Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Yes, it's all about him

Ax

Would you like to do a sig bet? I bet you Obama wins in 2012.

It will cost the Dems more if they pass nothing at all. Just like in 1994.

No thanks. Im going to sit back and enjoy the show. It's going to be brutal, and hysterical to watch.

While raising the rest of our rates and fining a portion of that 31 million.

Pure genius...If you are in the ins business

The Republican mantra about taxes increasing unemployment has been proven false over and over again. The greatest economic expansion took place after Clinton raised taxes. The worst recession since the great depression took place after Bush lowered taxes.

There will be no mass firings over this.

There are 60 democrats in the Senate. There has never been any need to compromise with Republicans.

This bill is the result of 60 Democratic Senators coming to agreement.

^^^^^ The biggest lie in this entire "debate".

Why is the debate always framed around what the government is doing wrong in all of this?

Has anybody taken a close look at what insurance/pharmaceutical companies have been getting away with over the past 50 years?

Or are we just so used to getting it where the sun don't shine without lube that we just don't care anymore? Or, maybe some folks like it.

Why is the debate always framed around what the government is doing wrong in all of this?

Has anybody taken a close look at what insurance/pharmaceutical companies have been getting away with over the past 50 years?

Or are we just so used to getting it where the sun don't shine without lube that we just don't care anymore? Or, maybe some folks like it.

Even if I accept that premise (which I dont, and Id point to the breakthroughs and treatments thoise evil industries have made to save lives and take our average lifespan and extend it 20 years), what does THIS bill do to change ANY of that?

The debate should be focused on what everyone is doing wrong and how to really fix it. The debate in the government is about how to get something passed to get votes the next election. The debate among the people is stated above. The debate among insurance companies is how to spend their money because in either case, they come out winners!

I agree with an earlier poster that I hope Obama vetoes the bill and makes them start from scratch until they can come up with something that will actually benefit Americans instead of this piece work hack job that has come out. Why wont he? Political suicide to kill this bill and we know all politicians care about is the next election....

What do you mean? Leibermann caucuses with the with the Democrats but I guess you could say that he's not a democrat.

If the Democrats felt they needed Republican help, they would have started this thing very differently.

Democrats could have locked Republicans out of committee and written the bill behind closed doors.

That was simply not the case here. Merits of the bill were debated publically via the Senate finance committee for Months.

Although she decided not to endorse the measure, Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (Maine), a moderate Republican, insisted that prospects for a bipartisan deal are not dead.

"Those of us as members of the bipartisan Group of Six fully intend to keep meeting, moving forward and continuing to work with the Chairman during the committee process," Snowe said Wednesday in a statement, "toward crafting a bill that I, and hopefully other Republican members of the Finance Committee, can support."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/16/AR2009091601151.html

Even if I accept that premise (which I dont, and Id point to the breakthroughs and treatments thoise evil industries have made to save lives and take our average lifespan and extend it 20 years), what does THIS bill do to change ANY of that?

It's merely an observation about how these debates always go. Someone tries to touch healthcare in this country and it is a poltical cluster****. Immediately. Out trots the tinfoil hats claiming the government will have death panels. Out comes the bloggers to label Obama a communist. Out comes the racists to think of anything to label Obama b/c they don't like a black man in the Presidency to begin with. :)

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile, the insurance companies in this country are a ****ing joke. Completely indefensible. They've bought and paid for our represenatives decades ago. They are having their cake and eating it too. THey pick and choose who they want to cover. They pick and choose what treatments those they cover get to have. They pick and choose what they pay for and what they don't. They are constantly moving the target, at their discretion.

They are sticking a red hot poker straight up your ass and folks don't care. It's only about Obama. I just find that point of view strange. Take a quick look at every thread devoted to this topic.

And don't even get me started on Pharmaceutical companies.

Healthcare in this country is rotten to the core. It is broken. It is a completely failed and inefficient market. God forbid anyone try to do anything about it- b/c they'll be labeled a commy.

If you tried to design a bigger, more wasteful, more inefficient cluster**** than our healthcare I don't think you could.

But it's all about this bill. Obama is evil. The government is taking your rights.

I expect companies to try to make money. I like that. I don't like that some companies push for profits so hard that they will do things that are unethical. I expect the various branches and layers of government to punish companies that try to make money through unethical practices. I'm really comfortable with those checks and balances.

Any time the government decides to take the place of business rather than exercise their power to regulate business, I'm concerned.

The debate should be focused on what everyone is doing wrong and how to really fix it. The debate in the government is about how to get something passed to get votes the next election. The debate among the people is stated above. The debate among insurance companies is how to spend their money because in either case, they come out winners!

I agree with an earlier poster that I hope Obama vetoes the bill and makes them start from scratch until they can come up with something that will actually benefit Americans instead of this piece work hack job that has come out. Why wont he? Political suicide to kill this bill and we know all politicians care about is the next election....

I agree. Though I don't know enough about this bill to know whether it should be vetoed.

It's merely an observation about how these debates always go. Someone tries to touch healthcare in this country and it is a poltical cluster****. Immediately. Out trots the tinfoil hats claiming the government will have death panels. Out comes the bloggers to label Obama a communist. Out comes the racists to think of anything to label Obama b/c they don't like a black man in the Presidency to begin with. :)

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile, the insurance companies in this country are a ****ing joke. Completely indefensible. They've bought and paid for our represenatives decades ago. They are having their cake and eating it too. THey pick and choose who they want to cover. They pick and choose what treatments those they cover get to have. They pick and choose what they pay for and what they don't. They are constantly moving the target, at their discretion.

They are sticking a red hot poker straight up your ass and folks don't care. It's only about Obama. I just find that point of view strange. Take a quick look at every thread devoted to this topic.

And don't even get me started on Pharmaceutical companies.

Healthcare in this country is rotten to the core. It is broken. It is a completely failed and inefficient market. God forbid anyone try to do anything about it- b/c they'll be labeled a commy.

If you tried to design a bigger, more wasteful, more inefficient cluster**** than our healthcare I don't think you could.

But it's all about this bill. Obama is evil. The government is taking your rights.

Again then, what is this bill doing to change ANY of that?

Again then, what is this bill doing to change ANY of that?

It was a comment about the OP. "Its all about him"

Where is the WP article "it's all about the insurance companies?"

Ask your question in a different thread or to a different poster- I don't know and it has nothing to do with the point of my post. Which I've tried to explain.

has anyone here even read the bill? Or is eveyrone a blind homer to believe whatever any of the politicians said?

B/c if you haven't read the bill- I don't think you really have much to say- me included.

While I don't agree with you on whether the original was necessarily, "better" or not, I think your assessment of the process is in concert with the notion made by the author of this piece, about this being

Obama's self-indulgent crusade to seize the liberal holy grail of "universal coverage." What it's not is leadership.

That's a very cynical thing to say. The least you can do is acknowledge that the man may be actually trying to do some good out there.

has anyone here even read the bill? Or is eveyrone a blind homer to believe whatever any of the politicians said?

B/c if you haven't read the bill- I don't think you really have much to say- me included.

You know us better than that :hysterical:

Having time to review the finished bill is verbotten.

So you've read every piece of legislation you've ever commented on? Yes or no? Actually, no need to answer.

I don't think you have to read it word for word to substantially understand what it is going to do. I think anyone with a backround in legalese can tell you that.

For example, you could be a contracting officer for the federal Government, an expert in the federal acquisition regulations, but you'd be pretty hard pressed to find anyone who had read every word of it.

Archived