Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trash Rumor Threads

skin23

How many new threads are going to be started everyday about any and every little rumor that people speculate on? I mean really, can't we get serious about what truly deserves a thread vs. what doesn't?

"Shanahan as president, Kubiak as HC, Kyle Shanahan as OC"...i mean, really?? Kubiak? Come on people.

It's just getting to a point where there are more pointless threads started on here than actual valuable content to go through...

OP, if it is titles 'RUMOR', you have the option to open it or not.

I am not saying you are wrong in being irritated, but as long as it is titled correctly with RUMOR, then I see nothing wrong with it. However, that Kubiak one seems ridiculous and sounds like pure opinion instead of any kind of legit rumor.

I am not saying you are wrong in being irritated, but as long as it is titled correctly with RUMOR, then I see nothing wrong with it. However, that Kubiak one seems ridiculous and sounds like pure opinion instead of any kind of legit rumor.

That's not the point, anyone can start a rumor based on a pipe dream they heard.

It crowds up the messageboard with useless threads that have no truth.

Someone actually sent me this :

"I thought I'd pass this your way. I have a source over at New England who is texting me some crazy stuff about Cerrato over there. Said Belichick and Cerrato have already met and discussed a possible future there. Apparently Belichick is disappointed in Pioli's scouting and scouting department lately. Belichick might be getting slightly embarrassed at the media's recent negativity towards him. He's talking to Cerrato about a "consultant to the GM" kinda role or possibly a pure GM role. Said the two of them began talking some during the draft last year. The Patriots tried to negotiate with the Redskins for Orakpo but Cerrato was too high on Orakpo. But the other crazy thing was that Snyder tried to sign him back as a "Consultant" to Allen after he heard about the Patriots' plans. Cerrato told him to "shove it"!

I can't really tell you much about my source, and if you do use this please don't say which organization this person is from. This person doesn't usually tell me any big things because they usually don't have much, but they've been correct in a lot of the little practice squad signing and things of that nature"

:doh::doh:

People are going crazy.

I think we need to figure out a way to mark some of these rumors as coming from the same source. The problem is, when everyone is reporting on the same rumor, it gives it more validity in some people's eyes even tho it is just different people regurgitating the same thing.

For example, most of the Shanahan rumors are coming from that Denver Post article. Most sites don't have anything to add to it, but yet people get the impression that they are getting multiple confirmations on it. The same thing happened with the Cutler rumor mill.

I don't know what a good solution to that is. Any ideas?

Everything is really a rumor until the Redskins' FO confirms it.

NNT’s and closed threads will occurs as they always have--when deemed appropriate by a moderator. As is so frequently pointed out in such matters, all you guys have to do is quit feeding the kind of threads that bother you.

You ask for others to take control because you've lost your power of choice? C'mon. :)

If you think "rumor" threads are out of hand then quit feeding them. If you like to play that game, go and enjoy. It’s typical stuff during times of major transitions on a team.

What threads I participate in, and to what extent, is certainly a choice I’m able to make with awareness that I‘m making it. I know I control what thread I post in and what thread I don't. How about the rest of you?

NNT’s and closed threads will occurs as they always have--when deemed appropriate by a moderator. As is so frequently pointed out in such matters, all you guys have to do is quit feeding the kind of threads that bother you.

You ask for others to take control because you've lost your power of choice? C'mon. :)

If you think "rumor" threads are out of hand then quit feeding them. If you like to play that game, go and enjoy. It’s typical stuff during times of major transitions on a team.

What threads I participate in, and to what extent, is certainly a choice I’m able to make with awareness that I‘m making it. I know I control what thread I post in and what thread I don't. How about the rest of you?

You completely misinterpreted the premise of the OP. It's not about 'feeding' the rumors, because I don't. I don't even take the time to read the actual threads because I know they are useless - just by looking at the title of the thread in the forum.

The issue is that when someone comes to 'the Stadium', there are so many useless threads started that finding ones with relevant and coherent content becomes a chore. I'm not even talking about rumor threads, but all kinds. I saw one today about the SB trophies not being present at the Bruce Allen press conference. Uh, who cares?

Listen, I'm not one who posts here everyday or even week - I do it when I get the urge and feel like I want to provide an opinion on a given topic. So maybe this whole issue doesn't bother others, but as someone who does come on here almost everyday to read what other skins fans are thinking and talking about on various topics about the team, it's just nice to keep this a place where skins fanatics discuss real issues instead of looneys reading into and feeding National Inquirer caliber rumors (e.g. Kubiak being HC, Allen/Shanahan/Gruden all being here together).

I'm really not trying to be nit picky or annoying I just think we as a fan base are very smart and intelligent, but sometimes the threads I see started on here make me scratch my head.

No way man, I'm outta control! :silly:

Archived