Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Half Of Skins Football Ever?

P'Oed

Please don't take this as some BS joke thread. I'm being completely serious when I ask my fellow ESers: were the first 30 minutes of the December 21st, 2009 edition of Monday Night Football the worst you've ever seen this team play? To me, this was the perfect concoction of awfulness. The constant hitting of our QBs, the inability to generate ANYTHING offensively, the defense spoon-feeding the Giants 24 points and the cherry on top; the unbelievably stupid special teams play to end the quarter.

Can you think of any half worse than this one? I honestly can't.

No

I saw them do this in the Super Bowl once.

And I've never gotten over it.

~Bang

Yeah well I saw the Detroit ****ing Lions get their first win in like a decade or so against them.

I haven't gotten over that one either.

This game is worse than most losses because its on Monday Night Football. We are being ridiculed by the national press and now fans across the nation can see how bad this team has been this year. We already know how bad they are. (By the way, number 41 Kareem Moore on defense has got to be cut. He has not done one thing right tonight. He should be told to clean out his locker tonight and the Skins will mail him his remaining pay checks for the season.

The first half of last game of the '03 season was pretty awful...Spurrier's last game, and the Eagles lambasted his team.

Some other folks mentioned our game in '05 at the Meadowlands as being pretty putrid.

Other than that....yeah, that half was about as bad as it gets.

Unless, of course, you count this half as well.

(By the way, number 41 Kareem Moore on defense has got to be cut. He has not done one thing right tonight. He should be told to clean out his locker tonight and the Skins will mail him his remaining pay checks for the season.

:hysterical:

I just lol'd at this for some reason. So true, so sad, and can probably be said about at least half the team (literally!).

I'm just in awe of how completely lifeless we are. We're made of pure suck tonight.

We've seen this team go throught he motions. We've seen this team fail. But to get murdered like this on MNF, and adding in stupid crap like that WTF special teams play, all that stuff, just....wtf.

In almost 40 years of following the team, i can't think of any half that has been this bad. The superbowl loss to the Dolphins, the loss to the Giants in the Meadowlands after Mara passed, and even the NE game were not this bad. Players were still trying, tonight, this team FLAT OUT QUIT!

They need to have a fire sale, EVERYTHING MUST GO! There were times during the season when you could say we were showing progress, especially the last few weeks, and tonight washed any progress right down the crapper.

I have never seen anything like this game before and hope I never see it again.

Archived