Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The #2 Seed and Bye is still up for grabs in NFC

Westbrook36

Most of the year, it has been assumed that the Saints and Vikings would run away with the 1 and 2 seeds and get the byes.

However, with the Panthers upset of the suddenly fading Vikings Sunday night, the 2 seed is now up for grabs.

The Vikings are 11-3 and finish with Chicago on the road and home vs. the Giants. The Vikings are 2-3 outdoors this year.

The Eagles are 10-4 and have the Broncos at home next week and finish at the Cowboys.

If the Eagles win out and the Vikings lose one of two, the Eagles win the tiebreaker.

Getting the bye is probably one of the biggest goals a team should have before the season. It makes your path to the Superbowl that much easier even though we have had a few wildcard teams get to the Superbowl in the last few years.

It also gives the Eagles something concrete to play for that last Sunday in Dallas, even if Philly clinches the East next week (which I think would happen with a Philly win over Denver and a Dallas loss to the Skins). Cowboys likely won't enjoy any potential benefit of the Eagles resting people in the second half of the game if they had clinched by then.

Getting the bye is probably one of the biggest goals a team should have before the season. It makes your path to the Superbowl that much easier even though we have had a few wildcard teams get to the Superbowl in the last few years.

What does it matter Westy? The Porky Pig coached Egirls can't win the big one anyway.

The Philadelphia Eagles: Making Division Titles Worthless For Ten Years

And counting.

It also gives the Eagles something concrete to play for that last Sunday in Dallas, even if Philly clinches the East next week (which I think would happen with a Philly win over Denver and a Dallas loss to the Skins). Cowboys likely won't enjoy any potential benefit of the Eagles resting people in the second half of the game if they had clinched by then.

I don't think Philly will rest anybody. Simple fact is that if NY wins tonight and next week it all comes down to the final week of the season. Don't think Philly wants to allow Dallas into the playoffs and have to play them back to back.

Do you have to say this everytime. Stop trying to cover your ass and MAN-UP!!! Thanks. :chair:

Yes, i do have to say it. Our team, from the owner and coaches on down, is mentally weak. They are the NFL version of the Dallas Mavericks.

I believe that we have the talent to win against any team in this league. I just don't believe that we have the leadership necessary to win when there is pressure. If it weren't for the exceptional play of our D-Line and, to some extent, our secondary on Saturday, we were all set for a meltdown. The Roy Williams drop on the 3rd down play midway through the fourth quarter is an excellent example of the weakness that I am talking about.

It is what it is. We are not clutch and I am not a believer in this team. Yet.

Could it change? Certainly. But I'll wait and see before I 'Man Up' about something that I don't believe in.

Archived