Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What percent of defensive snaps does a DT normally play?

HailGreen28

I keep hearing that Albert Haynesworth takes plays off. But I see other DTs rotated in and out regularly. Last night, an announcer said Big Al is in on about 60% of the defensive plays.

What's the normal percent of defensive snaps a DT plays? And what should we expect from Haynesworth?

edit: Or maybe an announcer said it last week?

I see the Giants rotating their DLs in and out all game. Those guys take a beating and its important to keep them fresh. Haynesworth is constantly taking on 2 and 3 guys every time he's out there. I think anyone would get worn out after awhile when you see double and triple teams all night.

60% is about right for a starting DT.

Defensive line is the most physically exhausting position on the field in terms of player stamina, especially interior defensive line. You're constantly battling and fighting multiple guys at a time... essentially using every muscle in your body to fight them off.

What a load of crap.

How tiring is it to count to 5-Mississippi?

Greg Blache is a genius, if only his talented players who sit in all of his meetings and attend all of his practices and get rolled over in all of our games could see that, we'd be a much better team!

~Barf

What a load of crap.

Greg Blache is a genius, if only his talented players who sit in all of his meetings and attend all of his practices and get rolled over in all of our games could see that, we'd be a much better team!

~Barf

LOL, last night I even saw a blitzing Landry hesitate on the line like that! Even so, he hit Romo sits to pee right after he threw, if only he counted two mississipi instead!

Thanks to everybody for the info.

What a load of crap.

~Barf

I take it your being sarcastic. I agree with the above poster...no one can play the entire game going up against 2 to 3 people every down. If he did he wouldn't be going 100% every play and I'm sure you people would find a way to complain about that too. No win situation.

Big Al is doing just fine...worth the contract? No DT is worth that much money. That's not his fault...blame the front office.

Archived