Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: Jones gives vote of confidence to Dallas Cowboys coach Phillips

tr1

Because it shows a total lack of confidence in your team...unless they win. It's a very 'fair weather' thing to do.

tr1, everyone is on to your game. You only want fans to talk smack so if/when the teams don't win the Superbowl, you can talk smack. "Where are all the Puke/Eagle fans who were talking Superbowl a few weeks ago!?!?!"

If we don't talk smack, your opportunity for smack talk in the future is greatly diminished and you know it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/team_biosCoachExec.cfm?newName=Joe_DeCamillis

It's not like he's some young new Coach fresh off the street. He's had success wherever he's been, why not ?

For the simple fact that his track record tells you, hes a great coordinator not a head coach, same with Campo, and same with a few of the guys out there.

The problem is you dont find out about it until you are standing in quick sand like Tampa with Gruden.

I remember when the Cowboy fans wanted that Ron Riveria as a HC, than to find out SD takes him as coordinator because hes not good enough to be a HC yet and you dont hand the big stage to someone that unexpierenced.

And again DeCamillis health is going to be a HUGE factor because of the demands of the job. The guy might be good but the HC needs to be in good health because the job is taxing on the mind and body. Regardless of the weather your butt has to be with that team either at the training facility or your office, or at another state.

I really hope Jones understands this and lets Garrett walk as well.

tr1 previously said that he'd be thrilled if the Cowboys hired Shanahan because he is overrated. I'll be interested if he will now fully back him now that it appears that the Skins will be hiring him.

Try visiting the Stadium.

tr1, everyone is on to your game. You only want fans to talk smack so if/when the teams don't win the Superbowl, you can talk smack. "Where are all the Puke/Eagle fans who were talking Superbowl a few weeks ago!?!?!"

If we don't talk smack, your opportunity for smack talk in the future is greatly diminished and you know it.

Hey, if you don't believe in your team, that's okay with me.

Why don tyou try answering the question

He better hurry up because by the sound of Jumbo's post, t**r*******1's act may soon be shut down. At least we can all hope. Big props to Jumbo for calling his last thread exactly what it was: a troll/train wreck post.

Personally, I think t**r*******1 got tipped off a day or two ago to whats coming because many of his post quite suddenly involved actual football talk which is something he has never done before. I guess we'll all see on Friday. Can't wait!

A case could be made for any of the teams in the playoffs to go to the big show.

Arizona....a dark horse, but if they get hot, they can beat anyone. And they went last year, so you can't count them out.

Minnesota....if they can figure out what happened the last two weeks, and return to thier own form, they can beat anyone, anywhere, at anytime. They gotta get that Oline to perform though. They still have some time to figure it out.

Saints.....dominant the first half of the season. got their butts kicked by the skins, cowboys, and (gulp), the bucs recently. BUT....if Brees gets hot, watch out. Nobody can score with that team in the NFC.

Packers..... Nobody is talking much about them, but all they've done is gone 6-1 in their last 7 games. Defense is playing well, and the offense can move the ball at will.

Eagles.....Very hot team, and can score at will. Questions will be the D and the loss of thier center. Not a team anyone really wants to play right now. Covering D Jackson is a nightmare for most teams, and Westbrook is back.

Cowboys....Have they figured it out? You could make a case that they have, and they haven't. They beat the Saints.....but so did the bucs. Beat the skins....but so does everyone. They leave alot of points on the field, and you can't do that in the playoffs. Probably has the best Defense "Right now", of all the playoff teams, and we know D can win championships.

Flip a coin as far as I'm concerned. Any of these teams could get to the SB.

He better hurry up because by the sound of Jumbo's post, t**r*******1's act may soon be shut down. At least we can all hope. Big props to Jumbo for calling his last thread exactly what it was: a troll/train wreck post.

Personally, I think t**r*******1 got tipped off a day or two ago to whats coming because many of his post quite suddenly involved actual football talk which is something he has never done before. I guess we'll all see on Friday. Can't wait!

Oh I know....you see the minute I asked that question I knew TR1 would leave this thread alone and move on to others......All you have to do is ask TR1 a answer a question and he disapears.......You would think as vocal as TR1 is he would have a strong opinion of Shanahan one way or the other....Me, I think he is a good coach and the Skins should be happy to have him if that is who their new coach is going to be...

All I can think of is that TR1 spends so much time looking for Cowboy stories that he has not kept up with what is happening with the Redskins and he has no idea they are going to bring in a new coach...

Oh I know....you see the minute I asked that question I knew TR1 would leave this thread alone and move on to others......All you have to do is ask TR1 a answer a question and he disapears.......You would think as vocal as TR1 is he would have a strong opinion of Shanahan one way or the other....Me, I think he is a good coach and the Skins should be happy to have him if that is who their new coach is going to be...

All I can think of is that TR1 spends so much time looking for Cowboy stories that he has not kept up with what is happening with the Redskins and he has no idea they are going to bring in a new coach...

To be fair, he did start a thread in the stadium expressing his doubts that Shanahan is the right coach for the skins.

A case could be made for any of the teams in the playoffs to go to the big show.

Arizona....a dark horse, but if they get hot, they can beat anyone. And they went last year, so you can't count them out.

Minnesota....if they can figure out what happened the last two weeks, and return to thier own form, they can beat anyone, anywhere, at anytime. They gotta get that Oline to perform though. They still have some time to figure it out.

Saints.....dominant the first half of the season. got their butts kicked by the skins, cowboys, and (gulp), the bucs recently. BUT....if Brees gets hot, watch out. Nobody can score with that team in the NFC.

Packers..... Nobody is talking much about them, but all they've done is gone 6-1 in their last 7 games. Defense is playing well, and the offense can move the ball at will.

Eagles.....Very hot team, and can score at will. Questions will be the D and the loss of thier center. Not a team anyone really wants to play right now. Covering D Jackson is a nightmare for most teams, and Westbrook is back.

Cowboys....Have they figured it out? You could make a case that they have, and they haven't. They beat the Saints.....but so did the bucs. Beat the skins....but so does everyone. They leave alot of points on the field, and you can't do that in the playoffs. Probably has the best Defense "Right now", of all the playoff teams, and we know D can win championships.

Flip a coin as far as I'm concerned. Any of these teams could get to the SB.

As a Boys fan for some reason Arizona scares me the most...like you stated when they are on their A game they are unstoppable...but they also seem to stumble at times and play like they should be 5-10

Minny needs to rediscover their running game real quick or they will be one and done

The Saints have been exposed...in fact it was the Skins that exposed them......Unless they change their game plan they wont sniff the big game...

The Packers are playing the best ball in the NFC right now.......Just depends on if they can keep Rodgers vertical, once a D starts getting to him its over....

Eagles? I dont know what to think of them, they are the hardest team right now to try and figure out...Its all up to McNabb if they win or lose

The Boys, As you stated they have to quit leaving the points on the field and make every drive count if they want to advance

To be fair, he did start a thread in the stadium expressing his doubts that Shanahan is the right coach for the skins.

My bad I dont read a whole lot in the Stadium, I try and respect this board and stay in the ATN section...but you see that is all he would have to say when asked this question....but no not him

Hey guys, let's stop talking about tr1. Jumbo is going to be posting new rules soon. Let's all make a pact to just keep it to football and not trying to prove someone wrong.

Westbrook showing real wisdom and picking up the suggestion I made about speculation. I think you guys know me well enough, like me or not, agree with me or not.

What is to come will be fair for all and involve all. It is not "against one."

And it should in no way limit traditional, healthy-for-the-fourm, ES rival-fan vs. homey fun-and-hijinks. :D

But it will limit much else from all sides that has been allowed to fester for various reasons.

And, for my money, every ATN regular knows football just fine, is able to talk football just fine, is able to prod & poke & jab just fine without dragging things into countless crapfests and bans, and usually cooperates quite nicely with the mods. :)

So follow Westy's lead (God, did I ever think I'd type those words? :evilg:) and I'll put up the mercifully brief* specifics Friday.

*Brief, since I've written volumes on ATN matters the last 2 years and that's enough. :silly:

Jerry Jones is #1 problem in Dallas. He just meddles too much with personnel issues and he sucks as a GM. So he hires a puppet as a HC, who does not ever stand up to Jones and does exactly what Jones wants him to do, so why would he get rid of puppet who does everything as told?

Wade Phillip is a perfect puppet for Jerry Jones, absolutely perfect.

Archived