Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Discuss Romo and his INT's here

slogriff

I don't really think thats the case. I would love to have itelligent discourse here but the problem is that ATN is completely overwhelmed by two over the top homers who have turned it into a circus. Nothing the Cowboys, Jerry Jones, Wade Phillips, Romo sits to pee, Ware, and any other player, coach, or fan does is good or right. There is always some lame excuse for their success. Anyone wanting to post anything positive about the Cowboys is quickly labeled a troll. Any skins fan who dares to cross them or call them out has their fanhood questioned.

When I first came here many many years ago(under a different name because I have been banned a few times), those two guys had not yet begun their act. This place was literally the best place to come talk NFC football with fans from the other teams. Its now broken down into a joke, which surprisingly keeps me hanging around as well. I'd much rather be hanging out here talking football with someone like you than tuning in for quick laugh at the two resident court jestors.

coolbeans, just as in the more recent past, note you're not banned for being a dupe acct. also, and I apparently can't say this too many times, if you think bubba and tr1 suck in terms of their posted content, ignore them and discuss with others. I do it all the time with countless members in several forums. :)

per Kapolani, sometime after you joined, you were tagged as a dupe acct. and you do often fill the troll role as we define it staff-wise, but "lamest" may have been a bit excessive as many of your posts do contain actual and reasonable football content. Just for the cause of accuracy, which I tend to adhere to whether seeing friendly or harsh with any given post. as said, we allow a lot of give-n-take without just reflexively dropping rule violations on people just because we could.

Fair enough.

Like has been stated many, many times, this board's colors are burgundy and gold for a reason - I understand that.

I just find it more fun to argue/debate with rival fans than posting at Cowboys forums. You can't get into real debates in happy land.

It's more fun arguing with rivals.

Just found out that I got the tickets to the game. Boss didn't want to go so slipped them to me.

Hopefully the experience is different than last years!

You rival fans who are complaining about it should note that tr1's and even bubba's "attacks" are no different than from any other member. They do not enfocre directives. They say what they say. You guys give them the power to "affect" you. They can't give you any moderator "penalty. but bubba is a much-appreciated staff member who has devoted much time to seeking and posting an amazing array of articles for the site for many years. that's one of the main reasons whe has so many posts---all the service work he does for the site every day of every week.

Fair enough.

Like has been stated many, many times, this board's colors are burgundy and gold for a reason - I understand that.

I just find it more fun to argue/debate with rival fans than posting at Cowboys forums. You can't get into real debates in happy land.

It's more fun arguing with rivals.

Just found out that I got the tickets to the game. Boss didn't want to go so slipped them to me.

Hopefully the experience is different than last years!

I am expecting a helluva game. Hope we aren't disspaointed. One other thing to everyone....you might take some time amidst your "tr1 & bubba" angst to note how much we try to avoid punting rival fans...i hear all the time from other mods how they wouldn't begin to bother to cut all the slack for rival fans that we do....

coolbeans, just as in the more recent past, note you're not banned for being a dupe acct. also, and I apparently can't say this too many times, if you tihnk bubba and tr1 suck in terms of their posted content, ignore tham and discuss with others. I do it all the time with countless members in several forums. :)

I wouldn't call it a dupe account. I got banned a few times many years ago but they were only temp bans because I could always log back in in 30 days. After being away for a few months the last time I got banned, I decided to come back but decided to go with another name and try and quit crossing the line. I certainly am not using any other account to log in and post.

coolbeans, just as in the more recent past, note you're not banned for being a dupe acct. also, and I apparently can't say this too many times, if you tihnk bubba and tr1 suck in terms of their posted content, ignore tham and discuss with others. I do it all the time with countless members in several forums. :)

That would be great advice if they didn't hijack every thread as soon as legit debate between reasonable fans starts to occur. When every single thread breaks down into the same exact tired arguement, whats the point?

ATN used to be the single best place on the entire internet to discuss NFC East football and have fun doing it. Its now only fun because you get to laugh at the two court jestors everyday. So which forum would you personally like to reside over? I'd take it the way it used to be every day!

oh please cry me a freaking river :hysterical:

seriously, some of you need a reality check, and take a good look in the mirror.

you don't want to discuss football, and your team "intelligently" if you did you wouldn't get so upset when any negative is posted, your quick to attack and accuse tr1 and others of trolling, but fail to recognize when tr1 was completely correct about your team.

You accuse Skins fans of being "homers" on their own Redskin board, but when you come crowing about your team it's "intelligent football discussions :hysterical:, or when you insult the Skins it's just good natured "jawing" :rolleyes:

How can anyone of you complain about anything with a straight face. You don't get that kind of leeway on your own board, yet you expect it on a Redskins board?

give me a break

Newsflash, it takes 2 to tango, and trying to spin it .... it's all tr1 or bubba's or (insert Redskin fan)'s fault is it flat out lie. You make it what it is just as much if not more so than anyone you want to blame, since you decided to come here knowing it's a Redskin board.

And those wanting tighter rule control, might want to rethink it, because quite frankly poke and other teams fans in ATN get away with a great deal more than Redskin fans in the Stadium.

The mods bend over backwards for most of you to be hospitable, almost to the point of being taken advantage of because of it. Instead of appreciating your privileged status, most of you press for more. Never thinking about how much crap you cause (well some know they abuse the system, and push it to beyond the limits).

So grow up, get over it, be a positive instead of your constant whining like a spoiled brat. You want to make ATN a more intelligent football sight then take control of yourself, and start doing what you expect others to do for you.

Seriously look at some of our best ATN posters, Tom, TN41, EaglesLengendz, WhoDel, etc... they never have issues because they respect where the are at. They can see the good and bad with their team, can give and take with a sense of humor, don't take themselves too serious. You don't see them whining, trying to stir up stuff, or get involved in these ****fests.

They don't have issues with tr1, me, Califan007, or any Skins fan, or have mods policing their threads.

I wouldn't call it a dupe account. I got banned a few times many years ago but they were only temp bans because I could always log back in in 30 days. After being away for a few months the last time I got banned, I decided to come back but decided to go with another name and try and quit crossing the line. I certainly am not using any other account to log in and post.

Thanks for that clarification, coolbeans. it actually is noted that way in your user notes and i forgot.

One thing about ATN (and maybe it will explain some of my mod-posts/actions over the years) is ES WANTS fans of other teams, certainly including NFCE rivals, to be acitve posters and talk football from their perspective. One of the two fundamental purposes of ATN is to facilitate that goal.

Achieving and supporting that idea is important to me and I believe (as did other staff before me) that having it working well for both homeboys and fans of other teams who become members, within the rules and guidlines as establisied and noting the colors of this board, is vital to the board being the best it can be.

This has never meant that rules will be applied unfairly, or that anyone's posting behaviors are beyond sanction if it becomes too much an issue for the communtiy at large--a matter to be determined by those who have been asked to be in charge of board management and with serious attention paid to membership feedabck.

And it is often useful, IMV, to separate what moderators actually do about forum matters versus what anyone not a moderator says about such matters.

You rival fans who are complaining about it should note that tr1's and even bubba's "attacks" are no different than from any other member. They do not enfocre directives. They say what they say.

They don't enforce directives because they clearly have no power to do so. However, I think the major source of conflict here has been that they occasionally try to enforce directives based on their own personal agenda. Bringing up the Redskins in any comparative, possibly unfavorable light is almost always met with "this is a thread about Romo sits to pee in ATN, you aren't allowed to discuss the Redskins here" which is absolutely asinine. This is a Redskins board and, hierarchically speaking, ATN is a part of the Stadium (whose overall theme is "let's talk Redskins football"). ES also has a proud tradition of allowing threads to go off on tangents and evolve with the flow of discussion. So really, nothing about keeping Skins talk completely out of ATN makes sense.

If I'm not totally off-base thus far, I would imagine the prime culprits here would have to knock it off at some point and stop trying to enforce rules that don't exist. If the Skins come up and you really don't like the comparison refute it. Don't be petty and dismiss it entirely because "this is not the Stadium" (and again, it kind of is). If it starts to get ridiculous with certain fans from rival teams, well, you've just given them plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

They don't enforce directives because they clearly have no power to do so. However, I think the major source of conflict here has been that they occasionally try to enforce directives based on their own personal agenda. Bringing up the Redskins in any comparative, possibly unfavorable light is almost always met with "this is a thread about Romo sits to pee in ATN, you aren't allowed to discuss the Redskins here" which is absolutely asinine. This is a Redskins board and, hierarchically speaking, ATN is a part of the Stadium (whose overall theme is "let's talk Redskins football"). ES also has a proud tradition of allowing threads to go off on tangents and evolve with the flow of discussion. So really, nothing about keeping Skins talk completely out of ATN makes sense.

That is completely off base

I am staff, so though I can't "ban" I do have responsibility to help police

and if you actually read the responses, there isn't any "personal agenda"

99 times out 99 it is only posted when poke/eagle/giant fans try to avoid the point about their team, or was just a cheap shot to insult the Skins that has no context to the op

If I'm not totally off-base thus far, I would imagine the prime culprits here would have to knock it off at some point and stop trying to enforce rules that don't exist. If the Skins come up and you really don't like the comparison refute it. Don't be petty and dismiss it entirely because "this is not the Stadium" (and again, it kind of is). If it starts to get ridiculous with certain fans from rival teams, well, you've just given them plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

exactly what rules do I try to enforce that aren't there, please post some links

you never see anyone saying anything about bringing up the Skins when they are in context with the OP.

and if you think it's because I or others don't want to discuss the Skins, just look at my post history to kill that nonsense.

( :secret: The reason ATN was created was to separate Redskins threads from other team threads, because before they were combined in one forum, Many fans were complaining Redskin threads were getting push off the front page. If other teams fans want to discuss the Redskin, more power to them, please do, just click the Stadium Forum and post with others already doing so, not just as a lame excuse to ignore the topic, or take a cheap shot where most Skins fans wouldn't read it in ATN.

and if you like to go back to those thread where I refer Skins comments to the Stadium, you will see that not only are the Redskins not applicable in the thread, but you'll see it is usually done in effort to get to get thread ack on topic, and I am actually DISCUSSING THE Topic, opposed to the other team fan, who is skirting the issue, or hijacking the thread.

Most of these complaints are based more of what is perceived by others, rarely on what was actually posted. I honestly believe people respond because the see my username without actually reading, or comprehending what was written about half the time in ATN:hysterical:

This thread sucks. It has been totally high-jacked lol.

But the fact of the matter is, Romo sits to pee is playing outstanding and nobody, even the haters can take that from him.

Is the team any better than in years past? Who knows, we'll find out in the next couple weeks. I'm not convinced they are yet.

But has Romo sits to pee elevated his game dramatically? Absolutely no doubt about it.

Although this isn't entirely relevant to what I was getting at, Responsibility != Power. Banning is the be-all and end-all of message board enforcement.

Besides, I wasn't just referring to you with that generalization.

exactly what rules do I try to enforce that aren't there, please post some links

you never see anyone saying anything about bringing up the Skins when they are in context with the OP.

I'll gladly get back to you on that if I can figure out what search terms will allow me to either verify what I'm saying or force me to reconsider.
and if you think it's because I or others don't want to discuss the Skins, just look at my post history to kill that nonsense.
I know you post plenty about the Skins. I do, however, tend to believe that you're a bit dishonest about the team when you go up against opposing ideas in ATN. If it's more convenient for your personal viewpoint to try and force an opposing viewpoint to limit itself to only a small slice of reality, you will absolutely try and make it happen.
( :secret: The reason ATN was created was to separate Redskins threads from other team threads, because before they were combined in one forum, Many fans were complaining Redskin threads were getting push off the front page. If other teams fans want to discuss the Redskin, more power to them, please do, just click the Stadium Forum and post with others already doing so, not just as a lame excuse to ignore the topic, or take a cheap shot where most Skins fans wouldn't read it in ATN.
Having separate forums is a good move but your concept of what can be discussed in a thread is too rigid.

You can't completely deny that there is going to be a fair amount of crossover between forums. Which forum a thread belongs in depends on the content of the OP, what direction the discussion goes in is anyone's guess. If a thread about the number of picks Romo sits to pee has or has not thrown goes up it will almost certainly turn into a discussion about the relative importance of minimizing turnovers and the merits of evaluating players based on TD:INT ratio, INT:attempt ratio, QB rating, etc. Once a thread goes in that direction it's no longer just about Romo sits to pee and all teams/players are fair game (especially the Redskins because they're the focus of the board).

and if you like to go back to those thread where I refer Skins comments to the Stadium, you will see that not only are the Redskins not applicable in the thread, but you'll see it is usually done in effort to get to get thread ack on topic, and I am actually DISCUSSING THE Topic, opposed to the other team fan, who is skirting the issue, or hijacking the thread.
Again, I'll try and look around for examples of what I'm talking about. I can't really make any guarantees, though, as there are a lot of posts I'd have to sift through.
Most of these complaints are based more of what is perceived by others, rarely on what was actually posted. I honestly believe people respond because the see my username without actually reading, or comprehending what was written about half the time in ATN:hysterical:
That's primarily your own fault. I suspect that you rather enjoy being viewed the way you are, though, so it's obviously not going to change anytime soon.

That is completely off base

and if you actually read the responses, there isn't any "personal agenda"

99 times out 99 it is only posted when poke/eagle/giant fans try to avoid the point about their team, or was just a cheap shot to insult the Skins that has no context to the op

Well... I am guessing that this thread is the 1%. Your first post in this thread something akin to, "take this crap elsewhere." Well...are you, or are you not, a member of the staff? If you are, and you are also responsible for helping to enforce the rules, then you should know that the OP did nothing that was against the rules. I would expect you, as a member of 'management,' to give quarter to posters that do not break the rules. You shouldn't, IMHO, insinuate that the post doesn't belong here. It does. Like I said earlier in this thread, there have been NUMEROUS posts about this topic. The OP started a new thread to 'prove' that things have change for the quarterback. IMHO, you have no business telling him/her to take his propaganda to another board when the topic he is posting about has a storied history in the ATN forum.

Perhaps you need to take up an alter-ego account whereby you can post your true feelings. I don't think that it's fair that you, as a member of mgmt, get to tell 'us' (the members of other NFL teams) to take our crap elsewhere when you, and those who feel as you do, don't like what we have to say. The original post was in line with almost every other post that been posted about the Cowboys to date (except that it *might* have proved that said QB has gone the extra mile, through luck, or otherwise, to limit his mistakes.)

Perhaps the OP should have put his stats in one of the other numerous threads on the topic. Perhaps not. If so, I would like to think that you, as a member of management, would have *merged* the threads rather than telling him to take his crap elsewhere.

If you, and the rest of the mods, want to encourage other fans to participate in this forum, I suggest you start by playing fair (which, I believe, 99% do).

The fear of being banished weighs heavily on us non-Skins fans.

Cowboy fans when they lose - OMG I'm so sick and tired of this team, if they lose I'm finding a new team.

Team wins - yeah Cowboys!!!

the roaches are out right now in full force, come one more time when they choke in the playoffs (if they make it) they'll go back right where they have been for 12 years.

Although this isn't entirely relevant to what I was getting at, Responsibility != Power. Banning is the be-all and end-all of message board enforcement.

Besides, I wasn't just referring to you with that generalization.

we'll move on then

I'll gladly get back to you on that if I can figure out what search terms will allow me to either verify what I'm saying or force me to reconsider.

please do, I know what I post and my motivations for it

I know you post plenty about the Skins. I do, however, tend to believe that you're a bit dishonest about the team when you go up against opposing ideas in ATN. If it's more convenient for your personal viewpoint to try and force an opposing viewpoint to limit itself to only a small slice of reality, you will absolutely try and make it happen.

this is proof of what I said, about people perceiving what I post, not what I actually write, many times.

Having separate forums is a good move but your concept of what can be discussed in a thread is too rigid.

You can't completely deny that there is going to be a fair amount of crossover between forums. Which forum a thread belongs in depends on the content of the OP, what direction the discussion goes in is anyone's guess. If a thread about the number of picks Romo sits to pee has or has not thrown goes up it will almost certainly turn into a discussion about the relative importance of minimizing turnovers and the merits of evaluating players based on TD:INT ratio, INT:attempt ratio, QB rating, etc. Once a thread goes in that direction it's no longer just about Romo sits to pee and all teams/players are fair game (especially the Redskins because they're the focus of the board).

Do you even read in the ATN, seriously, tr1 posted a thread about Shanny being a new coach for Washington, there have been many debates comparing Skins vs other NFC East teams/players. No one has ever said no Redskins allowed, nor said anything when it's in context.

I have done it myself.

Yes the Redskins are fair game, but why can't other team fans go to the Stadium to do so? is it that hard to click to go there?

Heck I have told them they would get more Skins fans to agree with them.

the point you are completely missing or ignoring usually poke fans (search KEN ;) ) will constantly try to change the subject, or take out their frustration by insulting the Skins

Again, I'll try and look around for examples of what I'm talking about. I can't really make any guarantees, though, as there are a lot of posts I'd have to sift through.

see above

That's primarily your own fault. I suspect that you rather enjoy being viewed the way you are, though, so it's obviously not going to change anytime soon.

boy, you're just keep proving me right. You don't know me, nor know my thought processes... you are simply making an assumption on what you perceive me to be like. You admitted you can't remember any examples, having to search for possible examples of what you think I do.

It's human nature, once you have a preconceived idea, everything you read and hear only confirms that idea, even when what you read or hear is actually in reality completely 180 degrees different.

You have a few select Redskin posters who, for all intents and purposes, have made ATN their own personal playground. Everything is by their rules. Dissent is not welcome and never acknowledged with intelligent discourse.

Golly, WB, we just hate guys who quit on their team, and then, get back on the wagon when they win.

Plenty of Eagle fans on ATN hate that, too.

:rotflmao:

[This thread is so long and there's so much whining by rival fans...I hope you'll be patient while I wade through the crap that's been spewed forth...]

Which Poke poster has posted 13 time Since

December-20th-2009, 09:05 AM

but but between

December-4th-2009, 02:15 PM

&

December-20th-2009, 09:05 AM

posted a grand total of

0 posts

... maybe..............Kapolani?

This should have been enough to embarrass most posters...however...:doh:

i think poking fun at those two when the Cowboys win is all the puke fans want in this space, i don't think their goal is to gain any sort of intelligent discourse from this forum. It's too bad the name of this forum ATN, because it misleads those who are trying to engage in intelligent NFL discussion, or are new to this space. Who would've thought an internet forum wide open for millions of people to discuss football, is dominated by two extreme homers. Maybe when the Redskins win, they will be more distracted.

Lemmee guess...another puke fan who's been lurking for a long time...:doh:

ATN has become a joke, and you & the other so called Mods have allowed it to happen by letting tr1 and bubba get away with the **** that they do. You can take the ban you are about to give me and shove it up your ass, because you are obviously getting your ass cheeks blown out on the regular by the 2 of them. **** You and the ********s. Peace *****!!!

It really wasn't a joke until you showed up...I can attest to that.

:rotflmao:

Archived