Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for MAC users (IPOD related)

heyholetsgogrant

Actually you can.

The Mac OS can read a Fat32 formatted drive, so if your iPod was originally formatted on PC it should be Fat32. Windows however cannot read an HFS+ formatted drive, which is the standard for Macs.

You have to set your iPod to manually sync, in order to keep it from attempting to erase the songs when you plug-in the iPod from computer to computer. This will allow you to drag and drop individual songs from ANY iTunes library (Mac or PC) into your iPod. You will not, however, be able to take the songs you have transferred from to the iPod back to the computer, without the aid of 3rd party software.

Lydon, I challenge you sir, to a duel! :saber:

Actually you can.

The Mac OS can read a Fat32 formatted drive, so if your iPod was originally formatted on PC it should be Fat32. Windows however cannot read an HFS+ formatted drive, which is the standard for Macs.

You have to set your iPod to manually sync, in order to keep it from attempting to erase the songs when you plug-in the iPod from computer to computer. This will allow you to drag and drop individual songs from ANY iTunes library (Mac or PC) into your iPod. You will not, however, be able to take the songs you have transferred from to the iPod back to the computer, without the aid of 3rd party software.

Lydon, I challenge you sir, to a duel! :saber:

Well ****. I know that OS X can read FAT32. I did not realize that FAT32 is what the iPod was formatted as on a Windows machine. I thought it would be NTFS or something.

Archived