Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Perfect offseason...

Ajamrani

After offcourse signing Mike Shanahan as the head football coach..I want us to be pretty aggressive this offseason acquiring OT's..

In free agency:

-Resign Campbell

The big free agency signings:

-Sign Logan Mankins OL

-Sign Marcus McNeil LT

-Sign Carlos Dansby LB(need an ROLB in order to have Orakpo as a full time DE)

In the Draft:

5th Overall: Sam Bradford QB

Shanahan is going to want his own QB and Bradford is the perfect fit for his system.

37th Overall:Jason Fox OT

Fox has a geat size at 6'6 320 pounds and is very athletic.

4Th round pick: Sam Young OT

Sam young is HUGE at 6'8 340pounds but right now he is very RAW that is why he drops to the 4th round but with the right coaching he can develop into a great RT.

What do you guys think?

I can see the Patriots letting Mankins go, but can't see the chargers letting McNeil hit the market.

I really hope we don't draft Bradford

No way Sam Young makes it to the 4th round

Right now Young is a mid 3rd to early 4th round prospect..

Chargers might not afford to sign Mcneil to a long term deal as they just signed rivers to 100 mil and need to sign sproles as well...I can see Mcneil testing FA.

I posted this from the "your 2010 offensive personnel and roster design"

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=313368&page=3

QB - JC, McCoy (drafted lower 1st after trading down to acquire picks), Colt Brennan

RB's - CP, drafted a 2nd rounder, Ganther, Alridge

FB's - Leonard Weaver (FA from Eagles), Draft a lower rounder

WR's - Moss, Cooley, Davis, Thomas, Kelly, Mitchell

Logan Mankins - G (FA from Pats)

Dock - G

Levi Jones - LT

Rabach - C

Willie Colon - RT (FA from Steelers)

Fanaika OL (backup)

Heyer - T (backup)

Edwin Williams - C (backup)

Will Robinson - G (backup)

Draft/FA - (backup)

Draft/FA - (backup)

Unless there is a miracle and a new CBA gets donw in the next 2-3 months, there will not be many FA's at all in the NFL. The rules for FA's will change from 5 years being eligible to 6 years ( I think that is the correct years), which means people like McNiel will be RFA's and the Chargers can keep him cheaply.

The main way to improve your team next year will be the draft

Here is my Dream Offseason.

Resign Campbell, McIntosh, Golston, Rabach, Wilson, Alexander, and Hunter the Punter, let all other FA's leave

Cut Betts, Randle El, Cartwight.

Draft SUH, Okung, or E Berry. In that order if available. Draft a RB in Round 2. Draft Oline/Dline with the remaining picks.

Sign Logan Matkins, McNeil, Dansby

The perfect offseason would be to see 2010 be uncapped and be able to get rid of every single overpaid player on the roster.

Addition by subtraction.

I gotta say, as much as I want this, it feels dirty for it to happen. Teams go through great lengths to play the system. The Redskins play with complete disregard for it and are restricted because of their short sightedness. Then, one year, they're relieved of such burden... not because they got themselves out of the mess but because of a fluke.

I gotta say, as much as I want this, it feels dirty for it to happen. Teams go through great lengths to play the system. The Redskins play with complete disregard for it and are restricted because of their short sightedness. Then, one year, they're relieved of such burden... not because they got themselves out of the mess but because of a fluke.

It would be kinda ironic though. The system that allowed the Skins the opportunity to loophole to death is not renewed....which allows them to fix all the glaring mistakes they made when utilizing all those loopholes

Here is my dream offseason.....politely tell Campbell thank you for being tough the last couple years but take your 17-30 record the last 3 yrs, the zero wins vs the Giants, the 1 win vs the Cowboys, and have a nice career. We cannot win with him people. There is zero chance. At least with another QB we have a chance. I dont care who it is. 4 years is enough.

rabach has got to go.i am soo tired of seeing the center of the line on short plays getting blown up.he's smart but he is not a physical player and never was.i also doubt anyone will give us a 2nd rd pick for Jason.going to be an interesting offseason.i hope theres no cap,other wise the skins will have no room to do what they need to do.Samuels is probably done and if not only has a year or two with a monster contract ready to cause our cap to go belly up.Portis also needs a change and his contract also will hurt.Thomas and then theres fletcher who at 35 can't have a whole lot left but his contract sure does .then randle el is also one that should go and all these cuts will go against a cap and slow the chance to rebuild this team right for at least another year.no cap then we can get the pay roll fixed,and with all due respect to the skins nation announcer we might not right the checks that have to pay for all these fine gentleman to leave but we also didn't sign them to these rediculousely big contracts in the first place.that would give Allen alot of room to move in to rebuild the team and set it up for a new cap.like i said it is going to be interesting.

Here is my dream offseason.....politely tell Campbell thank you for being tough the last couple years but take your 17-30 record the last 3 yrs, the zero wins vs the Giants, the 1 win vs the Cowboys, and have a nice career. We cannot win with him people. There is zero chance. At least with another QB we have a chance. I dont care who it is. 4 years is enough.

I don't think anyone feels Candle is the answer anymore...but going with him for next season will avoid a 1-15 season.

rabach has got to go.i am soo tired of seeing the center of the line on short plays getting blown up.he's smart but he is not a physical player and never was.

Completely agree here, our Center position needs a massive upgrade. I thought it was our biggest o-line weakness last offseason, but that was assuming everyone stayed healthy.

and then theres fletcher who at 35 can't have a whole lot left but his contract sure does.

Disagree here. Fletcher is smart, savvy, and still damned good. He hasn't shown any decline. I want him to retire a Redskin, we can draft a good LB with the hopes that he Fletcher can tutor him, but Fletcher is invaluable.

I don't think anyone feels Candle is the answer anymore...but going with him for next season will avoid a 1-15 season.

I'd rather have Todd Collins or even Colt Brennan. I mean, damn, Candle's release is sooooo slow. Until we get a better o-line, our QB MUST have a quicker release. If we draft a QB with the 1st pick, he MUST have a quick release, otherwise he'll get slaughtered.

If Allen is anything like Parcells he can do some things in the off season especially with a good coach. Theres no reason we can't be .500 next season, Zorn and his crew made us look worse than what we really are. A good Coach should be able to whip these guys into shape this off season.

Resign JC, or at least tender him the 3.2 mil and hope someone is willing to part with a 1 and a 3 for him. If not let him start again next year. We have seen how well he can play with some time to throw the ball. JC isnt the best QB in the game by any means but hes good enough to take this team to the playoffs and beyond with a competent OL and (hopefully) an attacking defense.

Draft OL in the first, Id love to have Suh but we cant keep ignoring OL. This is a MUST

Bring back Rocky, Golston and Los if its on the cheap.

Cut ARE, Tana, Griffin, Betts, Cartwright and Portis(if he doesnt change his ways)

Send Blatche back to the wilderness and get a DC that plays aggressively, im tired of the bend but dont break BS.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

This is my team until the day I die, we may be down now but baby we will be back in the mix before too long.

Don't forget that we should have been in cap hell every offseason since 2003. Our FO has done one thing exceptionally well- and that's tinker with the cap. We have kept ourselves from falling apart financially.

The perfect offseason would be to see 2010 be uncapped and be able to get rid of every single overpaid player on the roster.

Addition by subtraction.

I have to agree! And i was on the JC bandwaggin the last few weeks but im off now. I know he has no time but he has missed the open guy a lot when he has had time. Im ready to move on. I wouldn't mind having us bring in a vet QB and start building a solid OL and get a few more weapons. Then worry about the QB. I think it's going to take a few years to fix this thing and i think we would be better off starting with the OL. Just my Opin though.

Archived