Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Morton now listed at #2

jbooma

I don't know if anyone else saw this on the WP the other day but now by default Chad Morton is our #2 RB behind Trung. It seems as if Trung is just impressing the coachs very much and Morton is amazing. Betts and Watson haven't done much since they are both injured.

The WP rating story is such garbage. It's just a nifty plug in the train camp updates. Let's all hope Betts and KW get better quick because we need the depth back there.

For all who haven't seen Morton, what a great pickup. I hope he keeps this up all year.

Originally posted by DIESEL TROLL

I just wonder if Morton could play TE.....;) ?

:doh: :doh:

My bet's on Betts. I know what SS says, but I am still hopeful that we can indeed keep 4 backs - I wouldn't be happy about the idea of getting rid of Watson either. IMHO, I think we will wind up needing them both towards the end of the season.

Betts has been out all of camp with a sprained elbow...

Watson is back after sitting one day due to a sprained KNEE.

I'm worried about Betts's ability to stay healthy, and Watson looks like a Bulldozer to me, a guy that can be a goalline back.

Betts better get healthy soon if he wants to beat Watson.

I feel terrible for Betts. He really needed a solid camp -- he could compete to be the starter. But every day he misses slides him further back.

I kinda doubt that he actually could have won the starting job, but the Skins need help in the backfield to push Trung.

Originally posted by Even Madder

I feel terrible for Betts. He really needed a solid camp -- he could compete to be the starter. But every day he misses slides him further back.

I kinda doubt that he actually could have won the starting job, but the Skins need help in the backfield to push Trung.

Same, even if I was pulling for Kenny, I still like Betts and wanted to see him compete.

It seems that Canidate is getting pushed enough by both Watson and Morton, who have also been impressive in camp.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

Same, even if I was pulling for Kenny, I still like Betts and wanted to see him compete.

It seems that Canidate is getting pushed enough by both Watson and Morton, who have also been impressive in camp.

after everything that is happened so far I would be shocked that trung isn't the starter opening day

I gotta say if this is true, it's a bad idea. Morton definately has the quicks and moves to show for it. The question is his size and stamina to take the constant pounding other than the kickoff/punt returns he has been doing for the last couple years. Let's be honest, we didn't sign him because he's going to be our next feature back. I think it's a great idea on using him on 3rd downs within Spurrier's system (draws and screens). I see this turning into the whole "let Champ Bailey return punts" debacle. What are you, nuts.:40oz:

I don't know if I'd worry too much about the first week and a half of camp setting our RB depths. From what I've seen the coaches aren't too concerned about holding Betts out for now as they said they know what he can do. Betts and Watson are knowns from last year. They really need to evaluate how much of the offense Trung and Morton can handle. If Morton can hang as a quality 3rd down or change of pace back, Watson or Betts might hit the bricks. If we cut Betts, odds are he'd be a Cowpoke pick up. He's the kinda back parsells likes and would make a tandem with the Hamlick. Watson would make good depth addition for the Rams, strangely enough. I don't know if the Skins would want to do either. I think the 4 RB /2 TE scenario is very likely.

Originally posted by Brewhoos

The WP rating story is such garbage. It's just a nifty plug in the train camp updates.

Yeah, pretty much. It's just a gimick. No ones moves up or down except for injury.

Originally posted by Donallus

Betts and Watson are knowns from last year. They really need to evaluate how much of the offense Trung and Morton can handle.

That's a good point too.

Personally I hope Canidate or Morton emerge. Watson & Betts may be adequate for season. But, that's not going to fly in the play-offs.

Archived