Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Stephon Heyer may not play in Redskins game against New York Giants

SirClintonPortis

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/stephon-heyer-may-not-play-in.html

Right tackle Stephon Heyer (knee) sat out practice again Friday and might be sidelined Monday night against the New York Giants. Former practice squad member William Robinson would start if Heyer does not play.

"We're still holding out Stephon Heyer," Coach Jim Zorn said. "We had him out there watching but we didn't practice him. I'm disappointed that his knee hasn't come around as fast as had a week ago. He tweaked it a little bit early in the week."

In his second season from San Diego State, Robinson was recently signed from the practice squad. He would be making his career debut against Giants Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck.

"Here we go. He's gonna have a great challenge ahead of him," Zorn said. "That's who we have and that's who we'll play if Stephon can't go. He's going to be working against Tuck right off the bat."

Yeah, time to prepare the bodybag for Jason Campbell.

Finally a thread that isn't about Shanny.

I know Heyer wasn't great by any means, but how in the world are we planing on starting a practice squad player?

This seems like a bizzare idea to me.

I hope this is an instance of Zorn talking out of turn.

I agree with that we should move Williams to RT although he'll struggle he has to be better then a guy that's never started a NFL game.:doh:

71774.jpg32637.jpg17801.jpg38744.jpg35502.jpg

From the Zorn Quote thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=312456

On why he wouldn’t move Mike Williams to right tackle:

“I could and then put somebody else at guard, but Mike [Williams] hasn’t had any reps at all in the last two weeks. At least I could just move four guys instead of moving two and then putting two guys that haven’t really had any reps. We’ve been trying to give Mike as many reps at guard as we possibly can and he is really coming on strong there. I want to keep that going and we’ll just try to help Will [Robinson] out in any way we can.”

Archived