Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Thanks Dan" billboard? Too Early?

MTechnik

Dan seems to have gotten the message:

-got a real gm

-agreed to step back

As fired up as people were, talking about buying a billboard imploring the sale of the team, or replacing vinny, is it time to give a big 'thanks' to Dan Snyder for getting the message, and acting decisively on it?

Or is it too soon?

Or is it too soon?

Yes. WAY too soon. Let's let Mr.Allen get a few years under his belt & prove that Snyder is actually in the background now instead of just trusting that he will do it simply because he said he will.

I have a better idea. How about, we get a billboard together & thank him...when he wins his first Lombardi!

Yes. WAY too soon. Let's let Mr.Allen get a few years under his belt & prove that Snyder is actually in the background now instead of just trusting that he will do it simply because he said he will.

I have a better idea. How about, we get a billboard together & thank him...when he wins his first Lombardi!

This.

As much **** as we've been through as a fan base, I won't say thank you until we win a Lombardi under Dan's ownership.

Agreed. Snyder has still got a lot of maturing to do. Hiring Allen was the first step in that process.

Nothing of any real significance that translates into proper building of a team or wins/loses, etc has happened yet. So no, it's way to soon, a move was made..some words were said. lets see if he sticks with it and has actually learned something before you go thanking him..he should be thanking us for faithfully supporting his franchise.

Snyder is still a horrible owner. Look at how horrible things had to be and for how long they had to be this bad.

WRONG.

IF Snyder does as he claims (steps back and allows Allen full control), we just got the BEST OWNER IN PRO SPORTS.

I said it.

Our GM will have a blank check to do whatever he wants, and Snyder will stay out of it. You can't ask for a better ownership situtation. Sure, it's an IF, but the IF got much smaller with Cerrato being fired and Allen given control.

WRONG.

IF Snyder does as he claims (steps back and allows Allen full control), we just got the BEST OWNER IN PRO SPORTS.

I said it.

Our GM will have a blank check to do whatever he wants, and Snyder will stay out of it. You can't ask for a better ownership situtation. Sure, it's an IF, but the IF got much smaller with Cerrato being fired and Allen given control.

So... If he actually changes his ways and agrees to do everything differently than the way he does them, then he'll be the best owner in sorts? That must mean that right now he's the worst owner in sports. Actually that seems about right.

To answer the original post, there is NOTHING to thank this d-bag for right now. Make him prove that he's changing. As an owner all this idiot has done so far is completely ruin what was once one of the best franchises in professional sports.

In the Haynesworth interview on Sirius last night, Gil Brandt asked Al about his weekly meetings with Dan. Al said that the last time he had one of those it was to introduce Allen.

Sounds like he's already started doing the 'tough part' of stopping having weekly lunches with players and bending their ears about how to manage the team.

There have been some good signs, just indications that Dan might possibly have got the slightest whiff of a clue as to how to rebuild this trainwreck, but that is all.

It is too early for a Thank You billboard but it might not be too early to tone down some of the "worst owner" and "d-bag" commentary.

Archived