Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley @ Psgamegear

Slingin33

Just got this email. He has been here alot:

Back for a second night in a row, by popular demand....Chris Cooley will be at PSGameGear Sports this evening Wednesday December 23rd starting at 6:30pm to sign autographs for any customers that need a last minute personalized item! We have photos, helmets, jerseys and footballs available! The Autograph Fee is $65.00 per item and Chris will stay until at least 8:30pm! Don't forget your camera for the photo op!

PSGameGear Sports Staff & Chris Cooley

I know that PS does a lot of stuff with Chris Cooley. At all the signings at the CSA they say Chris Cooley brought to you by PSgamegear. I know that there are a lot of players who have exclusivity with these stores. Sucks because for the hometown team, they charge you an arm and a leg to get autographs.

I know that he has been steady at $60 over the last several years. Joe T still does other signings through other sponsors for free, though (for example, Darcars).

Theisman is an all-time Redskins great. $60 for him is reasonable. I like Cooley, but he is not on Theisman's level. I'm surprised that people are still buying at $65. The $35 price 2 years ago was more reasonable for a player of his caliber. To me, it seems like he has become more of a local celeb than a football player, and that is what is fueling his auto price.

Hopefully he comes back 100%, does a better job of holding the ball, and starts to justify that price.

Yea, wasn't Joe T in the $25-$30 range before he signed his exclusive?

Honestly, I don't know about what deals were prior to exclusivity with players. I know that Theismann has a deal with Sportscard heroes and Cooley has a deal with PSgamegear. I know that a lot of the current players have deals with PSgamegear and they do a lot of signings and what not there, but I don't reallly know what the autograph landscape was like prior to 2 years ago. I am sure that it was just as crazy as it was then, as it is now.

All the current players are outrageous for the most part and older players are somewhat reasonable, but they can be overpriced depending on who you are trying to get.

I think for instance, that while Riggins is one of my favorite Redskins of all time his price is way too expensive. I know for for a fact that it isn't just in the local markets that he charges what he does. He charges a pretty significant fee even at other shows. Just a shame because he is a hometown hero, but to charge what he does is really outrageous. I would also say the same for Sonny. I got Ken Houston's autograph for like 20-25 and he is one of a handful of safeties in the HOF. The players don't trust anyone because they think that everyone is out to screw them over.

You know that stuff is going to be on Ebay... shouldn't he get the first dibbs?

Shouldnt he devote a couple hours of his time to the fans who have paid good money to see this team fail year in and year out versus charging $65 for a 2 second pen swipe?

Thats where Im coming from. Naive? Maybe a bit. But I look at it as hopeful that these guys do the right thing versus chasing every last penny.

No clue what PS has contract wise with Chris, but I know a store I go to elsewhere in Virginia talked about getting him in.

He was told there would have to be a minimal of $10,000 with the beginning price of $60 per item, and based on what I have heard the athletes charge for CSA Shows, TriStar and others, I wonder how much is truly on the stores.

Shouldnt he devote a couple hours of his time to the fans who have paid good money to see this team fail year in and year out versus charging $65 for a 2 second pen swipe?

Thats where Im coming from. Naive? Maybe a bit. But I look at it as hopeful that these guys do the right thing versus chasing every last penny.

Not disagreeing with you on the price, but I know that when you go and get something signed you get a better signature than you would if he were at a training camp or a place where there were a lot of people asking for autographs. Most athletes like Chris will talk to you for a couple minutes or so and they typically allow pictures unless they state as much. You are really paying for the experience as well as the autograph. The one benefit that I can see from paying a flat fee is that the athlete will sign anything. Some of the older athletes will tier prices on what they will sign.

This measure is all in part because of the dealers that prowl out there and get things at training camp or other free appearances and trying to unload the autographs on the secondary market. It is unfortunate for collectors like my self who only get one autograph and like the experience of getting to meet the players and talk to them.

Not disagreeing with you on the price, but I know that when you go and get something signed you get a better signature than you would if he were at a training camp or a place where there were a lot of people asking for autographs. Most athletes like Chris will talk to you for a couple minutes or so and they typically allow pictures unless they state as much. You are really paying for the experience as well as the autograph. The one benefit that I can see from paying a flat fee is that the athlete will sign anything. Some of the older athletes will tier prices on what they will sign.

This measure is all in part because of the dealers that prowl out there and get things at training camp or other free appearances and trying to unload the autographs on the secondary market. It is unfortunate for collectors like my self who only get one autograph and like the experience of getting to meet the players and talk to them.

Well said. And because of this, it would be a great gesture for Cooley to say hey I'll come and sign for free, because our team stinks, we've got no hope and have strung you along for years with nothing but disappointment for your dollars...I'll bite the bullet and spend a couple hours shooting the **** with the fans to do my part.

It would be a nice gesture. I doubt sincerely that it would happen. Sometimes you can find free signings. I know last year that there were some players who attended the DC auto show and did some freebees. I know that Jason Campbell and ARE were there last year. I also know that Darrell Green was there, but he was only signing whatever the auto show photos were provided.

It would be a nice gesture. I doubt sincerely that it would happen. Sometimes you can find free signings. I know last year that there were some players who attended the DC auto show and did some freebees. I know that Jason Campbell and ARE were there last year. I also know that Darrell Green was there, but he was only signing whatever the auto show photos were provided.

I am sure the auto show or some sponsor paid to bring in Campbell, Green etc.

The only way of getting a true freebee is to go to the games and hang out at the entrance, go to training camp etc and hope for the best.

The only way of getting a true freebee is to go to the games and hang out at the entrance, go to training camp etc and hope for the best.

I know that it isn't free, but it doesn't cost the fan anything to get a signature. I am aware that it costs for players to come to an appearance.

If JaVale McGee got $5,000 for showing up last year, ya gotta think Campbell got a lot more.

And Green definitely is gonna get paid

Archived