Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Zorn trying to avoid ‘The look’

JimmiJo

I agree 100%. Jim actually took the high road on this one and handled it quite well. Also, he took money from Dan that he would have lost had he quit (ROFL). Dan looses money by the bucket loads sometimes!!! To bad he makes the fans pay to get it back.

How was it the high road?

He has his shill in Largeant go on the radio blasting the Redskins.

He takes it like a completely pathetic human with no self-respect.

He runs the swinging gate as a form of loser protest.

The high road would have been to quit, thank the team for the opportunity, take on a new head coaching job and have success.

Acting like a broken down shell of a man is not taking the high road. It is taking the pathetic road.

He's a nice man, and as I remember, a pretty good QB. When he lost his starting job he took it with class. But I think he will be "Fasseled," relegated to joke status and jeered whenever his name is mentioned on connection with a coaching vacancy. There are numerous reasons for the collapse of this team, but bear in mind, it gets blown up every couple of years. It took Cowher 15 years to win a Super Bowl, yet he is revered as some sort of football god.

He needed to quit. He is that worthless and knows he has no options so he takes it. Sticks around to get his payout. He deserves all the humiliation and ridicule in the world for doing it.

He was doing the job that he was contracted to do. If he is that worthless shouldn't he get fired mid season?

I blame Snyder for not firing him, not Zorn for refusing to quit mid season.

The only good thing that came out of this whole Zorn experiment, is that it totally blew up in the face of this organization and got Vinny fired. I think that IF Danny starts to make the right decisions, we may look at this situation 3 years from now as a turning point for this franchise.

These past 2 years have probably been the most embarrassing in franchise history and I believe Danny has realized this. From hiring a QB coach to be your Head Coach, to suing season ticket holders, hiring a bingo caller to be your playcaller, being shut out at home on national television. It has been just downright embarrassing and humiliating.

He needed to quit. He is that worthless and knows he has no options so he takes it. Sticks around to get his payout. He deserves all the humiliation and ridicule in the world for doing it.

If you are not a useless excuse of an NFL coach, you walk away from the situation knowing that you will get another job. He knows he never will, so he sells his dignity for the payout.

I have no respect for a worthless loser like that.

Yeesh, I hope that I never get on your real life bad side!

I feel like Zorn would've been screwed either way. He would be a quitter if he left or a, err, "wimpy" is what I'll tone down what you said to, man if he did what he did.

I'm glad that the Zorn era is over, but I what Snyderatto did was still inexcusable.

His future in coaching isn't solid..no one will even hire him as a coordinator right now....maybe the walrus can hire him as QB coach in Clev but that's it. It's too bad for him Danny listened to the fans and didn't hire Fassell to be over Zorn....Zorn would have many future coaching years in front of him.

His future in coaching isn't solid..no one will even hire him as a coordinator right now....maybe the walrus can hire him as QB coach in Clev but that's it. It's too bad for him Danny listened to the fans and didn't hire Fassell to be over Zorn....Zorn would have many future coaching years in front of him.

A little bit of revisionist history in your last sentence, no?

EVERYONE was anti-Fassel; I couldn't name four people who were PRO-Zorn.

A little bit of revisionist history in your last sentence, no?

EVERYONE was anti-Fassel; I couldn't name four people who were PRO-Zorn.

It's so true. We HATED Fassel. I remember people acting like he was the worst coach in the history in the NFL.

As for the argument about how "awful" Zorn was treated, I'm sorry I tend to disagree. The truth is, he wasn't getting the job done. We got a new playcaller in there, and that was the best chance for Jim to save his job. Make no mistake, if we would have turned the season around and made the playoffs, I'm sure Zorn would have been retained, with Sherm running the offense. We could've fired the guy mid season and left him out to dry, but we gave him a second chance to succeed. Look what happened with Lane Kiffin and Al Davis and compare it with how we've handled the Zorn situation. Its not even close to how bad Kiffin was treated.

Coaching is a lot more than just X's and O's. This team hasn't looked motivated in the entire two years Zorn's been here. The guy simply lacks the intangibles to be a head coach at this current time. Maybe he'll learn in the future, but for now, this is a firing that has to be made. He was lucky we gave him and oppurtunity he may not have ever gotten to have, and seems to at least appreciate the experiance.

<----- one of those posters.

Crow thread in about a week.

*updated*

The Defense did their job; the Offense needs updated with an "O" line and a couple more position; but I can inform each an every ONE of you that getting rid of heart and soul plalyers - such as has been "suggested" - Rock for one - would be a FATAL mistake. Also, getting rid of young defensive guys would be a fatal mistake. For, just like Shaun made everyone eat points last night - so will these YOUNG players make you wish YOU had them back on your side. A good COACH, such as Cowher would KNOW ........... :)

Zorn has looked in over his head since his first press conference in 2008 when he referred to the Redskins as the 'maroon and gold'........ :laugh:

Zorn's 'aw shucks' manner may play well out in Seattle when he is hiding behind the pantry skirts of Mike Holmgren, but as a HC in an NFC East city, Zorn was definitely out of his element when he had to deal with the strong personalities on the team and in the media.

He never lost that scared look you see in people on their first day at work.

He and Cerrato were some pair weren't they? :laugh:

Did an NFL team ever have poorer leadership than Washington in 2008-2009?

If you are not a useless excuse of an NFL coach, you walk away from the situation knowing that you will get another job. He knows he never will, so he sells his dignity for the payout.

I have no respect for a worthless loser like that.

what

is

the

matter?

really? what is the problem?

omfg...you are twisted.

Archived