Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Drummer For Avenged Sevenfold Found Dead

Gracelander

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Police say James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, has been found dead at his home in Southern California.

Lt. John Domingo says the 28-year-old Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes on Monday in Huntington Beach.

The Orange County coroner's office is investigating the death.

Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999 and won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. According to their MySpace page, the five-man metalcore band was working on their fifth album.

The band released a statement Monday expressing their sadness and calling Sullivan "one of the world's best drummers," and "our best friend and brother."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091229/ap_en_mu/us_avenged_sevenfold_death

Heroin. Lock.

yeah they said the same thing about Murphey...they were wrong from what I heard...guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

sad to hear someone with so much talent going so young.

thoughts out to his family and friends, and to all his fans.

yeah they said the same thing about Murphey...they were wrong from what I heard...guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

sad to hear someone with so much talent going so young.

thoughts out to his family and friends, and to all his fans.

I don't think they were wrong on Murphy yet. They still haven't gotten back the toxicology reports. That's when it'll be known.

And people normally don't die of natural causes at 28. So while I may be jumping to conclusions, I'm comfortable doing so. As a former resident of Huntington Beach, I'm comfortable with my guess.

That said, it still doesn't take away from the tragedy of a life ending so young. So thoughts and prayers definitely go out to his loved ones.

Damn. I didn't really like him a whole lot as a musician, but he had some decent chops and I always did like their first single "bat country".

I agree, it does sound like an OD of some sort, but not necessarily. There's plenty of things that could have happened such as undiagnosed heart issues, or simply just a lot of stress if he was under it (but if it was stress taxing his ticker, he probably had a ****tail of drugs that didn't help it much).

didn't this band start out hard and then got really soft to sell more albums?

regardless, RIP to their drummer.

Yes they are. Their early stuff was really good. I was hoping they would have gone back to that style again, ( but does any band ever really do that?). Sad the hear he is gone however.

Archived