Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:RI: Suisham to try out with Cowboys

SirClintonPortis

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/suisham-to-try-out-with-cowboy.html

Suisham to try out with Cowboys

Just got a text from former Redskins place kicker Shaun Suisham, who told me he has a tryout scheduled Monday with the Dallas Cowboys.

The Redskins play the Cowboys next week in their FedEx Field season finale, and wouldn't it be something if Suisham signed with the Cowboys and had a big performance against the Redskins? Wouldn't it be something if he delivered a game-winning kick?

Yeah, I would kick his Canadian goose ass to the moon if he threw the killing dagger against us.

I was watching the Atlanta-Jets game in the grocery store today and some other dude starts watching and I ask him if he saw last night's game, and tell him that the Cowboys kicker missed a game-clinching FG last night like Suisham did. He says, with dead seriousness, "You know Suisham tried to kill himself after he got cut?"

I'm horrified and thinking I missed something "OMG!"

He then says "Yeah, he tried to hang himself, but couldn't kick the chair out from underneath himself!"

Horrible joke, but the guy had me for a second.........:silly:

kickers are only respected if they can produce under pressure, with the game on the line.

the fact Suisham has shown he can't do that means he is going to be an NFL gypsy.

he will get jobs where guys are injured or themselves don't perform.

but he is no big loss to the Redskins.

Allen would only have had to audition new kickers for 2010 anyway.

I laugh when writers cite these 'he was 13 for 13 at one point' this season, etc. to show he is supposedly this excellent performer.

The truth is a lot of those kicks were made in situations early in games or late when the team was further behind and didn't carry any real pressure.

The last few weeks where he has missed the kicks were in situations where the outcome of the game was in doubt in the second half against teams with winning records.

I don't think he has the right to stick it to us. He missed a 27 yard field goal for crying out loud.

Yeah, a job is a job if he can get one regardless of the team, but I bet you somewhere he feels like he was consistent and kicked well for us sans a couple games. I agree with you though.

it's a simple rule.

don't sign ex-Dallas players.

over the years the Redskins have signed a number of ex-Cowboys and invariably they have let this team down and underperformed in key situations.

most never came close to the production they had in D.

James Washington, Alvin Harper, Tony Casillas, John Gesek, Robert Jones, etc.

you can add Suisham to that list.

it's a simple rule.

don't sign ex-Dallas players.

over the years the Redskins have signed a number of ex-Cowboys and invariably they have let this team down and underperformed in key situations.

most never came close to the production they had in D.

James Washington, Alvin Harper, Tony Casillas, John Gesek, Robert Jones, etc.

you can add Suisham to that list.

you're forgetting the biggest one of all, the unmentionable D.S.

He probably wants to stick it to us for letting him go too.

The guy had several chances this season to win games for us at the end and failed to be clutch.

That failure was the reason for his departure.

What possible justification could he have for wanting to "stick it" to the Redskins?

Had he been clutch just once or twice, Shank-am would still be here.

Archived