Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNC:California Official Orders Removal of Christmas Angel After Complaint

ljs

and so it begins this year. I have an idea- lets just pretent Christmas doesn't exist. That way we won't offend anyone. Everyone can work that day- no Christmas trees anywhere except your home- nothing anywhere that mentions the holiday b/c God forbid we offend one measley old grumpy marine. Nadda, nothing, zip, zilch. From now on- if people want to celebrate a holiday- they can do it all on their own.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580959,00.html?test=latestnews

click link for entire article

There's no place for angels atop Christmas trees, according to one California man who successfully lobbied for the removal of religious symbols at county buildings after spotting a yuletide decoration last week.

Stars and other religious emblems were ordered removed from Christmas trees2_bing.gif in all government buildings in Sonoma County on Monday following a complaint by Irv Sutley, a disabled 65-year-old Marine veteran who said the symbols were "extremely offensive" and part of the "cult" of Christianity.

"I just don't believe government has the right to intrude on anyone and force them into sectarian behavior," Sutley told FoxNews.com2_bing.gif. "I've opposed Buddhist statues, the star of David — anything of a religious

Intrude? Then don't ****ing look at it. No one is shoving the Christmas tree up your ass, although that might do him some good. Seriously though- Non Christmas people are that damn offended?? Get over it.

oh, and here is that damn evil cult angel....

0_61_angel_320.jpg

and so it begins this year. I have an idea- lets just pretent Christmas doesn't exist. That way we won't offend anyone. Everyone can work that day- no Christmas trees anywhere except your home- nothing anywhere that mentions the holiday b/c God forbid we offend one measley old grumpy marine. Nadda, nothing, zip, zilch. From now on- if people want to celebrate a holiday- they can do it all on their own.

I have an idea - let's invent fictional boogymen so we can all get puffed up in mock outrage and pretend that we're being attacked.

And while we're at it, let's invent a fictional motive to assign to this boogyman. That way, we can pretend that we don't know what the rule that we've been caught breaking every year for the last 50 actually is.

yeah- if they want to be consistent, then just fight to remove Christmas from everything public. then they will be happy. I'll do my thing, they can do theirs. I'm tired of walking on eggshells with the holidays. Fine if you dont' celebrate, but you really gotta act like a jerk about it? No one is forcing anything, its just a damn decoration.

I have an idea - let's invent fictional boogymen so we can all get puffed up in mock outrage and pretend that we're being attacked.

And while we're at it, let's invent a fictional motive to assign to this boogyman. That way, we can pretend that we don't know what the rule that we've been caught breaking every year for the last 50 actually is.

then you can be the first to petition the White house, who buy the way had a CHRISTMAS special last night- to NOT spend money on a Christmas tree. And= how about we tell the Obama's that since they are in a government house- they are not allowed to celebrate any religious activity including Christmas.

I'm not saying there is some war on Christmas, but if you get your panties in a bunch over a damn Tree decoration- you need to get a life.

by the way- there is no such thing as mock outrage. You are either upset about something or you aren't. Its a stupid and over used line.

Christmas lost its religous meaning long ago. Its all about Santa, Reindeer and Snowmen now.

I worked at a company that during the holidays they would have christmas music as hold music.

One of the jewish workers found it offensive and we had to change it to Sinatra. Not a bad trade off, but still ridiculous.

New law, if you want to ***** about Christmas, but don't complain about getting the day off work, everybody within earshot gets to punch you in the face. If the Pizza Hut I work at was bought by an orthodox Jew and he decided to close the restaurant for Chanukah, I wouldn't complain one bit about him "forcing his religion" on me.

So to be fair, government employees no longer get Christmas, New Year's Eve/Day (after all, our calendar is based on the RCC calender), and Easter off.

yeah- if they want to be consistent, then just fight to remove Christmas from everything public.

If by "public" you mean "government", then you're getting close.

But then, you knew that. This whole "banning Christmas except in your home" is just the shtick, isn't it? It's like the guy who's been caught by the red light camera 40 times, complaining about the camera.

----------

then you can be the first to petition the White house, who buy the way had a CHRISTMAS special last night- to NOT spend money on a Christmas tree. And= how about we tell the Obama's that since they are in a government house- they are not allowed to celebrate any religious activity including Christmas.

People who live in government housing still have freedom of religion. They just aren't allowed to spend taxpayer money on it.

(Although I do have to wonder why nobody's gone after the National Christmas Tree. Even if (as I suspect) it's completely funded by private donations, I'd still expect somebody to object to it's placement of it's "National" name or something.)

(We know that there's got to be at least one person somewhere in the country that's a big enough jerk.)

by the way- there is no such thing as mock outrage. You are either upset about something or you aren't. Its a stupid and over used line.

Sure there is. Thousands of people do it when they get caught having government endorse their religion, and they complain that there's a vast conspiracy against them.

Just like this one, lone jerk did it when he claimed that he was offended.

Couple of things...

1. I watched the Christmas Special at the White House on tv and felt great about our president again.

2. I watched a documentary last night night called "The Christmas Truce". WW I, British forces vs German forces put down their arms one night and began singing christmas carols in the dead of night. By day break, one german soldier crossed the field with a decorated xmas tree for the british. At first it was ackward. But eventually, the two sides met in the middle of the battle field, shook hands and enjoyed the day together. It was breath taking and beautiful.

Intrude? Then don't ****ing look at it. No one is shoving the Christmas tree up your ass, although that might do him some good. Seriously though- Non Christmas people are that damn offended?? Get over it.

You understand, of course, that the rule about not endorsing religion only applies to actions by the Government, not by any persons or businesses or anything else. Someone like this guy might be a bit too zealous about it, but in general, its a pretty easy rule to follow.

I say this as I'm looking out my office window at the official San Francisco Chrsitmas tree.

You understand, of course, that the rule about not endorsing religion only applies to actions by the Government, not by any persons or businesses or anything else. Someone like this guy might be a bit too zealous about it, but in general, its a pretty easy rule to follow.

I say this as I'm looking out my office window at the official San Francisco Chrsitmas tree.

Right, so in other words, the White house, the SF city government should not be putting up Christmas trees.

I think he's an idiot for getting pissed about one decoration (or one kind). If he really wants them to not celebrate it- then the entire tree should be removed along with any and all items pertaining to Christmas- Its like going into a boxing match and then just poking the person with your finger, and not really punching them.

Here is what I suggest, a great article from CNN that speaks about people who are not Christains, and how they deal with the Christmas season.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/12/23/december.dilemma/index.html

Right, so in other words, the White house, the SF city government should not be putting up Christmas trees.

Nope. Christmas trees are fine, as long as the government doesn't get too overt about endorsing the religion, there rarely are any problems.

I think he's an idiot for getting pissed about one decoration (or one kind). If he really wants them to not celebrate it- then the entire tree should be removed along with any and all items pertaining to Christmas- Its like going into a boxing match and then just poking the person with your finger, and not really punching them.

Of course he's an idiot for getting pissed about one decoration.

And other people are silly for thinking that it is a big deal, or shows that Christmas is under attack, or whatever. A crank made a cranky demand, the county didn't want to fight it, so they took off the little decoration and left up the tree. Big deal.

Why do you think this is a big national story on the Fox News Channel? I'll give you a hint: the first line of your original post was "and so it begins this year..." followed by some deep seated outrage. Fox hunts for stories like this. They are playing you like a fiddle.

"and so it begins"...yes it does, every year, and we are of to a good roll in the thread already...so... :evilg:

I say “Bull****” unto you Christian Christmas whiners. :D

Seriously, I'm not a Christian but I enjoy and spread real Christmas-y words & deeds (and I always have) just as if I were, minus some of the hard-religious activity (no Midnight Mass).

And per usual, the whole ****ing social reality will be plenty full of all kinds of "Christian Christmas" stuff everywhere. Really, get the **** over yourselves and your little "War on Christmas" crap and count yourselves lucky you're this vast majority religion in a free society.

The "oppressed Christian routine" is even more pathetic than the "oppressed whitey" shtick. And yes, I know there are "some" actual issues but Holy Mother of God :halo: (I was "raised" Catholic which is almost like Christian for many of you :silly:) so much of that whole shtick is sadly lame. Are there intrusions made or attempted by others into your special preserve? Yeh. Do you try to make or attempt your own into that of others? Hell yes.

But you still are like King Kong among spider monkeys in terms of your cultural presence religion-wise. So quit your damn whining (but don't become doormats either :D ).

And I say this loving Christians, respecting Christianity, and living in alignment with many of it's chosen tenets and teachings. Of course, that comment could pretty much apply to other religious/spiritual belief systems, too.

Seriously, Merry Christmas. :cool2:

gremlins_stripe_santa.gif

This is great. We are talking about this stuff, discussing beliefs and values, applying our laws and founding documents. This is not the end of the world, this is the way our country is supposed to work.

So says the commie pinko shintoist

:D

Archived