Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embarrassing amount of Cowboy fans on SNF

dchillin

It would not matter if the Skins would have been 4-10 or 10-4 this has been a on going problem for years. Had that game been played on a 55 degree day at 1:00 on Sunday it would not have happened. I was at the game and 95% of the Cowboys fans were in the lower bowl. That is were most of are senior citizens are sitting who have owned there seats since 1932. The reason why you do not see this happen in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New York, Kansas City,ext. is because senior citizens will not sit in the cold to watch a game meaning the younger crowed gets the season tickets and there stadium noise blows us away.

You are way wrong about your weather scenario. It wouldn't have mattered if the weather was 80 degrees, the fans in the stands would have been the same.

The state of this franchise has forced ticket holders to play the hand they are dealt. STH's probably started dumping NO, NYG & Puke tickets after the Detroit loss in order to recoup some of their money.

Since the lower bowl STH's are older as you state, they have seen the ineptitude of this organization over the past 10-15 years and will jump at the opportunity to get some of their hard earned cash back. Does that make anyone who sold any less of a fan? I don't think so, but it's certainly debatable.

As a former lower bowl STH for over 30 years, I couldn't bring myself to continue to pay the money each year for such a horrible product. And, yes, I was one of those who consistently sold late season games in an attempt to recoup some money. Being forced to pay $110/seat for preseason games always made the PT games and NFC East games late in the season an opportunity to get over face value for each game.

Say what you want, but until this owner puts a quality product on the field people are going to continue to sell their late season tickets to anyone who will pay for them.

Are you serious?

Yeah there were a lot of pukes there, but it wasnt close to being a home game for them.

They were pretty quiet, we were much louder. You could even tell by how many people stood during a celebration of a play. That place seemed rowdier on Moss's 20+ yard plus play than any any Puke TD.

I agree with you. I was at the game, lower bowl, on the Pukes side.

There were a quite a lot of Doughboy fans there, but they were no where close to the majority.

Don't forget we have white too, and alot of skins fans were wearing coats which covered up their B&G. It was pretty damn cold for sure. I had my big winter coat on, which is tan.

Also, the Doughboy fans around us, weren't rude at all. A couple did rub it in a few times, but I just asked about their Playoff asperations.

Though, we bailed at the beginning of the fourth quarter. The last throwaway by Candle just made us sick.

I wonder who sold their ticket to Alan Greenspan? On TV they panned up to Snyder in his suite and behind him in semi darkness was the ex Fed Chaiman having a bowl of soup and looking totally disinterested. I guess Tom Cruise couldn't make it.

Its funny how this thread gets brought up year after year....the team SUCKS. Fans interest is at its nadir right now and the lack of desire isnt a Redskin fan thing its a OUR TEAM SUCKS thing.

In 2005 in Philly, for example, the Skins were making a playoff run and the Eagles were having a double digit loss season.....the game AT PHILLY at the end of the year there were THOUSANDS of Skins fans there. Why? Cuz the Eagles fans didnt feel like watching their team get beat yet again and dumped their tickets.

If the Skins, or any team WINS then it will give people some hope and make it fun for people to go to the games again. Right now its dissapointement, failure, suckyness and downright garbage trotted out there week after week.

Im shocked there were as many Skins fans there even.

I love the Skins more than anyone but I just call it like it is....you put a dumpy product on the field and you'll get a dumpy turn out to watch it. See the Nats, See the Wiz for most of their existence and for the years between the 14 straight playoff seasons and Ovie see the Caps.

Alot of fans at the FEDEX Stadium; even more blue then I would care to talk about - HOWEVER' date=' alot of EMPTY seats..........gave that to the weather.

Lifetime fans of the Redskins will always chose to cheer, cuss and discuss the team - players - seasons - but most of all, we STAY with the team. We don't jump out of a closet like other feather lite fans of "other teams" do. We are diehards.

I chose this team franchise, am on the second owner - still love the Washington Redskins. Couldn't even fathom rooting for anyone else. Guess I will if the franchise closes down. Hope that never happens.[/quote']

Nice post D'K.

Try 17 years of at best mediocre teams.

If any of the more rabid fan bases went through what we've been through, there would be a significant decline in the fanbase.

Wrong. The Packers were mostly mediocre to below average in the 1970's and 1980's and still had a die hard fan base.

we the fans NEED to show up and start supporting our team again, like we used to.

Just like Dan wants. Personally, I'll need to see more than a GM change to think things will be different. Even the inevitable hiring of a big-name coach likely won't be enough. Dan knows how to make headlines when things are bad...but I ain't falling for it again. Only time will tell.

Wrong. The Packers were mostly mediocre to below average in the 1970's and 1980's and still had a die hard fan base.

I remember a game where the Skins went into Lambeau....years ago....& beat the everloving crap out of them, something like 33-0. The Packers have always had a very loyal fanbase. Of course, the fanbase does OWN the team, so it would be really bad if THEY don't show up every week. But they are the only ones like that.

Oakland has a rabid fanbase & they have depleted drastically over the years due to the losing. I've seen several San Diego/Oakland games and there seems to be a lot of Chargers fans in the stands.

I think it is fair to say that THIS fanbase is among the MOST rabid & loyal IN THE LEAGUE. We DO still show up as a fanbase, I heard a LOT of cheering during defensive downs & other semi-big plays & when this team is winning again, those numbers will swell again because it will be worth the money to fill the stands again.

But under the circumstances, ANY fanbase would face these same issues. It would not surprise me to hear a lot of cheering in San Diego for the Skins. Pittsburgh & Dallas fans like to tout that they are everywhere, but guess what. So are we, despite the losing. I saw a lot of Redskins gear in Pensacola, Fl. a few weeks ago, only 1 real Cowboys fan, mostly Saints. We are very loyal.

We sat in our seats and watched that garbage in the cold. I stayed until we punted with 5:55 left down 17-0. I figured if the team doesn't care enough to go for it on 4th down down 3 scores with 5:55 left than why should I care enough to stay at the game. I was a fool for not selling my seat.

I remember a game where the Skins went into Lambeau....years ago....& beat the everloving crap out of them, something like 33-0. The Packers have always had a very loyal fanbase. Of course, the fanbase does OWN the team, so it would be really bad if THEY don't show up every week. But they are the only ones like that.

Oakland has a rabid fanbase & they have depleted drastically over the years due to the losing. I've seen several San Diego/Oakland games and there seems to be a lot of Chargers fans in the stands.

I think it is fair to say that THIS fanbase is among the MOST rabid & loyal IN THE LEAGUE. We DO still show up as a fanbase, I heard a LOT of cheering during defensive downs & other semi-big plays & when this team is winning again, those numbers will swell again because it will be worth the money to fill the stands again.

But under the circumstances, ANY fanbase would face these same issues. It would not surprise me to hear a lot of cheering in San Diego for the Skins. Pittsburgh & Dallas fans like to tout that they are everywhere, but guess what. So are we, despite the losing. I saw a lot of Redskins gear in Pensacola, Fl. a few weeks ago, only 1 real Cowboys fan, mostly Saints. We are very loyal.

I am not saying we aren't loyal. I agree we are among the most loyal. I am just saying we aren't THE MOST loyal of all the teams.

I would probably put the Skins in the top 5. But not the top 3. Off the top of my head, I say Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Dallas are the top 3. They travel the best, I would guess. I am sure it will not be a popular opinion. Skins and Philly probably battle it out for the next 2 positions.

I would probably put the Skins in the top 5. But not the top 3. Off the top of my head, I say Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Dallas are the top 3. They travel the best, I would guess. I am sure it will not be a popular opinion. Skins and Philly probably battle it out for the next 2 positions.

I see a lot less GB stuff then I do Redskins stuff when I am outside the area. That's not to say I see a lot of it, just that I see more Redskins then GB. But then, I'm also not a world traveler, that's just been my experience.

I guess I would have to be a Packers fan to know If they've suffer as much misery as we Skins fans have had for the last 15 years or more.

Hell they have memories of Favre and recent Super Bowls to be happy about. What in the hell do we have? Inconsistent, soulless crap for all to see.

I seriously doubt it. But hard to prove. And given the Steelers have a well run organization vs the Skins, I don't think we will find out anytime soon.

They would. They were all over the place in the 70s and dried up by the late 80s and then slowly returned in the late 90s. These are the same people that latched onto the Niners in the 80s into the mid 90s. I bet many of them not from the northeast couldn't tell you who Mark Malone or Mike Merriweather are.

Not that I noticed. OK, they had a VERY small diehard fanbase outside of the upper midwest, but Lynn Dickey wasn't creating Cheesehead invasions in other stadiums. Their large fanbase now is credited to their resurgence led by Favre

Archived