Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Statement From Owner Daniel M. Snyder On The Passing Of George Michael

Mark The Homer

STATEMENT FROM WASHINGTON REDSKINS OWNER DANIEL M. SNYDER

ON THE PASSING OF GEORGE MICHAEL

"George was the consummate reporter and a valuable friend. I doubt we'll ever again see a sports reporter who was so admired by the people he covered. He loved his family, he loved sports, and he loved his work. His wife Pat and the rest of his family are in my prayers, and in the thoughts of the entire Redskins organization."

Well, what else do you expect Snyder to say? LOL he isn't evil and cold hearted.. wait, Where is John riggins? kidding.

Snyder said the right thing and rightfully so. George Michael was one of the best at what he did and he really cared about not jus tthe redskins but all DC teams.

too bad Snyder just freaking sucks as an owner. but he did let cerrato go so that might give me some hope on snyder making more right moves inthe future.

Well, what else do you expect Snyder to say? LOL he isn't evil and cold hearted.. wait, Where is John riggins? kidding.

Snyder said the right thing and rightfully so. George Michael was one of the best at what he did and he really cared about not jus tthe redskins but all DC teams.

too bad Snyder just freaking sucks as an owner. but he did let cerrato go so that might give me some hope on snyder making more right moves inthe future.

Agreed with Jimster, wrong place wrong time bro.

As much as us fans (myself included) always give Snyder, it's incredibly hard for me to believe he has a "dark heart" like Riggins said. Sure, the man always makes questionable decisions for the team, but I think (I don't know him personally, so it's hard to say) that he comes across as genuine as a human being with his emotions. It's hard to judge things like this, but I think Dan Snyder the person isn't a bad guy. Just an owner who's made too much bad decisions for our football team.

As a kid growing up in the DC area, I had 202-362-4444 etched into my brain. Calling George Michael's Sports Machine hotline was the only way to get up-to-the-minute sports scores, back before the internet.

I'd be glued to Channel 4 News each weeknight at 6:35, soaking up every piece of Redskins news that he could give me. He will be missed.

Great idea to put him in the Ring of Fame at FedEx, too.

Archived