Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: How will attendance be for tonight?

JimmiJo

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=2682

How will attendance be for tonight?

Want to know why Vinny Cerrato is gone, and Bruce Allen in? More than anything it was the number of empty seats in the upper deck at FedEx Field during home games this year.

The amount of empty seats increased every game as this season progressed. Against New Orleans, some estimated as few as 60,000 fans showed up (the stadium holds over 90,000).

And the reason for this was fan discontent surrounding team management, specifically Cerrato.

But will that change with a new front office in place? Will fans turn out to show their support against a division rival? Almost certainly, but how much is unclear.

Click the link above to read the entire article...

I really hope we pack the house tonight. Danny is giving us what we wanted. For us NY'ers this is our Superbowl!! Even more than the Cowgirls game next week!!! Go Skins!!!

If by New Yorkers you mean the entire state, you'd be wrong.

If you mean New Yorkers and you mean just the City goers, the state consists of much more than the city :P

I think it'll be fairly empty, but maybe better than we expect.

Weather + Christmas + rush hour traffic = A lot of empty seats, even sans Bugeyes.

The shame is a lot of people will be played their asses of, trying to earn jobs for next year. I'm sure plenty will be watching on TV, though.

If by New Yorkers you mean the entire state, you'd be wrong.

If you mean New Yorkers and you mean just the City goers, the state consists of much more than the city :P

Nope not from the city!! Sorry, but most of the Skins fans i know would rather beat the Giants than the cowgirls any day of the week. I know about 2 cowgirl fans and about 1,000,000 Giants fans.

Nope not from the city!! Sorry, but most of the Skins fans i know would rather beat the Giants than the cowgirls any day of the week. I know about 2 cowgirl fans and about 1,000,000 Giants fans.

I know just as many Cowboy fans as Giant fans. But Dallas is our rival. My hatred reaches them fastest and first.

That said, I hate the Giants too. So a win tonight would be awesome anyways.

I predict it will be like the Thursday night Bears game in 2007.

A December weeknight, temps were in the teens, snow and ice everywhere, and a Redskins team that was seemingly going nowhere before Todd Collins.

I say 50,000 will show up tonight.

I bet they'll report 75-80k, though I firmly believe they BS attendance numbers.

I predict it will be like the Thursday night Bears game in 2007.

A December weeknight, temps were in the teens, snow and ice everywhere, and a Redskins team that was seemingly going nowhere before Todd Collins.

I say 50,000 will show up tonight.

I bet they'll report 75-80k, though I firmly believe they BS attendance numbers.

So you are telling me Todd will be behind center sometime tonight? Getting my hopes up.

Attendance was the weakest I've seen it. A ton of empty seats, Giants fans chants that could be heard thru out the stadium, the ticket checkers at the portals were absent, got the snot knocked out of us and it was freezing cold. Oh, I should mention some Giant fan behind me who was slumped in his seat and throwing up by halftime.

Man, that was a great experience. :doh:

well to be fair.. a lot of people around us were calling people who were stuck in traffic, and telling them to turn around and go home.

people still try to show up at 8:15 for an 8:30 game, and then want to complain about traffic.

it was almost the end of the first quarter and brightseat was lined upw ith cars all the way up to landover road, as far as I could see from the top of the ramp when i went for a smoke break.

a lot of those people turned around and left. the stadium was emptying out around halfway through the 2nd. those of us dumb enough to stay past halftime, left halfway through the third it looked like.

the lower bowl looked like it was somewhere between 40-60% giants fans. and by halftime all the skins fans had left, so the only people left were giants fans.

was an awful game.

the guy I went with said it best. this wasn't about football. this was the redskins showcasing their snow removal ability.

Archived