Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow! Post game interview of C. Rogers & D. Hall

21skinz21

Upset the way the team treated him? You must earn your right to be upset about anything. What right does he have or reason to bitter the way the team treated him? Go out and do your damn job. Yeah, lets keep re-signing the guys we have...

In my opinion (and probably his) Los is doing his job, sure he may have had some mental lapses but this coaching staff and Blaches defense hasn't really put him in the best position to succeed. You think its up to the players how far they have to line up off the wide receivers or is it more likely our scheme has been shredded after running it for almost 5 years without any changes.

Plus its a heck of a lot easier to replace coaches than it is a whole team full of players and letting 1st round picks walk away without giving them a fair shake under a more advanced defensive mind. I know for sure I dont like our secondary much next year without Rogers, I dont trust Smoot / Hall to stay healthy next season and neither of the two youngsters Vinny added via the draft look to be anything special.

We only have so many draft picks, you let everyone walk away you perceive to be a malcontent in what has been a miserable managed year by the F.O and coaching staff and we will be fielding nothing but UDFA's in 2010. Lets hope we can make a move to bring in someone quick who inspires confidence in these kids or everyone is going to want to jump ship especially with the way things have unraveled in the last month of the season.

I hear what your trying to say, but that just is not the case. When your asked about the team and the first thing that comes out of your mind is about your contract year you obviously are not to concerned about the TEAM. So, I guess what your saying is that everyone should worry about themselves isnt that what we are trying to fix here?

if you look at it from that context without factoring the whole interview maybe. But factoring in everything that he said and was asked of him -- the way it came across to me is -- in response to questions thrown at him about Haynsworth's comments, the question about how distractions have influenced the team, the offensive struggles, etc -- Carlos more or less said:

I just do what the coaches ask me to do, he doesn't want to cause any trouble, he just focuses on his assignment from Jerry Gray and focuses on executing it -- he can't let distractions get to him or worry about anything aside from doing his job well.

The contract year I recall was in context of the last thing he wants to do is be a headache in a year like this and hopefully either the Redskins or if they don't want him another team will like what they see on tape -- and he's focused on doing a good job.

I don't recall him taking any shots at anybody. He seemed to be saying that he is focused on being a good soldier. If people are offended that it was in the context of his contract year -- JC has more or less said the same thing in the past -- and JC seems like a pretty above board guy, so don't get the beef here with Carlos.

Do you guys think other players can care less about their contract? This is a business. And I don't mind a player saying he wants to do a good job and stay out of trouble.

Edit: if that whole interview was so dramatic as some of these posts allude to, wouldn't some other media outlets jump on it? It's totally up for example Mark Mosely's alley to play up some local media drama from an interview.

I didn't take the interviews that way at all. He didn't dis blache or zorn. He said that he can't speak for the rest of the players, but he felt like the scheme was right and he thought that Albert probably should have kept his thoughts to himself.

In regards to his contract, the PGL people brought it up to him and he was merely explaining his situation. He said that he wasn't sure if he was going to be here or not and that if Allen was looking at the tapes of the last games, that he (Allen) probably wouldn't be impressed with everything that he saw from the team. I really don't see how you can get that Carlos was dissing Zorn and Blache.

I didn't take the interviews that way at all. He didn't dis blache or zorn. He said that he can't speak for the rest of the players, but he felt like the scheme was right and he thought that Albert probably should have kept his thoughts to himself.

In regards to his contract, the PGL people brought it up to him and he was merely explaining his situation. He said that he wasn't sure if he was going to be here or not and that if Allen was looking at the tapes of the last games, that he (Allen) probably wouldn't be impressed with everything that he saw from the team. I really don't see how you can get that Carlos was dissing Zorn and Blache.

This is pretty much what I got from the interview as well. When he mentioned "Gray is my man" he was saying that Gray is the coach for the position that he plays and he has to listen to what he says and not worry about the offense and other things. I don't think he meant that statement as his endorsement for Gray as the HC or anything. Of course this IMO.

Folks sure do read too many things into a simple interview. The interviewers are the blame for most of it. "What was going thru your mind when you were about to lay the smackdown on that guy that caught that pass in front of u?" Really? Stupid question IMO. They just play...perhaps they don't think at all. Perhaps it's automatic at this point.

I agree with the thought that this season is done and there is no real need to look any longer at the actions of Zorn or some of the players.

Enough has transpired so that Zorn and many of these players will be gone as soon as the final gun sounds against the Chargers.

I fully expect the Redskins to land in San Diego, look at the Pacific Ocean, and then lose to the Chargers 24-0.

And that's with the Chargers resting half their team for the playoffs :)

Well lets take a look at this. We signed Deangelo Hall last season when we were 6-2. Our record since then??? Well, it is pretty horrible. Deangelo Hall is the downfall of the Washington Redskins. Another overpaid, overrated, piece of trash that is self centered without Talent. He is the epitome of this Franchise under Dan Snyder.

I won't say the same for Rogers. The guy has been treated unfairly. He was playing at a pro-bowl level before We signed Hall. Then Once we signed Hall, it seemed to created a rift in the locker room. How could we keep overpaying for overrated outsiders, and not give money to the guys who were drafted by us and were homegrown. (Pierce, Ryan Clark). As far as I'm concerned, he has reason to complain. Good thing we got Bruce Allen!!

It's kind of a stretch to say all that but look at his career. Atlanta goes 1-15 his last year there, they get rid of him and go 11-5 and in the paloffs. Then Oakland goes 2-6 with him. They dump him, we are 6-2 but finish 2-6 and are now 4-11.

Coincidence? I dunno.

I wouldn't doubt it. Rogers is a bust. I've never seen a guy with great talent and consistantly not perform on the field game in and game out.

Hall, can't cover either. How many times in crucial 3rd downs was his guy wide open?? Plenty.

Both him and rogers are IMO selfish bad players

I really think D. Hall is just frustrated at how the season has gone. What else is there to say when you keep losing, players do what they want(Hayneswoth and Portis), coaches are undermined by ownership, the offense can't move the ball or score, the lack of leadership on the team, etc.

As far as Carlos Rogers, I want him gone. Never liked him to begin with. The only reason he's a Redskin is because Antrell Rolle was taken ahead of him in the '05 draft.

Why does everyone here have to ***** about every little comment that any player says? No one ****ed when Clinton did his costumes because the team was winning but if he says he likes Shanahan then everyone jumps on him. Jesus christ i know we all like the Redskins but you people let the Redskins organization piss all over your lives.

Are you out of your mind... now you are saying that Hall is the reason for Skins doing so poorly???? Hall is one of the better players in Redskins D and he does his job pretty good without the support from our safeties and other CBs.... I think with another Defensive coach he should do lot better.... We need better Coaches and Good O-line and get rid of some of the Old Players....

Well lets take a look at this. We signed Deangelo Hall last season when we were 6-2. Our record since then??? Well, it is pretty horrible. Deangelo Hall is the downfall of the Washington Redskins. Another overpaid, overrated, piece of trash that is self centered without Talent. He is the epitome of this Franchise under Dan Snyder.

I won't say the same for Rogers. The guy has been treated unfairly. He was playing at a pro-bowl level before We signed Hall. Then Once we signed Hall, it seemed to created a rift in the locker room. How could we keep overpaying for overrated outsiders, and not give money to the guys who were drafted by us and were homegrown. (Pierce, Ryan Clark). As far as I'm concerned, he has reason to complain. Good thing we got Bruce Allen!!

Are you out of your mind... now you are saying that Hall is the reason for Skins doing so poorly???? Hall is one of the better players in Redskins D and he does his job pretty good without the support from our safeties and other CBs.... I think with another Defensive coach he should do lot better.... We need better Coaches and Good O-line and get rid of some of the Old Players....

Why does everyone here have to ***** about every little comment that any player says? No one ****ed when Clinton did his costumes because the team was winning but if he says he likes Shanahan then everyone jumps on him. Jesus christ i know we all like the Redskins but you people let the Redskins organization piss all over your lives.
Perhaps you could be a little more logical. Portis was actually playing well and his costumes antics were actually hilarious every week. Now you have Portis who doesn't even practice with the team, whining about this and that but doesn't really put any effort on the field. Gather, Betts, and Cartwright actually practice, put an effort in finding the holes and run through them, and don't trip over themselves after 2 steps.

Other than that, I really didn't see much of a big deal over the comments Rogers and Hall said.

I wouldn't doubt it. Rogers is a bust. I've never seen a guy with great talent and consistantly not perform on the field game in and game out.

Hall, can't cover either. How many times in crucial 3rd downs was his guy wide open?? Plenty.

If Rogers AND Hall are busts and can't cover then I assume you also agree that Landry is a bust and also sucks. And if believing that 3/4 of our secondary who were all top 10 picks are garbage then don't you think that it also conceivable that our coaching is garbage and that perhaps maybe they have something to do with the display we all see on the field and are not putting the players in the right position to succeed.

I know I think it is and would much rather see the cornerstones of a once great secondary given another chance under a new coaching philosophy than to dump then all and rebuild around Blache & Jerry Grey. Lets cut our players some slack, a lot of the problems we see on the field are due to Snyder trying to replicate Greg Williams system without have to keep him around as HC. Blache has been dead weight all year and Gray seems to be useless also, lets get rid of them and give our 1st rounders a chance to redeem themselves under a new philosophy instead of bashing the athletes.

Archived