Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can One of You Video Guru's Make a Landry Compilation?

KingGibbs

I know we have some computer/video geniuses on here. I need a good laugh and I was wondering if someone could make a collection video of Landry's missed tackles. Or would that take up too much bandwidth?:doh:

If you can do it I would suggest the Bennie Hill theme song.

Is he that bad or just playing out of position? I don't understanf it, I thought coming into this season he was a fairly decent safety now he is like one of the worst in the league. If fact I can't remember a safety wearing a Redskins uniform ever playing this bad for a whole season.

It's not a good sign when the announcers are declaring that the other team has decided to scheme against your weaknesses in the pre-game.

When was the last time you saw a team have that many completely wide open receivers in a game?

It's been a theme this year. You know, it's a bad sign when you are in must-stop situations and wide receivers aren't just open. They are WIDE open. Many, many times. It's happened multiple times this year.

On third-downs, on crucial plays, that is when the good teams play their best. The Redskins, as a team, have had big problems in big moments throughout the year. But none of this is any surprise for a 4-win team.

Anyway the rest of this year is truly just "sport." There isn't anything to play for, and the product we witness may or may not be the same next year (obviously many players will stay, but it's not clear who will stay or go at this point, I think). Welcome to the 2010 preseason.

Is he that bad or just playing out of position? I don't understanf it, I thought coming into this season he was a fairly decent safety now he is like one of the worst in the league. If fact I can't remember a safety wearing a Redskins uniform ever playing this bad for a whole season.

He's that bad, and it's got jack **** to do with which safety slot he plays, it's all down to his piss poor attitude.

It's well documented from within the park about his lax attitude to putting the work in and being fully dedicated to his craft, which is nothing short of criminal given the outstanding, God given natural talent he's flittering away.

We should of come down hard on his ass this off season when he skipped all but the last of the voluntary workouts when most everyone else was slaving their behind off. (Waiting for someone to jump in and scream there "voluntary", but it all pertains to personal attitude and dedication, which ever way you cut it.). He should of been relegated right down the depth chart going into camp and made to realise he has no God given right to do whatever HE wants and still have a guaranteed starting slot.

But instead, we let it ride, and he's continued to be as immature and amateur as ever; and where we should be looking at one of the greatest all time players at his position, were instead looking at just another starting safety in this league.

All because he has no concept of the sacrifices and dedication the true greats make to their craft. If LaRon had half the commitment of Reed Doughty, a man not blessed with anything like his physical attributes, he'd be up there dominating in the Ed Reed stakes.

A sad, complete waste of God given talent.

Hail.

I usually do like to compile plays of great players in the past (like all of Art Monk and Gary Clark's receptions) but I think I will make it a project of mine to pour over the games of the last 3 seasons and put together all of Landry's "highlights". Don't have time now. I do think the Benny Hill music would be perfect.

Alright I see a lot of love for Jerry Gray on this board. From the interviews I've seen, he seems competent enough and like a decent guy... but at what point can we start heaping some of the blame for Landry's play on coaching?

Landry has stepped on my last nerve, and personally I'd be ecstatic to get rid of the guy for anything close to fair value but he's got all the physical tools in the world to excel and he still makes the stupidest plays game in and game out.

Our secondary has no leadership whatsoever. Rogers is probably gone next year and has played like that's what he plans on happening. DHall is injured as often as he is on the field. Smoot's on the downside of his career and not really. Landry makes 10 bonehead plays for 1 good one. There's a revolving door at the opposite safety spot.

I think some accountability has to be put on the coaching staff and Gray in particular for how the secondary has played.

The worst part of this experiment to play the guy at his "natural position", is now you have two guys playing out of position. Doughty has been pretty solid as the SS all season with 1/3rd the talent Laron has. And Laron, I'm not sure what his natural position is besides flexing and being out of position. Sure he made 12 tackles against Oakland but also got toasted 2x.

Laron, its been real and its been fun, but it ain't been real fun. Good luck in the UFL next year.

Alright I see a lot of love for Jerry Gray on this board. From the interviews I've seen, he seems competent enough and like a decent guy... but at what point can we start heaping some of the blame for Landry's play on coaching?

How many times can the guy smack Landry in the head and say "hey dumbass, quit biting on double moves. You do it 2x every friggin week. Take better angles to the ball and for petes sake, wrap up with your arms so you don't get trucked out there infront of 80k people and look like a fool anymore".

You are right it does lay on the couches shoulders. They should have benched his butt archeletta style in week 3.

Cue some idiot with a Landry sig touting how it's not his fault and he's really not playing so poorly, we're just "blind".

?????????? :laugh:

In Landry's defense, he isn't the only one playing like :pooh: ; and he wasn't the only one getting :yikes: - burned last night. Just like Shaun S - let him go and let's see who picks him up. They will be having the last laugh against Landry haters on this board.:thumbsup: Jon Jansen did:evilg:

And there, I have never said nor did I indicate in this post that..........YOU nor anyone else was b l i n d- correct analysis would be a suggestion to you against "the person with the Landry sig" ;)

I wish someone would make a compilation of Jason Campbell's "slides". That would be ruthlessly funny.

Supposedly Rex Ryan brought in Joe Girardi to teach Matt Sanchez how to slide...well, whatever team signs Jason next year needs to call up Ricky Henderson, Pete Rose and the Ghost of Ty Cobb as soon as Candle's ink hits the paper.

Regarding Laron: We need a FS, plain and simple. Put LL at SS and give him a solid coach. Case closed.

Archived