Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Orakpo joins the CSU Rams

actualone

Mike Orakpo, the 6-1, 200 pound Houston-based linebacker who had NCAA Clearinghouse issues last fall, will enroll for spring semester at Colorado State.

He is the younger brother of Brian Orakpo, an All-American at Texas and 13th overall pick in the 2009 draft. His four years of eligibility are intact and he will participate in spring ball as a “grayshirt” freshman.

CSU coach Steve Fairchild made the announcement Thursday.

In other CSU recruiting news, CSU received a commitment from Orlando wide receiver James Boone, according to rivals.com

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2009/12/17/orakpo-joins-rams

Unfortunately the brothers of big NFL stars don't usually measure up.

You have Peyton, and then there is Eli

Carson Palmer, and then whatever the heck his brother's name is.

Matt Hasselback, and then Tim.

Santana, and then there is Sinorice.

Champ Bailey vs. Boss Bailey.

The only one I can remember that were both good were Tiki and Ronde. But then again, they're twins.

Having said that, best of luck to Mike with his footbal career. It's pretty obvious Brian was raised well, no doubt Mike was as well.

The only one I can remember that were both good were Tiki and Ronde. But then again, they're twins.

Having said that, best of luck to Mike with his footbal career. It's pretty obvious Brian was raised well, no doubt Mike was as well.

Can't forget Torry and Terrence Holt!

The Matthews... Clay Matthews father and uncle... LB and OG I think? Both were good.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Hopefully he is a better younger brother than Vick. Well not that the older was a shining example. :cool:

One of the things I *love* about Brian Orakpo is that he appears to be a humble, hard worker. He'd do anything asked of him (even play out of position). The Vick brothers are polar opposites of at least Brian. If Mike has half the character and humility of his brother, he's practically worth a first day pick just off of that. It's harder to be a good person when you're that talented.

Archived