Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow! Post game interview of C. Rogers & D. Hall

21skinz21

I am wondering if anyone else can confirm what I thought I heard on Redskins Post Game Live after the game last night on Comcast.

So, Carlos was being interviewed by Kelli Johnson and she asked him what is going through his mind with these kind of losses and breakdowns??

Unless my hearing failed me he said....and I wont quote, I am thinking about other things really, this is a contract year for me and I am thinking about what I am doing on the field (he said I about 5 times). I was really taken back by the interview. If anyone can produce a transcript it is crazy stuff. Also, dissed Zorn and Blatche saying Jerry is his guy.

Than, D. Hall comes in the picture, and puts his arm around Carlos looking like they were having a good time. Told KJ he had time for only one question cause he had kids at home and he gots to go. LOL! I dunno man, just seemed like two selfish guys who could care less about what was going on with the Redskins and making sure pockets was straight. The true D. Hall will appear in 3.....2....1.....Ladies and Gents your 2009 Washington Redskins

I am wondering if anyone else can confirm what I thought I heard on Redskins Post Game Live after the game last night on Comcast.

So, Carlos was being interviewed by Kelli Johnson and she asked him what is going through his mind with these kind of losses and breakdowns??

Unless my hearing failed me he said....and I wont quote, I am thinking about other things really, this is a contract year for me and I am thinking about what I am doing on the field (he said I about 5 times). I was really taken back by the interview. If anyone can produce a transcript it is crazy stuff. Also, dissed Zorn and Blatche saying Jerry is his guy.

Than, D. Hall comes in the picture, and puts his arm around Carlos looking like they were having a good time. Told KJ he had time for only one question cause he had kids at home and he gots to go. LOL! I dunno man, just seemed like two selfish guys who could care less about what was going on with the Redskins and making sure pockets was straight. The true D. Hall will appear in 3.....2....1.....Ladies and Gents your 2009 Washington Redskins

This is kind of what you expect to happen when the jester is leading the castle.

I can't say I'm surprised. I hope Bruce Allen saw the interviews. He need to remake the organizations entire culture. Guys like Hall and Carlos shouldn't have a place at the table.

I wonder if Hall and Rogers would act that way if things weren't so disfunctional? Players seem to like DC as a place to get paid and nothing more.

I don't have the transcript but what i have better is the actual video. Its the one titled "Rogers and Hall on Redskins PGL-12/27"

Well i can't seem to get the comcastsportsnet page up, probably traffic, but its on the main. www.redskins.com front page and on the video section scroll down and find the Rogers and Hall on Redskins PGL 12/27..

who cares? the team is an embarrassment and you expect rah rah stuff?

get the season over with and let management sort things out for next year.

Well lets take a look at this. We signed Deangelo Hall last season when we were 6-2. Our record since then??? Well, it is pretty horrible. Deangelo Hall is the downfall of the Washington Redskins. Another overpaid, overrated, piece of trash that is self centered without Talent. He is the epitome of this Franchise under Dan Snyder.

I won't say the same for Rogers. The guy has been treated unfairly. He was playing at a pro-bowl level before We signed Hall. Then Once we signed Hall, it seemed to created a rift in the locker room. How could we keep overpaying for overrated outsiders, and not give money to the guys who were drafted by us and were homegrown. (Pierce, Ryan Clark). As far as I'm concerned, he has reason to complain. Good thing we got Bruce Allen!!

Well lets take a look at this. We signed Deangelo Hall last season when we were 6-2. Our record since then??? Well, it is pretty horrible. Deangelo Hall is the downfall of the Washington Redskins. Another overpaid, overrated, piece of trash that is self centered without Talent. He is the epitome of this Franchise under Dan Snyder.

I won't say the same for Rogers. The guy has been treated unfairly. He was playing at a pro-bowl level before We signed Hall. Then Once we signed Hall, it seemed to created a rift in the locker room. How could we keep overpaying for overrated outsiders, and not give money to the guys who were drafted by us and were homegrown. (Pierce, Ryan Clark). As far as I'm concerned, he has reason to complain. Good thing we got Bruce Allen!!

Calling Hall the downfall of the redskins is pretty harsh. Especially since he's the only person to get any INTs this season besides Landry and Doughty getting a couple in the last couple weeks.

Edit: Really I think Los and Hall handled the interview pretty well minus the using of "I". I believe they avoided saying anything negative against the coaches.

Seriously?! The seasons is over...it's been over. The lack of emotion the lack of heart you can't really blame them. You ever seen a beaten dog? it's pathetic.... These guys hear it from every which direction...Coaches, Media, the fans hell people in their own personal circles are probably giving them an ear full of it.

they tried to paint a pretty picture but hell man (ie "we just need to execute better") ....the wheels on this bus long fell off! The coaching staff was put together with Duck tape and the O-line with Scotch tape. Don't get me started on our so called front office. Nobody knew what the hell they were doing and even shocked themselves early last year going 6-2.

I will say and will continue to say it until we actually start to resemble a real NFL Team, it's all about "Coaching"! If you have the right people in there coaching the players up, putting them in positions that will help them and the team succeed you will see a turn around. I knew crap was going to hit the fan when they hired a virtually unknown QB coach to be our Offensive Coordinator, just to turn around some 12 days later and offer him the Head Coaching job. Talk about head slapper!!! We have talent, hell Gibbs came back after how long and took this same team to the playoffs twice. Not in successive seasons but he led us there. We have talent here it's just isn't being used efficiently. Hand the reigns to a true GM and a real experienced coach and we will see a difference, maybe even in the first year, definitely by the second.

As for the players, yeah hold them accountable because after all is said and done they have to back up all that coaching. No matter how crappy it is... I don't defend their words or actions but I can damn sure understand why they feel or react the way they do.

Nothing I've seen from Deangelo Hall on the field makes me regret signing him. He plays with intensity and has a nose for the ball. He is too loose lipped and outspoken in the interview room, but that seems to be the nature of the cornerback position, where you need a certain ****iness to survive.

As for Carlos, his entire interview seemed a bit weird. He had a deer-in-the-headlights vibe about him. Regarding the quote you cited, what else is he playing for at this point in the season? I'm glad he's focused on "what he's doing on the field" and not the cluster**** of a season this has become.

What stood out for me more than that from the interview, which I was half listening to, was that he said he knew this season was going to go downhill ever since the Rams game - the second game of the season. :doh:

I am starting to get interested in this salary cap rules & regs. How does it work?

If Jim Zorn gets fired today, why is he owed $15 million for next year? What happens if we fire DeAngelo? I am assuming he will definitely get his guaranteed money, but how much is guaranteed for him out of $50 mil for 7 years?

After our offensive line, I think our secondary is pretty weak also. We def. need that to be somewhat of a focus in the offseason as well.

Wow, really?! You're blaming one guy for our demise!!! for a minute there I thought we were a rationally thinking fan base....I was wrong!

You're right though D. Hall should ignore his coaches instructions of lining up 7-8 yards off the ball (forget the scheme) and "Pick 6" everything thrown his way all while throwing for 3500 yads and 30 TDs and rushing for a cool 1600 yards. Oh, let's not forget to pass block too!!! If he did we would be heading to the paloffs. <----- yeah I said it....

I don't blame either one of them for their comments. There are other players on the team that have checked out. This team has looked passionless for several weeks now. Sellars isn't playing like he used to. He doesn't have that same fire he once had. There are some coaches that have checked out as well, mainly the DC.

:helmet:

Archived