Rabach

Moss (perhaps)

ARE

DHall

Los

Smoot

LL

P. Daniels

I think your list is right on the money. We have never won a thing with these guys. Griffin can go too, heard his name like once the whole year.

Gone list

JC (most likely)

CP

Betts

Samuels

R. Thomas

Heyer

Rabach

Moss (perhaps)

ARE

DHall

Los

Smoot

LL

P. Daniels

Jc- (back up if anything)

CP(Maybe keep. He have some good RBs though)

Betts(decent runner) Keep

Samuels (doubt he'll play again)

R. Thomas

Heyer

Rabach

Moss(keep. He's still good and got moves)

ARE(no punt returns if kept)

DHall(keep. We had no INTs this season from anyone else until like last week)

Los( we on covering close and no cushions if kept)

Smoot( Same as LOS

LL(new coach and hopefully. Give him a chance with new coaching)

Daniels-(keep or not keep. He's still good but we could probably someone to replace him)

Is english your second language OP? That's not what Rogers meant at all, quite the opposite in fact.

How do you figure? Man, we have really come to take what these guys have to say lightly. He managed to escape the interview not sounding like a complete donk, but as a fan I really dont care about Carlos and his damn contract. Like he doesnt care about the time and 6k a year I spend for these me first clowns. How can you not concur that we have a crew of selfish, non-clutch losers on this team?

R. Thomas

Heyer

Rabach

Smoot( Same as LOS

Daniels-(keep or not keep. He's still good but we could probably someone to replace him)

Seems as if your pretty content with our 4-11. Keep most right? Makes sense lets try again next year with CP, Betts, and the whole crew :doh:

Gone list

JC (most likely)

CP - not going anywhere

Betts - perhaps

Samuels - gone

R. Thomas - perhaps

Heyer - not going anywhere

Rabach - not going anywhere

Moss (perhaps) - nope

ARE - gone

DHall - are you serious ..., no, not going anywhere

Los - perhaps

Smoot - gone

LL - no man...not going anywereP. Daniels

I wonder if Hall and Rogers would act that way if things weren't so disfunctional? Players seem to like DC as a place to get paid and nothing more.

We can hope that some of this changes with the exit of Cerrato, that the culture of spoiled players comes to some kind of end.

Some of this does come from just having a bad year and losing a lot. But there has been a problem in DC since Dan came into town with accountability; hopefully Bruce can take steps to rectify this.

It may take a bit longer than 2 years to fix the problems that are so ingrown.

Seems as if your pretty content with our 4-11. Keep most right? Makes sense lets try again next year with CP, Betts, and the whole crew :doh:

No, but some of us realize you can not go out and get 14-15 starters to fill the roles of the players you listed to dump. It's a process and it's going to take time. We need to dump the big contracts like CP first,(if it's an uncapped year) and then see how some of the younger guys progress while having some sort of veteran leadership on the field and in the lockerroom

R. Thomas

Heyer

Rabach

Smoot( Same as LOS

- CP is done, and there's no way you can bring him back at his salary. If there's an uncapped year next year, it's the perfect time to unload his salary.

- Betts will be 31 next year coming off a torn ACL & other ligaments which means he'll need two years to fully come back from it, at which point he'll be 32/33. No thanks. Rock has more value at this point, so keep him.

- Moss is several steps slower, and we need younger, fresher, cheaper legs there. If ARE is kept, and Shanny decides that he wants to keep Moss, I'd go along with it but imo it's time to clean house of all of the older, expensive guys.

- DHall I'd be open to keeping since the coaching will be much better and he is a ballhawk, but the new coaches need to use him correctly.

- Los has to go unless he's willing to be the #3 CB and re-sign for peanuts.

- LL I'd be open to keeping since he's young and he'll be coached much better next year, but I'm starting to think he's a lost cause. Could have had Revis or Willis instead. Oh well.

- Daniels will be 37 next year, and you've got young guys like Jarmon & Rak (who should be moved to DE next year) ready to step in. And AC probably has a few good years left as well.

How many people watched the video? Be honest.

I went into thinking I was going to flip out watching it. It is completely uncontroversial. Nothing at all got me upset at all.

WATCH THE VIDEO PEOPLE!!

Yes, the video doesn't paint Carlos at least in a bad light, in my opinion. My summary would be:

Carlos is asked about the dysfunction, including the recent Haynesworth fracas. He says he's felt the dysfunction since the Rams game, but that he tries to focus on each play, and tries to pay attention to the DB coach, instead of paying attention to problems with the organization, or the offense, etc. He also says that's only his take and it varies by individual. But that he doesn't think anyone should be playing with thoughts of the dysfunction, but only paying attention to the players in front of them (for the play). He doesn't think about Zorn, or JC, etc. while playing, and notes that thinking of them isn't going to win games, from a player's perspective. Only good play will.

At the end he admits that money is an issue in his contract (well, he'd be a liar if it wasn't), and that it's frustrating. He says he's tired of losing and wants to win games. Nothing outrageous there, it's perfectly understandable for anyone in competitive sport.

D-Hall is a bit more flippant, he does say part of his thoughts on the field is that Bruce Allen will be looking at players and evaluating there, so that plays a motivation in how hard he plays.

But Los didn't unduly bash anyone or add to any dysfunction. He gave honest answers, and the answers he gave make me think he's a player we'd want to keep. He tries his best, every play, trying to put the "meta-problems" out of his mind. When off the field or talking contracts, of course being on a 4-11 team that's in chaos is a concern of his. He'd be either a liar if he said it wasn't, or he'd be someone who doesn't care much about how well his team does.

I saw the video. It isn't as bad as you make it out to be. They asked some tough questions such as the Haynesworth distraction, the sinking ship, coaches and players losing their jobs. One guy even called the franchise a "circus".

One thing that the Redskins apparently do not do is prepare their players to answer questions to the press so there won't be any controversy. That's what Rogers and Hall tried to do...not have controversy, but apparently failed to do so. If you listen to the Steelers, Colts, and Patriots players after a game, they are very good at giving "no headline" press.

How many people watched the video? Be honest.

I went into thinking I was going to flip out watching it. It is completely uncontroversial. Nothing at all got me upset at all.

WATCH THE VIDEO PEOPLE!!

Are you kidding me???

Whats going through your mind Carlos, I mean the team is coming apart at the seams here. Well, me personally I am thinking about other things. Ya know it's my contract year, I am just trying to make a play, I am not worried about what the offense is doing or how many times were on the field.

C'mon! it is a testament of what kind of guy he is. Selfish garbage! He is obviously more worried about his contract. How bout you? Maybe your worried about Carlos and his pockets I'm not.

Are you kidding me???

Whats going through your mind Carlos, I mean the team is coming apart at the seams here. Well, me personally I am thinking about other things. Ya know it's my contract year, I am just trying to make a play, I am not worried about what the offense is doing or how many times were on the field.

C'mon! it is a testament of what kind of guy he is. Selfish garbage! He is obviously more worried about his contract. How bout you? Maybe your worried about Carlos and his pockets I'm not.

Did you watch the interview? He seemed to basically say he can just focus on doing HIS job well and that is what he's been trying to do. What can Carlos do to help spark the offense?, volunteer to play some receiver?, ask to go into the game and play some RT?

It's practically a cliche that if a player starts focusing on how others are supposed to do their job, as opposed to their own drill that things tend to go awry because there is so much focus involved to master your own assignments never mind worrying about what the other side of the ball is doing. Carlos just seemed to be very zen like and said -- I got to go out there and do my job well.

Clearly if every Redskins player focused on doing their own job well and succeeded at it, it would be a pretty good team. Clearly it isn't happening.

Are you kidding me???

Huh? Okay, you're a cornerback and line up opposite Miles Austin, it's 2nd and 8. What thoughts SHOULD be going through your mind:

[ ] How Jason Campbell is doing on offense

[ ] Whether Jim Zorn will be fired at the end of the season

[ ] Whether Greg Blache is calling the right defensive schemes

[ ] How to prevent Miles Austin or others from gaining a first down within the defensive play that's been called

Carlos picked the last from that list. You'd prefer him to think about all the other crap going on, while on the field?

When you're on the field your job is to focus on your assignment and role within the scheme. That's the only thing on your mind. You don't have time to think all these politically correct thoughts you all are expecting. Carlos was just being honest and to me his mind is in the right place.

- CP is done, and there's no way you can bring him back at his salary. If there's an uncapped year next year, it's the perfect time to unload his salary.

- Betts will be 31 next year coming off a torn ACL & other ligaments which means he'll need two years to fully come back from it, at which point he'll be 32/33. No thanks. Rock has more value at this point, so keep him.

- Moss is several steps slower, and we need younger, fresher, cheaper legs there. If ARE is kept, and Shanny decides that he wants to keep Moss, I'd go along with it but imo it's time to clean house of all of the older, expensive guys.

- DHall I'd be open to keeping since the coaching will be much better and he is a ballhawk, but the new coaches need to use him correctly.

- LL I'd be open to keeping since he's young and he'll be coached much better next year, but I'm starting to think he's a lost cause. Could have had Revis or Willis instead. Oh well.

- Daniels will be 37 next year, and you've got young guys like Jarmon & Rak (who should be moved to DE next year) ready to step in. And AC probably has a few good years left as well.

I agree with most of this no doubt.

Moss, I would like to keep tho IF he takes a diminished role, he can't be a true number one and make plays in double coverage..he needs to be used differently and if we figure out how, I'd like him to stay.

Carlos - I'm indifferent on him, if we cut him loose then we better have someone to replace him that's worth it.

LL- I am optimistic that he will be better under different coaches, maybe a move to SS...I hope so because he could be a terror if he knew how.

RBs- As bad as we need o-line and a QB, I wish there was a way we could get CJ spiller...dude is amazing, but whatever we do, we need to get younger at RB.

Did you watch the interview? He seemed to basically say he can just focus on doing HIS job well and that is what he's been trying to do. What can Carlos do to help spark the offense?, volunteer to play some receiver?, ask to go into the game and play some RT?

It's practically a cliche that if a player starts focusing on how others are supposed to do their job, as opposed to their own drill that things tend to go awry because there is so much focus involved to master your own assignments never mind worrying about what the other side of the ball is doing. Carlos just seemed to be very zen like and said -- I got to go out there and do my job well.

Clearly if every Redskins player focused on doing their own job well and succeeded at it, it would be a pretty good team. Clearly it isn't happening.

I hear what your trying to say, but that just is not the case. When your asked about the team and the first thing that comes out of your mind is about your contract year you obviously are not to concerned about the TEAM. So, I guess what your saying is that everyone should worry about themselves isnt that what we are trying to fix here?

I only think we should keep Betts if we can't find a good RBs to replace him. Cartwright is mainly on Kickoff returns. Yes he can run but its not what we've had him doing most of his time here.

Moss needs to stay until we have true playmaker. DT might become that but he still has growing to do. Once Kelly, DT, Marko, or future WR become a major playmaker we really don't have any options.

Hall needs to stay because his coverage has gotten even better and he's the only one making picks. Doughty and Landry finally had some the last couple weeks.

Carlos is replaceable but if he improved on covering and possibly catching I would be ok with him staying.

Landry is young which is why I believe there's hope. A coach coming in and hopefully a new DC could really turn him around now before its too late. He's only 25 so he's got plenty of good years ahead if they can really work with him on the off season.

Archived