Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fill me in.

Art

Guys,

I've been on vacation the since Thursday morning and I just got back. Can someone give me some broadstrokes regarding what's been happening -- who's looked good or bad, signings, injuries, etc. -- while I catch up with the board?

Danny Waffle is back :thud: Ramsey has been looking sharp except for Friday morning where he looked is worse of all training camp.. Coles has been looking to get a good connection with Ramsey... Jacobs and Morton are also looking really good.. Matt Bowen slamming more people down.. hmm lemme see umm Betts still hurt.. The Dline has been getting pressure... L. Jackson was abnle to get pressure on Ramsey... Wynn has played some DT...

Terrell is reportedly the #1 guy right now. Gardner, (thread is on this page), had a monster day at practice, Coles continues to impress and Ramsey had great day a couple of days ago. Reports have it BDW still doesn't have a contract and rumors are possilble return visit....more than likely by phone, (cannot remember where I saw that).

:cheers:

Thanks guys.

I really like the Wuerffel signing. Hamdan will be a practice squad player with little problem. Johnson is being taught how to throw the ball and he's looked bad in the learning process. Wuerffel makes me much more comfortable in this offense than Johnson, though I suppose you can't argue that Johnson isn't more talented and potentially better for us if the teaching takes root.

Cranky is right on. The reason RJ is so erratic is because he's not focused - his mind is distracted by the beach reports that it's peak surf season at Melbourne, FL.

To put it in the words of Rob himself, "My buds tell me the waves down south are tubular, man. No, beyond tubular, they're tripendicular. Nah, they're beyond tripendicular, man. They're mega-tripendicular to the max.....duuude !"

Art

You missed the deal of the century. Danny Boy traded our next 4 drafts for Michael Vick and the Atlanta Falconettes. Also, Barry Sanders finally promised to come out of retirement, and we got his rights for the 200,000 the NFL fined Millen.

And Jesus and Buddha signed at the savior minimum to play all positions as needed.

Originally posted by Om

Patrick seems to struggle in the rain. :)

Actually, that's a pretty good observation. His worst day that I saw was on Friday and it rained. The Am practices had dew on the ground and he always struggled early. Maybe, maybe not, but interesting to say the least.

I think you noticed Patrick struggle last year in the weather as well. In the two games that can even closely be attached to having bad weather, Ramsey was horrible. First it was the Packers in what is downright balmy for most people, Patrick was a shivering mess who couldn't grip the ball and was clearly uncomfortable.

Later in the year against Houston as soon as the rain fell in the second half, Ramsey just was no longer sharp at all. He's a guy who's played indoors and in the deep south where there's often great weather. I'm guessing even practicing in the rain as he did Friday puts the number at under 10 times he's had to throw in the rain in the last five or six years.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him a few years before he learns how to handle any adverse conditions, and only then if we have a rough cold or wet stretch in Philly and New York to end a season coming up.

Archived