Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Skins will win out just to make it interesting

GSF

It appears that Snyder's plan was to bring in Allen, and then Shanahan. I think it's a good plan, but something tells me that Zorn, Campbell, and the rest of the team are going to make things very interesting over the next 3 weeks by playing the best football they have since Zorn arrived.

Guys like Campbell, Zorn, Mike Williams, Levi Jones, Quinton Ganther...these guys want to prove they belong. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

The Giants and Cowboys are both strugglisng a bit right now. These teams are coming to Fed Ex to face a team that will lay it all on the line, and what surely will be a revitalized 12th man. the Skins will knock both teams out of the playoffs, then they'll go to San Diego to play in a game that likely will be meaningless for the Chargers.

I like the Skins chances to run the table, or at least win 2 of the 3 games. The real question is if the Skins finish very strong, what will Snyder do?

It appears that Snyder's plan was to bring in Allen, and then Shanahan...

If you are right then Snyder is either deceiving Bruce Allen or Allen is deceiving us.

ESPN -- Allen maintained Jim Zorn was still the Redskins' coach. "Give us some time to see how our relationship develops," Allen said.

If you are right then Snyder is either deceiving Bruce Allen or Allen is deceiving us.

ESPN -- Allen maintained Jim Zorn was still the Redskins' coach. "Give us some time to see how our relationship develops," Allen said.

they have to say stuff like that...he cant just come into his first presser and say...yep pack your bags zorn, oh yeah it was nice to meet you guys.

It appears that Snyder's plan was to bring in Allen, and then Shanahan. I think it's a good plan, but something tells me that Zorn, Campbell, and the rest of the team are going to make things very interesting over the next 3 weeks by playing the best football they have since Zorn arrived.

something tells you? how about you asking yourself, "why are they playing or plan on playing their best over the next 3 weeks when it doesnt mean anything and not play their best early in the season when it meant everything?" the idea that they will plan on playing their best next 3 weeks implies that they didnt play their best when it mattered? LOL

Guys like Campbell, Zorn, Mike Williams, Levi Jones, Quinton Ganther...these guys want to prove they belong. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

im sure they all want to prove that they belong. some have had too many yrs to prove...... i'll leave it at that for you to ponder.

The Giants and Cowboys are both strugglisng a bit right now. These teams are coming to Fed Ex to face a team that will lay it all on the line, and what surely will be a revitalized 12th man. the Skins will knock both teams out of the playoffs, then they'll go to San Diego to play in a game that likely will be meaningless for the Chargers.

if you say so

I like the Skins chances to run the table, or at least win 2 of the 3 games. The real question is if the Skins finish very strong, what will Snyder do?

if the skins finish strong, great. what will snyder do? who knows. youre asking something that we will find out evnetually but i believe that a whole new rebuilding is in place. i have had enough of this groups players and coaching staff for the most part. cerrato is out. thank the lord for that. a new GM. the rest will follow.

i hope we win out anf keep the band together....it takes TIME to build a team...the coach and players have grown together...thats special....Shanny will be no quick fix...he is kind of a dick!

takes time? lol

sure it takes time. but u want to see some sort improvement from the previous yr. unfortunately, this team has gone backwards. LOL no need to waste time trying to build this team.

Shanny is no quick fix? where can i get that crystal ball u own? so because he is a Dick, he isnt going to be a good fit here or a good coach?

so if he is a dick but wins a super bowl for us, u'll still dislike him becaues u think he is a Dick? have you met him? here we go again slandering somebody that you have never met. LOL

something tells you? how about you asking yourself, "why are they playing or plan on playing their best over the next 3 weeks when it doesnt mean anything and not play their best early in the season when it meant everything?" the idea that they will plan on playing their best next 3 weeks implies that they didnt play their best when it mattered? LOL

No, you could say they've developed in the system Zorn even said would take up to 3 years. Young guys have been given the chance to come up and prove themselves, something that wasn't an option at the beginning of the season. The OL has been a revolving door moving people around. You can't even begin to state this team is the same team at the beginning of the season, so why even try? Edit: You also have new additions to coaching staff. There's a good bit different here..

As for what will Snyder do? I hope absolutely nothing. I HOPE Allen will be the guy making decisions. I want to ask myself, what will Allen do? That is all to be seen. We'll find out soon enough, but for now -- lets just enjoy the last three weeks we have of our skins.. The off season is very long stretch without football..

Beyond their basic professionalism and positive regard for their team here and now, Zorn and Campbell may also desire to show their best for any future non-Redskins job.

Neither of them are going without a job somewhere in the NFL if they're off the Redskins next season.

... u'll still dislike him becaues u think he is a Dick? have you met him? here we go again slandering somebody that you have never met. LOL

I had to grab this one.. Wasn't it you not too long ago arguing with the class why people were taking up for Jason Campbell and took offense to some of the name calling around here? Didn't you get on everyone for taking up for him since we didn't even personally know him, or have never met him? Now you're doing the opposite? I just am having a hard time figuring out where you stand.. and just about every post you're going after someone or making fun of their opinion. I'm starting to think that's all you're after, not even a good conversation on the board. :whoknows:

Is Jason Candle ok?

are you his brother? why do you care what others call him? do you know him personally? i can only understand where you are coming from if you are a close friend or related to him. if you're not, i have no idea why you would care. he makes millions and im sure he does not give a damn what you, me or others think about him.

while you're at it, why dont you tell jason candle himself to stop insulting fans in public.

Now back on topic -- I think the OP is correct. These guys are all playing for their jobs.. They're playing well, and things are clicking. There's no reason why these next couple of games won't be entertaining and definitely fun to watch! HAIL To the Redskins! 3 more games and we're back to that grind of the off season :(

He can duck the question without being deceptive. Why isn't that an option?

Impossible to duck a question like that without it saying loud and clear "Zorn is history, folks". You wouldn't "duck" the question if you knew Zorn was staying.

Nah, much, much better to say it's inappropriate at that moment to expect him to be naming coaches and that he just met the man, to give him time to settle in before expecting such significant choices to be made. Because ALL of that is logical, even if Snyder and Allen have a plan in mind already. Not to mention who's to say Shanahan won't turn down the opportunity to coach the Skins if presented to him?

the cowboys comment is such a painful one. if the cowboys lose, we all laugh and point fingers at how lame they are, but phillips will then be fired and shannahan would end up there (at least from reports weve all seen/heard). but if the cowboys win and sneak into the playoffs, phillips might stay which increases our chances at shannahan coming here instead of dallas.

tough call. cant root for the cowboys to win, but id like shanny here. oh what to do!

Impossible to duck a question like that without it saying loud and clear "Zorn is history, folks". You wouldn't "duck" the question if you knew Zorn was staying.

Does this say "Zorn is history?"

" I'm not going to comment on that issue until it's resolved since people tend to take public statements and find unintended meanings."

It took me 15 seconds to word it. I could probably do better with more time.

Archived