Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-4 Defense?

Josh90286

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yes, I know. That doesn't change the fact that I think it would pretty stupid to spend picks (however they are acquired) to acquire guys to run a 3-4.

Green Bay had most of the personnel in place, but still used 2 first round picks on Raji and Matthews.

I know it's not up to you and I also know that if Shanny wants it, they will play it. Neither point is in dispute. We've been going back and forth on a different subject, i.e., whether it's a good idea.

Carter is going to be 31 and I suspect that many GMs will think that his increased production was the result of Haynesworth's presence. If I were a GM, I wouldn't offer more than a low 4th rounder/high 5th rounder for him. McIntosh is pretty inconsistent and probably isn't worth more than a 4th rounder. Landry looks like Roy Williams, Jr. I wouldn't trade more than a mid-4th rounder for him.

I would trade a 2nd rounder for either Davis or Cooley, but I think any pick we acquire in such a trade would be much better spent on a quarterback, running back, offensive tackle, center, or guard.

So we'd have an additional three fourth rounders and a second rounder for a total of 10 picks in the draft. Out of that, I'd say five should be used on offensive linemen. I would also expect Shanahan would take a RB and probably get his QB. That means we'd still have three picks left to fill other needs or improve depth.

When you throw free agency into the mix, we may have even more flexibility.

Archived