Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The #2 Seed and Bye is still up for grabs in NFC

Westbrook36

I think the Vikings went into the coasting mode 3-4 weeks ago and is having hard time getting started again. We will see if they can get it back on track against a disappointing Giants team this week.

I think for the Cowboys the worst case scenario would be having to play the Vikings in Minnisota in the first round of the playoffs... this has a very high possibility of happening now...

I think the Vikings went into the coasting mode 3-4 weeks ago and is having hard time getting started again. We will see if they can get it back on track against a disappointing Giants team this week.

I think for the Cowboys the worst case scenario would be having to play the Vikings in Minnisota in the first round of the playoffs... this has a very high possibility of happening now...

why do you say that? Dallas is at home against Philly for the Division. If they take care of business, they won't be playing in Minny in the first round.

I just can't see the Packers beating Arizona this weekend. The Packers really don't have anything to play for (other than moving up one seed to #5) while the Cardinals have a legitimate shot at the #2 seed with the way that the Vikes are playing and the fact that the Eagles are playing on the road against a good team.

I just can't see the Packers beating Arizona this weekend. The Packers really don't have anything to play for (other than moving up one seed to #5) while the Cardinals have a legitimate shot at the #2 seed with the way that the Vikes are playing and the fact that the Eagles are playing on the road against a good team.

Packers already are #5 seed, they only need to win to keep it if the Cowboys win.

That said, the players are all saying that they wanna play to win. Don't know how the coaching staff feels, but players like Woodson are fired up to play.

I still cannot believe what has happened to the Vikings. They looked like a lock for the #2 seed a month ago. Like everyone else has already said, this year's playoffs are going to be amazing. For once, there doesn't seem to be a weak team in the bunch.

The Vikings D has been exposed - teams have figured out how to pass block Jared Allen, and their secondary is swiss cheese.

Even if they have the #2 seed, the Eagles would have destroyed them anyways on their home turf in the playoffs.

BTW - Brad Childress is NOT an NFL coach - he may have been a valuable asset on the Eagles coaching staff(i.e. he was successfully able to convince Reid to run a balanced offense), but he can not manage tight games, as we've see this month.

Honestly - even if we lose to the Eagles this weekend, I'm not worried, b/c I'm pretty confident against Minnesota in the 1st round.

Honestly - even if we lose to the Eagles this weekend, I'm not worried, b/c I'm pretty confident against Minnesota in the 1st round.

I'm praying for the Eagles to beat Dallas so I can go to the Vikings - Cowboys game. I would love to see the Dallas playoff loss streak continue in person

I truly, truly believe the only teams with a chance in the NFC are the Eagles, Cowboys, and Packers. One of those three teams will represent the NFC in the Superbowl. Mark it down.

The NFC playoffs are going to be a thing of beauty to watch.

wow..way to go out on a limb and pick 1/2 of the teams available! :rolleyes:

He cannot manage tight games, as we've see this month.

It doesn't help that his QB has basically decided to cut his nuts off on a weekly basis.

It's really amazing how much poison Favre can inject into a team even when he is playing out of his mind.

How much authority can Childress have now after Favre disobeyed his benching order in Week 15 and is criticizing his play calls ON THE FIELD in Week 16.

At some point in the playoffs, the Vikings are going to call a time out to discuss a 3rd and 3 and half the offense will be looking at Childress while the other half looks at Favre.

It doesn't help that his QB has basically decided to cut his nuts off on a weekly basis.

It's really amazing how much poison Favre can inject into a team even when he is playing out of his mind.

How much authority can Childress have now after Favre disobeyed his benching order in Week 15 and is criticizing his play calls ON THE FIELD in Week 16.

At some point in the playoffs' date=' the Vikings are going to call a time out to discuss a 3rd and 3 and half the offense will be looking at Childress while the other half looks at Favre.[/quote']

Childress can not also handle players - this isn't the first time he has gotten into a scuffle with his players. Saw it on the sidelines every now and then during his tenure where his players would jaw at him - not trying to defend these players, but it means they have a lack of respect for their HC, which is a very bad sign.

Childress has picked up alot of bad habits from his former boss and close friend Andy Reid(i.e. abandoning the run game at crucial times in the game, poor clock management, misusing TOs in the 2nd half, schizoprehnic play calling, etc), but even worse, he hasn't exactly picked up any of his good habits(i.e. finishing seasons strong, having respect from his players and coaches, etc).

As it stands right now, that cannot happen.

If the Eagles win and GB wins, Minny is the 3, Arizona is the 4, GB is the 5, and Dallas is the 6 I believe.

Under such a scenario, if the Vikings and Packers win their first round games, GB goes to NO in the second round and Minn comes to Philly, no?

Also, for those rooting for a GB/Minny matchup: I might be mistaken but if Philly wins, Minny loses to the Giants, and Arizona beats GB, isn't the seeding:

1) NO

2) PHI

3)ARI

4)MINN

5)GB

6)DAL

setting up a GB@MINN first round game?

Also, for those rooting for a GB/Minny matchup: I might be mistaken but if Philly wins, Minny loses to the Giants, and Arizona beats GB, isn't the seeding:

1) NO

2) PHI

3)ARI

4)MINN

5)GB

6)DAL

That's correct.

This site allows you to play around and figure out the scenarios based on week 17 matchups

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=WinningPct

An awful lot needs to happen for Dallas to get there.

Still' date=' if the Vikings have to go on the road in Round 2, they are done. They might not get out of Round 1.[/quote']

the packers and giants would need to win for dallas to get the #2 seed. that isn't too far-fetched.

depends on whether the packers want the 5th seed instead of the 6th and also on the pride of the giants.

BTW - Brad Childress is NOT an NFL coach - he may have been a valuable asset on the Eagles coaching staff(i.e. he was successfully able to convince Reid to run a balanced offense), but he can not manage tight games, as we've see this month.

I have to agree with you. I watch alot of Vikes games because of Fantasy reasons, and this guy just can't seem to get out of his own way. I still think he hasn't figured out how to use Peterson, and fighting with Favre in a 7-6 game was ridiculous IMO.

That being said, the Vikes have a TON of talent on that team, and even with them not playing up to their potential, they are very dangerous, and should not be taken lightly.

wow..way to go out on a limb and pick 1/2 of the teams available! :rolleyes:

I'm just pointing out that it's odd that both of the wild card teams are better than 3 out of 4 division winners.

I honestly think the Saints, Vikings, and Cardinals are done. The Saints were never good, the Vikings are stumbling badly, and the Cardinals are just a good offense. One off day and they're cooked.

If the Eagles win and GB wins, Minny is the 3, Arizona is the 4, GB is the 5, and Dallas is the 6 I believe.

Under such a scenario, if the Vikings and Packers win their first round games, GB goes to NO in the second round and Minn comes to Philly, no?

1) NO

2) PHI

3)ARI

4)MINN

5)GB

6)DAL

Actually, I think I was mistaken. It can happen as of today. But Philly could be as high as a 2 seed or as low as 6th. Kind of hard to predict right now. If philly isn't a 2 seed, then they cant meet GB in the NFCCG. I think, lol

Archived