Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dumbest Reason for going out in Bad Weather

Capt. Kaos

Seems like a good time for this:

When it is suggested "Do not go out unless you absolutely have to" what is the dumbest, most asinine reason you have ventured out.

I ask because I just got back from the grocery store with a roll of wax paper so the Mrs. could continue baking cookies.

Make me feel better. There has to be a more silly reason than wax paper to go out in weather like we are having today.

Hmmm. Have had some.....unfortunate experiences with that type of thing. Both when I lived in Fairfax and Alexandria during a couple bad storms as well as my time here,(go figure). Partying,(as in going to a bar,not partying in the snow),was definitely the dumbest I can think of for me,(tough enough to drive in the stuff sometimes when you're sober). Though right up there with that one,(or so I have been told ;) ),was to go out and...........take pics of all the snow.:halo:

During the ice storm this year in Kentucky, I drove about 80 miles to my brother-in-law's house because he had a generator. It took like 4 hours because there were power lines down EVERYWHERE. I had to take so many little detours it was ridiculous. In Maryland, it probably wouldn't have been so bad since there are so many alternate roads, but not so in Kentucky. All the roads were also COVERED in ice, and I locked up my brakes several times. In the end, it was incredibly stupid, but totally worth it as the power didn't get restored for almost 2 weeks. That would have sucked pretty bad had I not made the trip.

I ask because I just got back from the grocery store with a roll of wax paper so the Mrs. could continue baking cookies.

Make me feel better. There has to be a more silly reason than wax paper to go out in weather like we are having today.

Unless you arent getting any of those cookies, I wouldnt be complaining :silly:

Way back when, I worked in retail. We opened a new store in Scranton, PA in a brand new mall. For those of you who don't know, Scranton is in the Poconos and gets TONS of snow every year.

Occassionally, the mall would shut down because of a snow storm. Other times, with a foot of snow, the mall would be open, but there would be literally NOBODY shopping. The only people in the mall were the employees.

At least twice, we ended days with negative sales for the day: i.e. NO SALES and some dumbass would decide that during this snowstorm, he'll look in the closet and decide he needs to take that NFL coat back for a refund. Minus $90 to the till. HAHAHHAHAHA

The person would walk into the store, NOBODY ELSE IN THE MALL, complaining about how bad the weather/snow is, then say "I'd like to return this please"!! WTF???????

People would come out in a blizzard to return **** at the mall.

Not very crazy, but when I was in college I worked at OfficeMax and Richmond was in the midst of a huge rainstorm - like areas in the city were completely flooded, like floating cars flooded. We had 2 customers that whole night: some dude who literally bought every 1 inch binder we had in stock, and some kid who bought an office chair. Office chair kid then backed his jeep right up onto our sidewalk to our front door to load the chair in. No idea why he couldn't just wait until the next day to go out for an office chair.

I once was out at a bar with a few friends while it was snowing. After the snow got bad instead of going home we went to a strip club. It turned into a blizzard on the way home...couldn't even see the road....but it was worth it...since we were the only at the strip club we got extra special attention. I woke up with glitter on forehead the next morning.

I once was out at a bar with a few friends while it was snowing. After the snow got bad instead of going home we went to a strip club. It turned into a blizzard on the way home...couldn't even see the road....but it was worth it...since we were the only at the strip club we got extra special attention. I woke up with glitter on forehead the next morning.

I did the same thing once. Awesome night.:hysterical:

Archived