Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does the timing of the move mean?

NoCalMike

Evem though I am very happy with this move, It is kind of weird that this move took place with three games left on the schedule.

That tells me that whatever changes that are coming in the offseason are going to happen regardless of what takes place in these last three games.

Now, for a second lets assume Gruden is not going to be our coach in 2010.

What do you think Bruce Allen suggests?

Give Zorn/Campbell a year 3. If they have success and get to the playoffs, they stay, if not it gives Allen a full season to try and lure Gruden to the job?

I think this puts the entire team and coaching staff under the microscope for the next 3 games. If anyone really wants to stay, they will make their case starting Monday night.

Totally agree. This gives Allen more then enough time to see with his own eyes the inside of this organization and whether or not to stay the course with the current coaching staff and/or players. Unless Zorn wins out, he's gone...

I think it means:

The new 'GM' (man, that's weird) get's to SEE the strange 'triangle offense' (playcalling that is) evaluate the YOUNG talent we have AND actually watch the team REAL TIME as it is currently structured.

Actually, I think it's quite smart!!!

he can decide what he wants to do with the lame-duck coach... see his QB in action... and really get a jump on his players.

I think this puts the entire team and coaching staff under the microscope for the next 3 games. If anyone really wants to stay, they will make their case starting Monday night.

A very intelligent post there, Mr Pork. So much, that you should have put the :bow: smilie after it. :)

I think it means:

The new 'GM' (man, that's weird) get's to SEE the strange 'triangle offense' (playcalling that is) evaluate the YOUNG talent we have AND actually watch the team REAL TIME as it is currently structured.

Actually, I think it's quite smart!!!

he can decide what he wants to do with the lame-duck coach... see his QB in action... and really get a jump on his players.

Agreed, if anything it could have been done a little earlier, probably had to wait to go through Rooney Rule process before announcing.

GM is the most important role, not sure if Allen is good enough at evaluating talent, so if he gets rid of Zorn it will be very important that the next HC is a good judge of personnel as well.

I completely agree. This gives Allen a chance to evaluate the staff and players heading into the offseason to give him a good idea of our true strengths and weaknesses.

Archived