor registration. Requires manufacturers of guns, frames, receivers, and other parts to report the names of their dealers. Requires dealers to report any of the guns and parts they have in stock. Bans private sales of the guns and parts. The next step is to register individual purchasers.

http://www.nraila.org/FactSheets.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=143&EID=4476-5132003

You forget to mention how much more polite robbers can be. Once they're certain that the little old lady they're robbing isn't armed, then it makes robbery much less risky, which in turn will reduce the stress involved.

This is why I am a "Life Member" of the NRA. I also give money to fight these bills.

If you are a gun owner, and NOT a member of the NRA, shame on you. The NRA fights for your gun rights. These rights are in the Second Amendment of the US Constitution and should not be taken for granted. Left-wing politicians(ie Demacrats) want to take these rights away from you.

Call, write, or e-mail your Congressmen(woman) and tell them to vote NO to H.R. 2038 or any bill that is pro-gun control.

Originally posted by skinsfan44

This is why I am a "Life Member" of the NRA. I also give money to fight these bills.

If you are a gun owner, and NOT a member of the NRA, shame on you. The NRA fights for your gun rights. These rights are in the Second Amendment of the US Constitution and should not be taken for granted. Left-wing politicians(ie Demacrats) want to take these rights away from you.

Call, write, or e-mail your Congressmen(woman) and tell them to vote NO to H.R. 2038 or any bill that is pro-gun control.

:puke:

True dat !

J33

Stunning and intelligent response. Perhaps you prefer living as a slave, but many of us do not. You know some of the first gun control laws in this country had to do with prohibiting slaves and then later, former slaves from owning weapons? That "Saturday Night Special" was really "N----town Saturday Night Special" when blacks would buy cheap guns to defend themselves from Klansmen?

If anything the NRA is not strident enough. It says "shall not be INFRINGED." Infringed, even in that time, means to restrict in ANY way. But even if there were no constitution, we have the natural right of self-defense.

Screw you.

I remember, once, hearing a position from Rush Limbaugh that I thought was intelligent and well-reasoned. (Insert line about blind squirril here.)

His statement was addressed to all those folks (you know who you are), who believe that everybody in the NRA is an extremest, paranoid, loony, for fanaticly opposing gun registration, because these whackos actually think it's the first step towards banning all private gun ownership.

His question was: How many of you are fanatically opposed to a ban on partial-birth abortion, because you think it's the first step towards banning all abortions?

the difference being: the libs posit all manner of "intention" on the part of the framers and founding fathers irt privacy, abortion and the like that fly in the face of common sense (and are nowhere explicitly stated n the Constitution), but object to actual rights in the Constitution (read 2nd Amendment). Which always brings us back to the same starting point - it has very little to do with right/wrong and everything to do with the exercise of will and control over resources.

I'm a member of the NRA as well as some of my neighbors that are cops and teachers and all black.

DC has an outright ban yet it is still in the top 5 for murder annually.

The bright side this year is that gangs of illegal aliens are shooting each other in the columbia road area in NW.

Dont understand how the police there know that the Nicaraguan and Salvador thugs are illegals but dont do jack.

If I was still living there I'd be arrested like the guy in G'town who defended his family from home invasion.

No thanks

I'm for the registration of guns but no bans on anything except anti-tank weapons and automatic weapons.....I used to be a member of the NRA but I think Wayne LaPierre is a wacko along with Charlton Heston......NRA does a great job fighting for gun rights but they do some very messed up stuff and their attack adds are pretty exagerated.

DC flat out ignores our constitutional right to bear arms and defend ourselves which is one reason not to live there.

The NRA unlike other groups understands the left's philosophy called incrementalism.

Take half a loaf now (or get your foot in the door today then the rest will follow).

I still remember how the anti smoking group started as an insignificant cause then lawyers discovered thanks to Clinton and Reno that there were dollars to steal, then they targeted Big Computer (Bill Gates because he didnt have lobbyists to grease DC politician palms with leave me the ef alone money) now you see the next big money grab is Big Burger and the places they will try it are Cali and NYC unless Bush steps in.

NRA knows once there is a trickle a flood will begin.

Bans guns rarely used in crime. A fact demonstrated by every state and local law enforcement agency report on the subject. The Congressionally-mandated study of the Clinton ban found that the guns "were never used in more than a fraction of all gun murders."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,320383,00.html

Unfortunately for the Dems the proposed AWB is too strong and I doubt will be passed.

Assault rifles and hi caps will be flooding the street. :cheers:

Archived