Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

espn.com:Poll -Brighter Future Brady Quinn or JC

Cruemans

Failed hard? He out produced half the league.

Look at it this way. Go look at the stats of the "great" rookies this season. Compare them so you can understand what to expect if we go that route. Go look at Matt Ryan's stats who I'm sure everyone thinks is so much greater. It's easy to blame the QB but frankly skins fans don't understand that if a QB throws for 250 yards and a TD at a 64% clip he's done his part. If the team still loses some other aspect failed hard.

thats embarrassing dude. campbell is a 1st round failure, plain and simple, and the only guys hes "outperformed" are younger guys or guys that have been injured. this is why so many people want to keep campbell, your expectations for a QB are so low youre at the bottom of the ocean. a 16 TD season is not impressive. 4000 yards is. campbell has never even come close to 4000 yards, and 16 TD is about what hes capable of, this year hes got 2 more than that, and hes top 5 in the league in interceptions.

you should be able to count on your QB for 2-3 TDs per game. and offense should be able to score 25 points per game. with campbell the offense is good for about 16-18.

you should be able to count on your QB for 2-3 TDs per game. and offense should be able to score 25 points per game. with campbell the offense is good for about 16-18.

2-3 TD's per game? That's 32-48 TD's per season. The high end of which is 2 TD's shy of the all time record (50). Only two players are likely to finish the season with over your low mark of 32, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees. This is your bench mark? Well damn if that is how you set your standards good luck finding a QB to live up to it. You'd need some of the best ever to play the position to live up to that.

BTW - Peyton Manning has only thrown for 32 or more TD's in a single season (which would be an average of 2 per game) 3 times in his career. That's 3 out of 12 seasons.... and he's in the best QB ever conversation.

2-3 TD's per game? That's 32-48 TD's per season. The high end of which is 2 TD's shy of the all time record (50). Only two players are likely to finish the season with over your low mark of 32, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees. This is your bench mark? Well damn if that is how you set your standards good luck finding a QB to live up to it. You'd need some of the best ever to play the position to live up to that.

BTW - Peyton Manning has only thrown for 32 or more TD's in a single season (which would be an average of 2 per game) 3 times in his career. That's 3 out of 12 seasons.... and he's in the best QB ever conversation.

2 TDs a game is 32 a season. there are about 10 QBs who are gonna finish close to that. eli manning who everyone makes fun on this board and claims campbell is just as good as has 26 currently. jay cutler threw 25 last year. rivers, roethlisburger have both thrown 30 in a season. rodgers will surpass that this year. mcnabb has done this in the past. brees, brady, peyton have all done this. Romo sits to pee who was friggin undrafted has done this. carson palmer has done this. matt schaub could do it this year.

thats a plethora of guys capable of putting up the numbers im looking for out of a QB, yet you want a 16 TD season? this isnt 1981, QBs are expected to carry teams, not just hang out and let the RB grind the clock down.

i want a rivers, rodgers, mcnabb, palmer, roethlisburger, eli, etc. guys like this are found almost every year in the draft, theyre not peytons or brees.

03: palmer

04: rivers, eli, roethlisburger

05: rodgers

06: cutler

08: ryan, flacco (both still very young)

all of these guys are capable of throwing 25-30 TDs in a season. you act like these guys are impossible to find. they arent if a smart football person is picking players. now that weve got one its time we try to find one.

some of you are just content with a crappy QB because youre terrified of trying to find something better, so youre settling for mediocrity.

2 TDs a game is 32 a season. there are about 10 QBs who are gonna finish close to that.
Your said 2-3 per game. 32 is the bottom figure and I just gave you the stats for that. You clearly don't understand how high a number that is.
eli manning who everyone makes fun on this board and claims campbell is just as good as has 26 currently.
He's also having the best year of his entire career. That and people on this board are skins fans that routinely claim Romo sits to pee, McNabb, and Eli aren't good when the entire league realizes that people holding that opinion are just plain wrong.
jay cutler threw 25 last year.
Jay Cutler is the worst redzone QB in the NFL and without all his weapons he's shown that he's complete trash. Did you see his rating last week? Orton blew up this season... amazing what an offensive line and good wideouts can do for a QB. But yeah... it's all JC's fault in DC.

rivers, roethlisburger have both thrown 30 in a season. rodgers will surpass that this year. mcnabb has done this in the past. brees, brady, peyton have all done this. Romo sits to pee who was friggin undrafted has done this. carson palmer has done this. matt schaub could do it this year.

Rivers, did it once. In his 5th season... on a playoff team that was good before he was the starting QB.

Roethlisburger did it once. 4 of his 6 seasons he threw for 18 or less.

Rodgers may or may not reach that number and he's.. having the best year of his career.

McNabb did it once. He's thrown for less than 20, 6 out of 10 completed season.

You should be seeing a trend by now. What you are asking for on average is the best of the best. If you want the greatest QB ever just say so, but don't act like your request is reasonable.

i want a rivers, rodgers, mcnabb, palmer, roethlisburger, eli, etc. guys like this are found almost every year in the draft, theyre not peytons or brees.

And which QB in the draft is one of those? Which is the next Brady Quinn? Odds are much better you end up with someone FAR FAR FAR FAR worse than Campbell than getting something better. Considering that the rest of the offense is a big pile of trash ask yourself something: Would you know if you got a better QB if he showed up? A rookie behind an anonymous offensive line with running backs that no one has heard of and wide outs that are average... at best.

Is this really the time to go QB? Call me old fashioned but it's time to update the line and the running game. If you bring in the next franchise QB... you should have a team he can succeed with.

Only thing I'm having is a hard dose of reality.

Jason Campbell:

15th in yards 3,138

13th in average 7.4

16th in TD 18

16th in rating 87.0

14th in plays over 20 yards with 38

15th in plays over 40 yards with 7

7th in completion percentage with 64.6%

People can ***** and moan all they like but the numbers don't lie. The guy is the definition of AVERAGE quarterback. Half of the league is beneath him in terms of production on damn near every stat.

What is his win/lose record? What is his DYAR? YAR? DVOA? TD/Int-fumble ratio?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

So you want us to wait 7 more years?

I determined after the end of last season that I was done with JC. I'm just pointing out a flaw in his logic.

Quinn is horrible but has not had a lot of time to develop. JC is mediocre and has had time to develop. Both could stick around and continue to improve. Both could be out of the league tomorrow. Neither has a bright future.

Edit: Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that I wasn't done with JC after last season so much as I had determined that he had reached the end of his grace period. I was officially done with him (and Zorn) around the time we lost to Detroit.

I determined after the end of last season that I was done with JC. I'm just pointing out a flaw in his logic.

Quinn is horrible but has not had a lot of time to develop. JC is mediocre and has had time to develop. Both could stick around and continue to improve. Both could be out of the league tomorrow. Neither has a bright future.

Edit: Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that I wasn't done with JC after last season so much as I had determined that he had reached the end of his grace period. I was officially done with him (and Zorn) around the time we lost to Detroit.

I agree some guys wonder around for years and then wham it all comes together. Jason needs to change his mental speed in order to do that and a lot of guys just can't. He just can't play consistently making all the plays a good NFL QB needs to make.

Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 QB to me, atleast this year.

I don't know why people keep comparing JC to him.

Aaron Rodgers is clearly in a class much higher than Campbell.

Here is why

2005 Draft

24 Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers Quarterback California

25 Washington Redskins (from Denver) Jason Campbell Quarterback Auburn

What a diff 1 picking position can make!

Here is why

2005 Draft

24 Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers Quarterback California

25 Washington Redskins (from Denver) Jason Campbell Quarterback Auburn

What a diff 1 picking position can make!

It's not like we passed over Rodgers for Campbell.

Rodgers was off the board.... If we were to have had selected Campbell before Rodgers was off the board, then yes the comparison would make sense.

A lot of folks won't be satisfied until we have a player the caliber of Peyton. Which will never happen. The problem with our fans is that they expect our QB to be a perennial pro-bowler... not gonna happen.

Rodgers was off the board.... If we were to have had selected Campbell before Rodgers was off the board, then yes the comparison would make sense.

Dude, read over what you just wrote.

It looks like you're saying that a comparison between two players selected back to back can't be made. :doh:

If this was an evaluation of our ex-Front Office, then yes the comparison would be somewhat shaky. Though I think Gibbs had targeted Candle instead of Rodgers, maybe they knew someone else would get Rodgers first.

But this is a comparison between two players selected at just about the same place in the draft!

If you're trying to make some other, non-stupid point, could you make yourself clearer?

I think my question here is: if we don't draft Bradford/Clausen/whoever, but do decide to upgrade the OL would you, honestly, trade Campbell straight up for Brady Quinn? Keeping in mind that Quinn is already behind a pretty good line in Cleveland and is still putting up awful numbers. Could he turn around and end up a stud? Perhaps. But it is just as possible that he will continue to be horrible. We know what we have in Campbell. An overall average QB who can play quite well when he gets some decent protection. So do you upgrade your OL and give up a guy who is a known commodity for a guy who has played very poorly up to this point just because you hope he will stop being crappy?

Folks on this forum have been comparing the two QB's for the past year or so as if we selected Campbell over Rodgers.

I just don't see what everyone's fascination with Rodgers is.

We had two picks in that draft. if we were hot after a qb, we could have had Rodgers and not Rogers!!! Think, man.

But I don't think Gibbs would have selected Rodgers if he hadn't been off the board. Gibbs was clearly targeting JC. He had visited him in Auburn a couple of days before the draft.

We had two picks in that draft. if we were hot after a qb, we could have had Rodgers and not Rogers!!! Think, man.

We went into that draft all but set on picking up a CB... The debate for like a week or two before the draft was who we were going to grab or who was going to fall to us between Rogers, Pacman, and Rolle....

The following is just my speculation based on a lot of different things I've read since that draft... I think we went in with the plan of selecting JC in the 2nd round. When Rodgers started slipping we more than likely moved up to try and steal Rodgers... Broncos were the highest we could go with what we had to offer so we traded with them and hoped GNB or another team would allow Rodgers to keep falling. GNB selected Rodgers so we stayed in the 1st round and took our initial target anyway in Campbell.... Only difference is we wasted picks in an effort to steal Rodgers. I honestly don't see any other logic in the Redskins trading up to get a guy who was expected to be there in the 2nd.... unless they suspected another team was going to make a move...

Just my speculation....

But I don't think Gibbs would have selected Rodgers if he hadn't been off the board. Gibbs was clearly targeting JC. He had visited him in Auburn a couple of days before the draft.

Yea... no doubt Campbell was Gibbs guy 100%...

However I think if Gibbs would have had a projected Top 10 pick fall to his lap that he would have had no choice but to take him.... just my opinion....

yes, with a good rb, and decent position players i dont see why that wouldnt be a good fit for campbell

you guys saying campbell is the worst qb ever is ridiculous

i never thought campbell was a pro bowler but i dont think he is bad either...campbell has taken a beating all year and still shows up. that's more than i can say for most of the redskins. I don't think he was ever put in a good position with washington and it sucks for him.

No, this post isn't saying he is peyton manning or anything like that but given the right situation i don't see why not. The niners have a pretty legitimate, young nucleus that I could see him succeed in

I support JC 100%, that was a legitimate question. I really can't tell when someone is being sarcastic on these boards when it comes to JC.

Rogers was also on a 13-3 team which he took over and went 6-10 . Campbells team was and is held together with sticky tape and good will .

but when Jason went down the old man picked them up and went to the playoffs just like the other so called old man left with Aaron.

Archived