Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan: What if he does end up in Dallas?

thechalkoutlines

With all the reports that are presupposing that Shanahan will be our next HC, it's a little unnerving to hear that Dallas is high (perhaps higher) on his list of potential jobs. Obviously, if The Cowboys make a run in the playoffs, Phillips probably keeps his job. If they make another early exit, it's very conceivable that Jones pulls the trigger quickly on firing his current coach and swoops in to grab Shanahan.

Who's next on Allen's list of head coaching candiates at that point?

With all the reports that are presupposing that Shanahan will be our next HC, it's a little unnerving to hear that Dallas is high (perhaps higher) on his list of potential jobs. Obviously, if The Cowboys make a run in the playoffs, Phillips probably keeps his job. If they make another early exit, it's very conceivable that Jones pulls the trigger quickly on firing his current coach and swoops in to grab Shanahan.

Who's next on Allen's list of head coaching candiates at that point?

If we don't get Shanahan this FO, no Snyder since he is the defacto FO will once again look like the tactless smurf.

I'd still prefer a young coordinator over a retread head coach. That's just me, though.

Ding.

What happens if he goes to Dallas? Two things:

1) I won't have to write "Shanananhanahnahnhnhanahnahanahnananan" every time that I'm spelling my name.

2) Hopefully we sign the next Joe Gibbs, not a guy who got fired for being a bad coach somewhere else.

I'd go with Mooch or Morningwheg over Chucky 10 times out of 10..

I’m ok with Mooch , but isn’t he the one who broke the Snyder/Lynch rumor story (but hey Marty still came in 01). As for Morningwheg, I feel like he’s the “Manny Acta” of football coaches. I know we criticize some of Zorn’s decisions (who I wouldn’t mind giving another chance to) but kicking off in OT to get the wind???!!??!?!!? I will say he has the Eagles offense playing pretty well and learned from his stint (with Matt Millens Lions I’ll give you) but he may be one of those good coordinator/bad coach deal. I personally would like to see us go after Grimm or Frazer but doubt Snyder goes for another unproven after Zorn. I’d also consider Kubiak if fired--- he has the Texans playing good ball (D is their problem).

I’m ok with Mooch , but isn’t he the one who broke the Snyder/Lynch rumor story (but hey Marty still came in 01). As for Morningwheg, I feel like he’s the “Manny Acta” of football coaches. I know we criticize some of Zorn’s decisions (who I wouldn’t mind giving another chance to) but kicking off in OT to get the wind???!!??!?!!? I will say he has the Eagles offense playing pretty well and learned from his stint (with Matt Millens Lions I’ll give you) but he may be one of those good coordinator/bad coach deal. I personally would like to see us go after Grimm or Frazer but doubt Snyder goes for another unproven after Zorn. I’d also consider Kubiak if fired--- he has the Texans playing good ball (D is their problem).

Kubiak would be a joke. how many seasons has he gone 8-8????

Mike zimmer would be my choice.

Kubiak would be a joke. how many seasons has he gone 8-8????

Mike zimmer would be my choice.

Look at Houston's roster--- they have Andre Johnson and Slaton on offense-- Shaub is decent but proaly a "B-" QB -- we have a solid D h

ere too--- something Kubiak lacks in HOU—I’d rather bring in Russ (and hopefully land Cody somehow – could then move Rack to DE fulltime) but Snyder wont go for an unproven. Kubiak was an “alternate” suggestion to Shanny—but I don’t think there is a perfect candidate out there.

Archived