Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Haynesworth, Jacobs Fined By NFL

seriously

http://wjz.com/wireapsportsmd/Washington.DT.Haynesworth.2.1390242.html

Thanks to Bubba posting this, I am now angry...

Just another example of the league hating this team!!! I mean, how does Jacobs yanking Hall's mask and punching him, then his teammates JUMPING Hall get Jacobs anything short of a suspension? Then to top it off, you fine Haynesworth MORE for sticking up for his teammate who didn't even do anything to cause the fight?

if you read the article, it says, "Haynesworth struck Jacobs after a play ended and Jacobs struck back."

um... that is not AT ALL what happened. i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here. jacobs was grabbing facemasks and punching multiple people. haynesworth was hitting people, yes, but with open hands. jacobs was closed-fist PUNCHING folks, and he doesn't even get flagged. then, with all sorts of replays, the NFL decides to fine him... THE SAME AS HAYNESWORTH?!?! and not suspend him???

BGUYBRWLUIWEHFLIWEUFHEIWUPEWUHBVLEWUBVLIWUEBVDBCKGHAXVCYTGOEYBVBJX JGSVUYEFGOEFBKJDHBAGSVUEYFGOEYHBKCGXVJYSTCVISFUHLFH!

*gasp gasp* sorry for that, it's just... it's crazy. didn't brandon jacobs say he'd retire if his 2009 stats weren't any better than he ended 2008? i really hope he sticks to that. seriously, **** that guy.

Jacobs is quickly becoming my most hated player of all our rival teams. The guy is pure trash. He's also ardently lowering my opinion of the Giants in general.

"I guess they did it, but that was expected," Jacobs said of the fines.

So it was expected. Jacobs expected to get fined for fighting, as if he knew exactly what he was doing and continued to fight. These comments show to me that there was clear malicious intent on the part of Jacobs. Not to mention the lack of respect for the league's conduct guidelines.

Just to inform you. Goodell (he's suppose to say he's neutral of course) and his family are Redskins fans.
link?

I don't believe this at all.

I'm friends with a relative of his.

Been to his brother's house, where they have Redskins items all over (like most of us fans do)

Yeah, I'm with Boss Hogg on this one, I don't believe this at all. Aside from the fact that the League always has it out for us when it comes to officiating, it seems anyway, I would not want ANY Commissioner to be a fan of any particular team in the Leagues they run. I don't like the fact that Gary Bettman is a fan of Pittsburgh & is terribly good friends with Mario Lepew.

I think it is bad form for a Commissioner to be a fan of anyone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4771063

Jacobs fined $7,500, Haynesworth $10K

By Adam Schefter

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs was fined $7,500 and Redskins' defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth $10,000 for their altercation in the fourth quarter of the Giants' 45-12 win over Washington on Monday night.

Jacobs' fine was for unnecessary roughness, Haynesworth's for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The altercation came after a play on which Giants QB Eli Manning was sacked. After the whistle had blown, Jacobs tangled with DeAngelo Hall and appeared to throw a punch before teammates stepped in. Haynesworth entered the fray, and Jacobs appeared to throw another punch. Haynesworth responded by throwing a punch of his own, one that landed hard.

http://wjz.com/wireapsportsmd/Washington.DT.Haynesworth.2.1390242.html

Thanks to Bubba posting this, I am now angry...

Just another example of the league hating this team!!! I mean, how does Jacobs yanking Hall's mask and punching him, then his teammates JUMPING Hall get Jacobs anything short of a suspension? Then to top it off, you fine Haynesworth MORE for sticking up for his teammate who didn't even do anything to cause the fight?

Get used to it. For some reason the league and the on-field officials have it out for the Redskins. Why they would want to turn a large and affluent fanbase off to the pro game is beyond me. The evidence from the last few seasons for my assertion abounds. When was the last time that a critical, close replay went the Redskins way? The 1990 wild card game in Philadelphia when a Byner fumble was ruled down by contact? I am having a hard time thinking of one since then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4771063

After the whistle had blown, Jacobs tangled with DeAngelo Hall and appeared to throw a punch before teammates stepped in. Haynesworth entered the fray, and Jacobs appeared to throw another punch. Haynesworth responded by throwing a punch of his own, one that landed hard.

well **** me ****ways with a **** foot ****, apparently Haynesworth is some kind of ubermensch that is capable of punching people with the palm of his OPEN ****ING HAND!!!

on an unrelated note, i'm really enjoying the versatility of **** instead of actual cursing.

well **** me ****ways with a **** foot ****, apparently Haynesworth is some kind of ubermensch that is capable of punching people with the palm of his OPEN ****ING HAND!!!

Maybe the Caps should sign him as an enforcer. "Back off of Ovie or I will ***** slap you!" ;)

on an unrelated note, i'm really enjoying the versatility of **** instead of actual cursing.

I was reading thru your post thinking, "well now which **** is which?" lol

Jacobs is quickly becoming my most hated player of all our rival teams. The guy is pure trash. He's also ardently lowering my opinion of the Giants in general.

So it was expected. Jacobs expected to get fined for fighting, as if he knew exactly what he was doing and continued to fight. These comments show to me that there was clear malicious intent on the part of Jacobs. Not to mention the lack of respect for the league's conduct guidelines.

Welcome to my world in the northeast!!! Pos!!! Midget fans still made up excuses for this action!!!!

Come on!!! He started it all and he threw a punch. I mean if someone else started it ok fine, but

He's guilty all the way around!

Boomer & eric cartman in the mourning here in ny were all saying how the nfl should fine and suspend him!!

Cartamn is a jet fan and boomer is from li and ex jet qb.

This is sickening!!!

Who didn't expect this?

Seriously, if you guys saw the list of fines week in and week out and what they're for, you'd spit your coffee all over the floor. You'd wonder how anyone can afford to play defense at all in the NFL.

Jacobs didn't get flagged because they ALWAYS SEE THE SECOND PUNCH.

~Bang

Get used to it. For some reason the league and the on-field officials have it out for the Redskins. Why they would want to turn a large and affluent fanbase off to the pro game is beyond me. The evidence from the last few seasons for my assertion abounds. When was the last time that a critical, close replay went the Redskins way? The 1990 wild card game in Philadelphia when a Byner fumble was ruled down by contact? I am having a hard time thinking of one since then.

You know what I'm starting to believe this!!! No way in f****** hell is this coincidental!

1st last drive for the cowgirls a missed flag 3 off lineman downfield,!! I mean 3 not 1 3 like almost the whole

O--line!!!!

2nd against the philly chickens! Missed personal foul!!! Hit to the head! Helmet to helmet on qb!!! A qb!!

You can't breathe next o brady and not get a flag! And campbell gets hit and suffers a concussion!!!

I mean come on!! Even fox comentators were like omg! How can they miss that!!!

3rd time! This punching crap by jacobs! And missed personal foul! I mean he had halls helmet twisted upside down and made hall contort his head!!!

That alone is a no no and deserves to get him kicked out and fined!!!!

How can a guy like richie incognito get personal fouls for helmet to helmet crap,

but all this stuff goes unnoticed!!!!

These is as much justice here as the damn crap healthcare bill that passed today when all of america is against that big earmark!

Archived