Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, does Snyder return to becoming Theoden?

Burgold

There's this wonderful scene in the Lord of the Rings where a once noble King who was good to his people and loved them dearly had been seduced into impotentcy and evil by the whisperings of Wormtail. It takes great magic by Gandalf to banish Wormtail, but in the end he recognizes his daughter and becomes instrumental in saving the world from the evil of Sauron.

Well, through the efforts of the Wizard Bufford, our Wormtail has been cast out of the Kingdom? Does the old King return? The Redskin fan who was a friend to our burgundy and gold nation? Will we find out that Snyder was in fact a good team that was mislead and weaseled into acts of contention and strife... or was Cerrato merely a pawn in a villain's schemes.

With the banishment of Cerrato will Snyder finally recognize the beauty and lovliness of the Redskinettes?

Have fun with this thread. It is intended to be at least a little silly.

There's this wonderful scene in the Lord of the Rings where a once noble King who was good to his people and loved them dearly had been seduced into impotentcy and evil by the whisperings of Wormtail. It takes great magic by Gandalf to banish Wormtail, but in the end he recognizes his daughter and becomes instrumental in saving the world from the evil of Sauron.

Well, through the efforts of the Wizard Bufford, our Wormtail has been cast out of the Kingdom? Does the old King return? The Redskin fan who was a friend to our burgundy and gold nation? Will we find out that Snyder was in fact a good team that was mislead and weaseled into acts of contention and strife... or was Cerrato merely a pawn in a villain's schemes.

With the banishment of Cerrato will Snyder finally recognize the beauty and lovliness of the Redskinettes?

I get the feeling you have a hard time with the ladies. (just kidding)

I think the gentlemen do protest too much. Methinks it is the fault of the gentleman whose sword can not give a lady a hard time, nor barely even provide a noticeable prick.

But on a somewhat more serious note, it will be interesting to see who Snyder is, has become, or is becoming as the regime changes.

Eowyn is actually his niece, sister to Eomer (the lead horsemen that was banished). And yes I love sports and get laid. :point2sky

When I rolled my twenty sided die it says that

Snyder gets what he gets because of a loop hole when he wished upon a star (or sold his soul)

"I wish I get filthy rich so I can buy the Washington Redskins and they have to be successful."

Bad thing is, he never said how long he would have to wait for that.

OLS

Snyder needs multiple, yes multiple, Superbowl trophies to absolve him of the first 10 years of his ownership

I agree. He has mismanaged the team into the ground. If Bruce Allen doesn't step it up for Snyder, you're going to have a lot of people still off the bandwagon. There is only one sucker born every minute, and Danny is running out of suckers who will buy into his mismanaged product.

Lord of the Rings is one of the great works of English literature in the 20th century. It's not "nerdy," you rock-headed jock-sniffers :)

As for Dan, I don't think he's Theoden, unfortunately. I think it's more like the fall of Sauron, removing the evil influence he held over the Haradrim and Easterlings. So, the Haradrim and peoples outside of Middle Earth didn't become super-nice-guys when Sauron fell but they were no longer allies in the schemes of the Dark Lord.

So, Snyder is, one hopes, no longer in thrall to the enchantments and inducements of the Dark Tower.

OLS

Snyder needs multiple, yes multiple, Superbowl trophies to absolve him of the first 10 years of his ownership

Considering how many teams have not won a damn thing, you really believe this? We actually went to the playoffs and if not FOR JOE GIBBS decisions on QBs, who knows what we do in 2005, 2007. That's not Snyder's fault.

If we won one title and went to an NFC title or two in the next decade, that would be pretty sweet. I'd obviously prefer 10 titles but that might not happen. Peyton ___ Manning still only has one.

EDIT: Are you watching the South Park episode right now? They tied in some Lord of the Rings stuff in here (Clearly Helm's Deep pre-battle.)

*Nerd Alert*

I think you mean Wormtongue...

**SPOILER ALERT***

In the book, Wormhung stabs Saruman to death and then is shot full of arrows by the hobbits. This was after the scouring of The Shire which was totally anticlimactic IMO and thankfully excluded by Peter Jackson in the movies.

Oh, and Colt Brennan is Legolas. I'll think of the connection later.

Archived