Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Zorn trying to avoid ‘The look’

JimmiJo

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=2773

Zorn trying to avoid ‘The look’

Coach Jim Zorn is ignoring his inevitable dismissal looming one week away, saying he didn’t want anyone feeling sorry for him over recent weeks when termination seemed certain.

“I get hit with ‘The look.’ I get all that. I just have to press on. I have to push forward,” Zorn said. “I had made a decision when the first inkling of all the speculation, I think it was after beating the Rams 9-7 earlier in the season. I just made a decision then I going to stay focused and see this through.

“I truly am having a great experience. It’s not fun, but it’s a great experience. There are better days ahead.”

Click the link above to read the rest of the story...

By the title, I thought it was referring to his "Deer in the headlights" look he does on the sideline. I do feel bad for him because the entire situation was not fair for him and his level of coaching experience. He inherited a pretty mediocre team, and he wasn't experienced enough to turn it into anything. I really believe he can be a good coach. He just needs a better situation with a real mentor.

No one is going to feel sorry for you Zorny. Lets make sure of that. you came in here as OC and eventually offered a dream job which u took. now u got paid a good salary for perhaps being the worst Redskins head coach ever. worse than spurrier.

good job dude. way to embarrass and stink up this proud franchise with your pathetic head coaching.

“I truly am having a great experience. It’s not fun, but it’s a great experience. There are better days ahead.”

Best way to look at it right there. Wheels just fell off of this whole thing and did so pretty fast. Between Vinnie's moves to save his own ass,Jim's apparent tendency to try to do too much,(along with his newness to the job),and a team hammered by the injury bug as well as some poor execution,it's been a trainwreck of a season. Best thing to do is live and learn. Apply all that down the road. I don't have any ill will towards Jim. He didn't ask for the job they asked him to do,but there's no doubt in my mind he tried his best when he got it. Of course,sometimes that just ain't good enough. Hopefully the team,(what's left of it),rebounds next season for whomever may be coach at that time.

When Zorn was offered the HC job he made a judgment call and decided that he had what it takes to be a successful Head Coach in the National Football League.

He was wrong.

Whether he should have known better and turned the job down is anyone's guess, but I think he has realized his mistake. As far as the whole "classy" thing, I agree that Zorn is a good guy, but I don't think he should be put on a pedestal.

Yes he hasn't come out with any comments. But he is getting paid millions of dollars, and on top of that I doubt he's staying up all night game planning.

Best way to look at it right there. Wheels just fell off of this whole thing and did so pretty fast. Between Vinnie's moves to save his own ass,Jim's apparent tendency to try to do too much,(along with his newness to the job),and a team hammered by the injury bug as well as some poor execution,it's been a trainwreck of a season. Best thing to do is live and learn. Apply all that down the road. I don't have any ill will towards Jim. He didn't ask for the job they asked him to do,but there's no doubt in my mind he tried his best when he got it. Of course,sometimes that just ain't good enough. Hopefully the team,(what's left of it),rebounds next season for whomever may be coach at that time.

I think that this sums it up perfectly. At least this isn't really a messy divorce, at least not from Zorn's side. He wasn't given the best chance (treated pretty horribly, actually), but he didn't exactly do much, either. He definitely gave it his all, though (except on the swinging [Water]gate), and I'll give him credit for that.

Washington's just not the place for him. I wish him well unless it affects us negatively.

I think that this sums it up perfectly. At least this isn't really a messy divorce, at least not from Zorn's side. He wasn't given the best chance (treated pretty horribly, actually), but he didn't exactly do much, either. He definitely gave it his all, though (except on the swinging [Water]gate), and I'll give him credit for that.

Washington's just not the place for him. I wish him well unless it affects us negatively.

He's a few million dollars richer....he failed as a head coach...but succeeded as a business man..can't be all that bad (I'm sure he was drinking eggnog last week)

He's a few million dollars richer....he failed as a head coach...but succeeded as a business man..can't be all that bad (I'm sure he was drinking eggnog last week)

Money helps, yeah, but he was publicly humiliated for months. Fire the man or don't, but don't string him along and cut his coaching balls off in front of the nation for months. It's okay to fire someone, but treating him like that was ridiculous.

The fact of the matter is: Every other person that interviewed before Jim would have had the same look. Look at their individual records right now. Nobody could have coached this roster with what has happened this year. Why is it that only the fans are the ones who saw a lot of this coming? We have averaged two offensive lineman injuries the past five years. Two years have been with two linemen out for the season. I'm not a betting man, but I would have to say the odds weren't in our favor to have a starting front five OL for a whole season. Portis, Betts, and Cooley were a by-product of a bad offense. Their injuries can be attributed to all the other problems.

Money helps, yeah, but he was publicly humiliated for months. Fire the man or don't, but don't string him along and cut his coaching balls off in front of the nation for months. It's okay to fire someone, but treating him like that was ridiculous.

You could not be more correct. I'm sure the nice severance check will provide some comfort. His egg is about to get bigger!

He needed to quit. He is that worthless and knows he has no options so he takes it. Sticks around to get his payout. He deserves all the humiliation and ridicule in the world for doing it.

If you are not a useless excuse of an NFL coach, you walk away from the situation knowing that you will get another job. He knows he never will, so he sells his dignity for the payout.

I have no respect for a worthless loser like that.

I agree 100%. Jim actually took the high road on this one and handled it quite well. Also, he took money from Dan that he would have lost had he quit (ROFL). Dan looses money by the bucket loads sometimes!!! To bad he makes the fans pay to get it back.

He needed to quit. He is that worthless and knows he has no options so he takes it. Sticks around to get his payout. He deserves all the humiliation and ridicule in the world for doing it.

If you are not a useless excuse of an NFL coach, you walk away from the situation knowing that you will get another job. He knows he never will, so he sells his dignity for the payout.

I have no respect for a worthless loser like that.

I would guarentee that YOU would stay for that paycheck! You are all a bunch of glass house/rock throwing SOB's.

Archived