Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for campers..helmet color

gridironmike

I went to camp 7/30, but didn't really notice this on a player. A fan was getting what appeared to be an authentic Riddell full-sized helmet autographed. It was a white shell that had been painted metallic "cardinal" (cardinal is the actual color of the shell). Now, it appeared to be a brand new helmet (padding and all inside, decals and striping outside), I could could see the white inside the helmet and the cardinal overspray. Got busy with my son's autograph collecting and didn't take note if the players were wearing these metallic shells. This would be the first year for them. Has anyone else noticed? Riddell's website (http://www.riddell.com/index_products.cfm?this_sku=291&visit_ID=03080502555197050&web_user_ID=-1&ad_source=-1&form_select=nfl_helmets&form_selectedindex=37&product_ID=769) still shows the molded cardinal (flat) helmet.

I'm not sure which one you saw. I was there on that day and the rest of the week. I saw another guy that I met there about everyday who had a helmet that was just a "replica"..not the official helmet which had a little bit of the padding in there, but not like the actual players. I had one that I was getting signed as well. These were the only 2 helmets I saw. Here is a picture of my helmet from the inside. I'm not really following your question, but if you are asking what color the inside was on the player helmets, they were white with a small blue line around the top.

Archived