Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meyer Shanahan connection

prufRock

A few years ago when Spurrier left UF for the Skins a big story here in Denver was Mike Shanahan's possible departure from Denver to Florida. Apparently Shanahan has deep ties to the Gator program and thought very seriously about returning to Gainesville at the time.

I'm wondering if Urban Meyer's resignation will hurt the Skins' chance of landing Shanahan this offseason.

A few years ago when Spurrier left UF for the Skins a big story here in Denver was Mike Shanahan's possible departure from Denver to Florida. Apparently Shanahan has deep ties to the Gator program and thought very seriously about returning to Talahassee At the time.

I'm wondering if Urban Meyer's resignation will hurt the Skins' chance of landing Shanahan this offseason.

The university of Florida is in Gainesville

I hope were not building another "Dream Team" like Gibbs did.

We need:

M.Shanahan- HC/President

Kubiac- Senior OC/Asst. HC

K.Shanahan- OC

A.Gibbs- OL

Word is obvious K.Shanahan is coming. Slowlick (;) ). Rumors of Zimmer. Anyone close to Shanahan know if A.Gibbs is coming, Kubiac, or any of the position coach's Shanahan might be looking at?

I hope were not building another "Dream Team" like Gibbs did.

We need:

M.Shanahan- HC/President

Not that anything should surprise me when it comes to this organization's recent past, but to give Shanahan the "Team President" title, AFTER you've just employed Bruce Allen in the GM role, and in so doing admitted your failings and willingness to change; would TOTALLY undermine both the good work you'd just done, and the new GM you've just hired, surely?

Hail.

Not that anything should surprise me when it comes to this organization's recent past, but to give Shanahan the "Team President" title, AFTER you've just employed Bruce Allen in the GM role, and in so doing admitted your failings and willingness to change; would TOTALLY undermine both the good work you'd just done, and the new GM you've just hired, surely?

Hail.

Depends what Shanny's specific responsibilities in the "President" role would be. I don't think Allen would have come here if he had a problem with Shanny being named team President. I'm sure that Danny was upfront with Allen about what Shanny's exact role would be here. We'll see what happens.

Meyer seems like a good, honest guy. If he's resigning for health reasons, I'd be stunned if he got back into coaching next year, at least not in the NFL or as a college HC. But I'm sure he'll be back eventually as long as he gets healthy (heart problems? it sounded like no one knows exactly what's up. hopefully he makes a full recovery).

edit: this was in response to Chicken Fried's post and the following convo

A few years ago when Spurrier left UF for the Skins a big story here in Denver was Mike Shanahan's possible departure from Denver to Florida. Apparently Shanahan has deep ties to the Gator program and thought very seriously about returning to Talahassee At the time.

Um, Florida is in "Gainesville", dude.

Archived