Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doesn't this story sicken your stomach ?

Mickalino

Story from the Wall Street Journal about baggage thefts at the airport. It's bad enough that their stealing it from random passagengers, but here you can see, they specifically target soldier's bags, to steal valuables. Can you get any scummier, than to steal valued items, from a guy being shipped to a war to risk his life for your freedom ?

Authorities also broke up a ring of airline thieves in St. Louis who, according to Lambert Airport Police Chief Paul Mason, were targeting soldier's bags that were shipping off to war. Baggage handlers pulled soldiers' duffels off a conveyor belt in a tunnel, stashed loot and then picked it up later, taking it home under their coats or in backpacks. Among the stolen items recovered: laptops, electronic game systems, cameras, cigarettes, battery chargers, sunglasses and firearms.

Click here for entire article

Not like they let ya carry on the plane,how else do ya travel with guns?

I thought you had to declare them and check them in separetly...that's what I was told from a couple of hunters. Even bows have to be checked. I don't know personally though. I do know that, for example MA requires you to call ahead before you enter the state, even if you're just passing through...(via car)

I thought you had to declare them and check them in separetly...that's what I was told from a couple of hunters. Even bows have to be checked. I don't know personally though. I do know that, for example MA requires you to call ahead before you enter the state, even if you're just passing through...(via car)

Yes, you have to declare them at checkin, and in addition they must be in a locked, hard-sided case, they have to be unloaded, ammunition has to be in its original packing, must be over 18, can't be checked curbside. Some airlines don't require the original packing for the ammunition, but the TSA requires that it at least be in secured packaging that is specially designed for small amounts of ammunition. So, basically, there's certain mandatory restrictions by the TSA, and then there may be additional restrictions by each airline.

Just curious, if you're checking a handgun, with no ammo anywhere, do they check credentials allowing you to carry a handgun?

Not required in many locations,there are different laws for traveling vs carrying concealed ect.

Not required in many locations,there are different laws for traveling vs carrying concealed ect.

Don't listen to twa in regards to airline advice, since the airline bearing his name, went bankrupt and disappeared a long time ago. Me, on the other hand, have years of experience in the travel industry. Oh wait, his post agreed with my prior one. So yea, you can listen to him, just this once ;)

Thieves are amoral anyway. Why would they suddenly find morality when the see a soldier's bag?

That's a very good point. I would think it would have less to do with morality and more to do with fear....but then again if you're a luggage handler and you're stealing, the odds of you getting caught pretty much eliminate the fear factor as well.

Which just leaves us with stupidity.

Archived