Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your impression on Bruce per Press Conference

herb mul-key

Will Allen truly be independent? Or, will he just be a Snyder "yes man?"  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Will Allen truly be independent? Or, will he just be a Snyder "yes man?"

• Allen will be independent and will stand up to Snyder.
    • Allen was offered a ton of money and will just be another Snyder "yes man."

Bruce reminds me of cross between Chucky/Alex Baldwin/George Allen

I like his demeanor ...seems no nonsense and a tough guy...a smart mans man who can also laugh...not weazely and not so bright like Vinny.

Confident...

I laughed and could relate about not have to xmas shop or put up the lights...

admitted mistakes and sees value in good teammates and leadership!

I am pretty pumped...love his heritage link to George and the 'skins as well!

worked at a gas station at Tysons...didn't we all work at Tysons somewhere at somepoint????

He had the voice of a leader who understand that to win he must surround himself - top to bottom - with great people. It sounds like he understands that Redskins Park (staff wise) needs a culture change just as much as the talent level on the field.

I liked his candor. He admitted that he's made some good draft and FA moves and he's made some bad draft and FA moves. Where Cerrato seemed defensive and had the need to pump up his decisions, Allen realized that not every decision is going to yield great results and that, sometimes, being in charge means you have to take your lumps. I dug that.

I was fortunate enough to catch the conference on TV. Bruce fought hard as he could to contain that smile. He is elated to be here and seems to be the consumate professional.

Boy. Quite the opposite of Vinny and his "You mean sacks and stuff?"

Early Christmas for Redskins fan.:point2sky

I like what I have seen so far. What I found most interesting in the press conference was Mr. Synder's comment that he thinks the fans believe that he has been much more involved with the decision making than he really has been. Is this another planned act to place as much of the blame for the skins failures on Vinny (an thus off of him) or have we all been duped by Vinny more than we thought?

I liked his candor. He admitted that he's made some good draft and FA moves and he's made some bad draft and FA moves. Where Cerrato seemed defensive and had the need to pump up his decisions, Allen realized that not every decision is going to yield great results and that, sometimes, being in charge means you have to take your lumps. I dug that.

That's a great observation. Vinny was so insecure in that way. If Vinny's track record were as spotless as he described it, we'd have a few more Lombardis in our trophy case.

I think its a bit early to have any impression of him because press conferences hardly mean anything.

That being said, I was interested to hear Snyder say that he wasn't as involved in recent decisions as people seemed to think. Not sure if he's just trying to throw Vinny under the bus or not.

Bruce seemed like what I would want in a GM: tough, confident, knowledgeable.

I think its a bit early to have any impression of him because press conferences hardly mean anything.

That being said, I was interested to hear Snyder say that he wasn't as involved in recent decisions as people seemed to think. Not sure if he's just trying to throw Vinny under the bus or not.

Bruce seemed like what I would want in a GM: tough, confident, knowledgeable.

I hear what you are saying regarding Allen's press conference, but the man does have an accomplished track record. And from what i've seen thus far, he has the blessings of all the respected names in football. I'm 100% on board, i will definately re-up my NFL ticket for next season.

Thanks Dan!!! :D

From the language used, I think Snyder is going to remain involved in decisions. I'm hoping Allen will stand up to Snyder and tell him no when necessary.

Ooooh.

Was it the answer to the control question (sorry - couldn't see or hear the feed)? I worry about Snyder's continued involvement a lot.

Confidence and leadership are my first impressions of this guy. He acts like he's qualified to be in this type of role. Casserly was the last GM that acted like he was in control of anything or sounded like he knew what he was talking about. This guy at least comes across as intelligent. These things alone are enough to rank him way above Vinny. I still think Danny is obviously using the Allen name to satisfy the fans, similar to what he did when he brought Gibbs back. The good news is, this guy seems like he's worth a shot.

I liked what I heard from Allen, not so much from Danny. I too got the impression that Danny was dancing around the real answer to the autonomy question and that is that Danny will be in on the decisions. We'll see how it goes.

Also, I read that Allen was the player personnel guy in Oakland and had a player personnel guy under him in Tampa. I wonder which route he'll go here and if Scott Campbell ends up being that guy. I think Campbell has done a really good job and as such hope that he will be given that job.

From the language used, I think Snyder is going to remain involved in decisions. I'm hoping Allen will stand up to Snyder and tell him no when necessary.

Really? I registered the opposite reaction.

Snyder seems to finally be aware of the falacy of his prior program. When he brought in Gibbs, that marked a shift towards surrendering some of the personnel autonomy to others within the organization. This move, and press conference had a similar air of, everyone relax, someone who knows what they are doing is onboard. :2cents:

Archived