Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC:Moss – Giants called out his routes

skinsdomination09

The Swinging Gate was a huge surprise.

Ha, true, but even on that one, the Giants had a chance to look at the formation, called a time out and were ready 2nd time so even the big surprise ended up predictable.

Rereading the quote -- IMO seems like what he really was trying to say:

Jim Zorn's game planning was nearly identical for this game as it was for the first Giants game, making it very easy for the Giants to deal with the Redskins offense

Tom Coughlin adeptly didn't want to make it easy on the Redskins and changed the game plan significantly from the first game so the Skins couldn't cue in as easy to their plays

I kind of believe it, but part of me thinks it's just excuse making by Moss who doesn't want to admit how much he got outplayed, outhustled, and downright neutralized.

No as a matter of fact moss also mentioned it before the game also. im sure you can find it on his interviews b4 the giants game at skins website.

Of course they knew the routes. If the QB doesn't have time to throw, all the passes will be short, and over the middle.

+1 When an OL gets its QB hit on a 3 step drop against a 4 man rush with simple end-tackle there isn't gonna be a whole heck of alot you can do with your passing game: hitch, slant, speed out, screen.

But they did seem to be one step ahead of both our defense and our offense.

I was trying to tell all you Sherman Lewis Lovers last week not to get overly excited about our recent increase in offensive production.

Opponents had no game tape to watch on Lewis' playcalling... and now that they do, our coaching staff will get countered and outsmarted. It obviously happened to Zorn in a major way, and it even happened to Gibbs 2.0.

Our current staff is very simple-minded and unfortunately there isn't much room for that in the NFL nowadays.

Yup Teams looked at Gibbs first Go round and were able to use that to make adjustment to their defense

Yeah. Plus, we don't allow Campbell to call audibles, which is just dumb.

Yeah especially in this case, assuming its true it would mean that the Giants were in perfect D alignment quite a bit in the game, but JC is stuck with the play regardless of what the D shows. We saw Eli audible out of plays in that game.

If you look back on our games with the Giants in the last several years I'd swear they know what we're running 75% of the tiime.

Knowing reciever routes and being in the right gap, and line assignments almost on every play has stood out to me anyway.

I mean even go back to the LT days they look like they know exactly where the ball is going.

Last night they were going to beat us bad no matter what but it sure is spooky how they just happen to show up at the right spot and there line and LB's always seem to have the right call.

Dan :helmet:

Coughlin had several friends at the Bingo hall.

Hahahaha!

If you look back on our games with the Giants in the last several years I'd swear they know what we're running 75% of the tiime.

Knowing reciever routes and being in the right gap, and line assignments almost on every play has stood out to me anyway.

I mean even go back to the LT days they look like they know exactly where the ball is going.

Last night they were going to beat us bad no matter what but it sure is spooky how they just happen to show up at the right spot and there line and LB's always seem to have the right call.

Dan :helmet:

This.

Man they, just have our number and that was a perfect storm of fail for us.

**** team with a **** coach and nothing to play for versus a team that is basically in a playoff game.

No contest.

+1 When an OL gets its QB hit on a 3 step drop against a 4 man rush with simple end-tackle there isn't gonna be a whole heck of alot you can do with your passing game: hitch, slant, speed out, screen.

But they did seem to be one step ahead of both our defense and our offense.

You're right, all you can do is quick short passes and there are only so many. This all comes down to the Oline and coaching. It will be a process for the Skins to get back to playing winning football. Hopefully, with the hiring of Bruce Allen, snyder stepping back and a new coach it will begin the process.

This crap happens almost every season. I mean are we that predictable? Why can't we, on defense, call other teams routes!! geez man!

Dude, Blache has a system and isn't going to change it. They either play into it or they don't. Forget about adjustments...

Archived