Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An American Hero Dies

ardowling

You hear about Brittney Murphy 24-7 but you hear zero coverage about this man:

Taken from another site

A man considered to be the country's most decorated soldier has died.

Oak Crest Funeral Home in Waco, Texas, says retired Col. Robert Lewis Howard died Wednesday. He was 70. The funeral home obituary said that at the time of his death he was the most decorated American soldier.

Howard served in the Army from 1956 to 1992. He was nominated three times for the Medal of Honor, the nation's most prestigious award for combat veterans. He was awarded it once, for his bravery in Vietnam during a mission to rescue a missing soldier in enemy territory.

He was wounded 14 times in Vietnam and was awarded eight Purple Hearts.

Howard will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. No date has been set.

http://rlhtribute.com/

Not only a MOH but 8 purple hearts...a true warrior

It always hurts my stomach a bit when someone says this person got x amount of coverage,, but you don't hear about this person.

Anyway this man was a true hero and may he rest in peace.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make is the death of the most decorated Soldier since Audie Murphy( he may be more decorated than Audie Murphy) receives zero coverage from the MSM...why? Did you know his MOH presentation was not covered by the MSM in the 70s, I just don't get it:(

Thanks for bringing this to fourm attention. It gives another opportunity to reflect and add another person to whom we're grateful in our thoughts.

I understand how celebrity status is a different matter in siuch things, and the reason for it's greater public coverage than for other folks who may be of more admirable nature by our views, and am ok with that---but I support being remined about perspective on such things and given the chance to have a thought of thanks for those admirable people.

It may sound trite or maudlin, but as I feel compassion over the various deaths brought to my attention, I regularly give a moment's awareness to all the folks who die every day in every way all over the globe without much if any public notice or recognition.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make is the death of the most decorated Soldier since Audie Murphy( he may be more decorated than Audie Murphy) receives zero coverage from the MSM...why? Did you know his MOH presentation was not covered by the MSM in the 70s, I just don't get it:(

There is definitely NO need to say sorry or anything that's just a personal pet peeve I have and I appreciate you bring the story to my attention.

Probably because he earned it on a mission into Cambodia. We didn't even acknowledge those missions happened I believe.

It may sound trite or maudlin, but as I feel compassion over the various deaths brought to my attention, I regularly give a moment's awareness to all the folks who die every day in every way all over the globe without much if any public notice or recognition.

Well done, this is basic gratitude for being granted another gracious day to breathe and enjoy being alive, with distinction for those that didn't wake up today or tomorrow. from this act all true positive feelings (happiness, contentment, joy, peace, serenity, and love are nurtured). Rip Col. Howard, give my regards to my father when you get to Arlington.

Archived