Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Was Your Concert of the Year (Favorite/Best/Whatever)?

ACW

Use whatever criteria you want. For me it was the following:

-U2 @ FedEx Field. Say what you want about their politics, but they can put on a SHOW. Muse, the opener, put on a badass show themselves.

-Disturbed/Killswitch Engage/Lacuna Coil/some band I forgot @ 1st Mariner Arena (thanks again for the ride 1215 :cheers: )Just badass smiley-faces-84.gif

Honorable mentions to Billy Joel/Elton John @ Nationals Stadium and Trans-Siberian Orchestra @ Verizon.

Hootie and the Blowfish- Wolftrap

Love that you can bring your own beer/food. Darius Rucker has a great voice.

Haven't been to a rock concert this past year.

But my favorite from past years was Breaking Benjamin 9:30 club

Also Finger Eleven, Smile Empty Soul and Trapt at 9:30 club

Cookoff was pretty fun (chicks flashing the crowd=win), but the sun was in my eyes the whole damn day, so I left during Shinedown :mad:

There are these things they invented called sunglasses. The way they work is you put them on your head over your eyes and these "lenses" block out UV radiation and lessen the effects of the sun on your eyes. Either that or you drink this magical potion called beer until you dont care any more!

lol No we end up having to leave early just about every year because my sister in law starts complaining about the heat or being tired. She has a heart condition so we have to leave when she wants to. Oh well its still a blast every time we go!

Wilco @ Ohio University. They're a not-so obscure Alt-country band with a strong following. Bunch of great musicians. It was a small college auditorium, not a bad seat in the house and they just rocked the place.Kickass guitar solos, to boot.

check out at the 4:38 mark for aforementioned guitar solo (not concert footage).

Phish @ the Gorge; both nights.

Sean Hayes at a house in Bellingham, WA.

Gregory Alan Isakov at a different house in Bellingham, WA.

Both Sean Hayes and Gregory Alan Isakov are AMAZING singer/songwriters. If you're into that kinda music and you're not familiar with them, be sure to check them out. You will be glad that you did!

I don't go to many concerts, but went to the TSO concert at Verizon Center, which was enjoyable for the most part.

I used to go to the DC101 Chili Cookoff, went for 4-5 years in a row at one point, but it lost it's appeal as I got older. Too many people drinking, starting fights, throwing trash and/or vomiting on the ground, etc. It got to the point where I was more interested in the girls flashing the crowd than the music.

This year? Believe it or not, The Allman Bros. Band. Between Derek Trucks playing the slide guitar from hell and a Sober Greg Allman singing about as well as he did in the 70's, it was unbelievable.

I believe it. The Allmans current lineup is amazing. Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes are two of the best guitar players around. The last Allman Bros album, Hittin' the Note, is fantastic.

Bo Burnham in San Francisco. I'll count it as a concert...funny songs.

As for "real" shows, Green Day at Verizon was great. Im not really fan of a lot of their new music, but oh boy is Billie Joe a showman. He was made to be in front of people.

Poco, Pure Prairie League, and Firefall did a show at my college, and so did Ben Folds. That was great. Ben Folds came into a bar/grill after the show and bought drinks for everyone. What a great guy.

Archived