Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So is the pending Hiring of Shanny Snyders doing?

BleedinBurgNGold

I have been reading reports that Snyder has told Bruce Allen that he will step back and allow him to make the Football decisions. But it seems that Snyder is the one that wants Shannahan. Sooooo.... Does Snyder step back AFTER he hires Shanny or is he really stepping back at all? Seems he was moving in the right direction by hiring Allen and giving him control. Question is when does that start?

Hail

Here's what I've interpreted from the situation (I think most will concur):

Snyder brought in Bruce Allen in large part because Shanahan had already said he would like to work with Bruce Allen as his GM, and Snyder and Allen agreed they would go for Shanahan as the head coach. So since Snyder and Allen are on the same page there, Snyder has essentially already stepped back.

TastesLikeChicken-- good work on the sig!

Snyder brought in Bruce Allen in large part because Shanahan had already said he would like to work with Bruce Allen as his GM, and Snyder and Allen agreed they would go for Shanahan as the head coach. So since Snyder and Allen are on the same page there, Snyder has essentially already stepped back.

How does that equal Snyder stepping back?

I'm sure Snyder and Allen are on the same page with who they want to hire as the next head coach ...but im sure...one of the conditions with the Allen/Shanny hire is for Snyder to ride the box and step the F out of the way...now the question will be...will Shanny come here...I've read rumors that the Bears would really like Shanny and vice versa ...but what I really think it comes down too...who will give the job to Shannys son after Shanny decides to step down...so Shanny will want to be with a team who will keep him and his coaching staff for the haul so to speak...than hand the keys to his son so to speak...after he is ready to step aside...so ...what owner will give that too shanny? Snyder?

Actually this shows that Snyder hasn't stepped back and still has influence on team decisions. Everyone knows Snyder has had a hard-on for Shanahan since Gibbs left. He brought in Allen and right from the get-go Allen is influenced and is being pushed to get Shanahan. It's obvious.

To me, this has the beginnings for more of the same ol Snyder. If Snyder is sitting at the Redskins table on draft day, it's a sign that he is very much still involved in crafting this roster, and the only difference is that this time around his sidekick has better credentials.

Agreed, that would suck royally.

I don't give a **** HOW or IN WHAT ORDER Allen and Shanny/Gruden get here, as long as they get here and Cerrato and Mr. Medium are bagging groceries at Giant.

im just trying to figure out why people here want gruden. dude is a mook. he inherited a super bowl team that dungy built.

F chucky please do not bring him here!!!

Archived