Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Rodgers Thread

21cents

For the zillionth time on these boards, or there about's, ty once more to the fricking Packers for nicking him one spot above us at 24 in 2005.

I spent that '05 draft getting more and more excited that he'd fall into our laps, after he was projected as a potential top pick. Even given the rumours about Gibbs wanting Campbell, I felt sure we wouldn't pass on him after a stellar career at Cal. And then the God darn Packers struck, and left us with 5 wasted, and very expensive years from the position.

Ty for reminding me all over again 21cents. :mad:. (And I agree man, he's got the lot. To follow a legend like Favre up there and do what he's done speaks volumes on the kid.).

Hail.

What about his 4000 yards and 28 TDs last year?

If only "easy" teams gave up yards and TDs to Campbell like they do to Rodgers ;)

his stats this year are FAAAAAR better than last year.

well as it turned out they weren't easy teams for the skins. they were even matches. the packers have been steamrolling the trash. with lots of his td's coming when the game is over.

In 2005, Redskins made the trade for #25 pick BEFORE the draft. I guess the FO never thought Rodgers could have been around in 20's.

If Redskins had tried to traded back in first round DURING the draft, they could have definitely leaped before Packers and grabbed Rodgers.

if he learns to throw the ball away he would be a top 3 qb.

I'll take a sack over an interception. There's a reason we have have the best net-turnover number in the league. He won't force a pass that isn't there just because the defense is bearing down on him

his stats this year are FAAAAAR better than last year.

well as it turned out they weren't easy teams for the skins. they were even matches. the packers have been steamrolling the trash. with lots of his td's coming when the game is over.

His stats last year were nothing to scoff at, and he accomplished them with an injured throwing shoulder for several weeks.

Revisionist history.

I'm a big Rodgers supporter, but had he been available, Gibbs would have still picked JC.

Rodgers was sliding in the draft because he was a Junior and only really started one full year at Cal...having been a JC transfer.

And, without those three years on the bench in one system, it's difficult to say how he'd have performed immediately.

Right now, he has the best potential for a great five year stretch than any other qb in the NFL.

Bookmark it.

;)

Rodgers also greatly benefited from sitting/learning on the bench for three years.

If you are a gifted QB and somehow drafted by a good organization, your success rate goes way up (See Rodgers, big Ben, Cutler in Denver, Rivers). The QB busts tend to be the ones drafted by bad organizations.

Why are you talking about Romo sits to pee when this thread is about Aaron Rodgers?

no idea what you're talking about bro. this is an aaron rodgers thread. if you're talking about the giants and chargers games. they came within an onside kick of overtime. please, please learn the game of football before posting. thanks.

Rodgers also greatly benefited from sitting/learning on the bench for three years.

If you are a gifted QB and somehow drafted by a good organization, your success rate goes way up (See Rodgers, big Ben, Cutler in Denver, Rivers). The QB busts tend to be the ones drafted by bad organizations.

It's well-known that Favre didn't go out of his way to help Rodgers, so it was self-taught. What about Green bay makes it so great the last several years? What NFC Title games and Super Bowls has it been to? What makes it good other than your theory about QB development depends on it?

As for Rivers--lol. He sat for a year, right? He was a great college QB who was an obvious hit for a team not nitpicking release points.

Big Ben started as a rookie and went 15-1. Sure, good organization but come on. 15-1 after the previous year's bad play is not "good organization."

Same thing with Brady---good organization or did the organization build it's continuity and strength around a QB?

It doesn't mean we would have taken him.

This is the Redskins Front Office, remember ?

Don't blame them, blame Gibbs.

Shoulda drafted Rodgers with the 9th pick and had done with it. Rodgers is a good player. The time sitting was just because Favre was a legend of the game, not because he needed it.

Archived