Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Read What They Think on the Bucs Board (Bruce Allen)

Oldfan

POUND THAT ROCK!!!

"He was probably hired to get them out of cap hell...and heading into an uncapped year, he's going to help them dump salary and not be responsible for a ridiculous amount of money...looks like a lot of "restructured" contracts for Washington"

Really? People around the league think we have cap problems?

my one bucs fan coworker said that allen was severly hamstrung in TB because the glazer family purchased manchester united around the time he was hired and didnt allow him to spend a lot of money because they had dumped it all into the soccer team.

i remember one season werent the bucs like 40 million under the cap? talk about cap space!

allen's cap management is a bit overrated... signing big FA's while staying under the cap is cap management... not being able to sign any FA's and being 50m under the cap is not what I'd call management...

allen's draftboards worry me but I've heard many football minds pretty much unanimously vouch for his competence... be interesting to see what he does with the roster, FA period, and the draft...

..allen's draftboards worry me but I've heard many football minds pretty much unanimously vouch for his competence... be interesting to see what he does with the roster, FA period, and the draft...

I can't vouch for the source, but I've read that Gruden, not Allen, drove the draft board.

Our cap hell issue is one of the biggest myths around the league, still... Most fans only believe what they read on ESPN about other teams, and once ESPN stopped talking about "cap hell" and never really acknowledged that it never really came to happen, that myth just continued to perpetuate with uninformed and unknowledgable fans.

The impression of every other team's fans is that the Redskins perpetually operate in "Salary Cap Hell". I don't know how many years in a row we have to spend more than everybody else and survive to tell about it until they understand that we have the cap figured out.

If there is one thing the Skins do well under Snyder it is circumvent the salary cap. Why can't other team's fans understand this???

DIESEL - I agree. Honestly...the Skins have managed the very well. They just have signed the wrong dopes, made bad trades and drafted piss poor year after year. I highly doubt BA was brought in to be a cap guy. Can u imagine if we locked up the right players...which would mean drafting the right players.... :(

Oldfan, rejoice!

You don't have to defend that loser Vinny anymore.

A huge weight has been lifted off of the organization.

And one guarantee--Bruce Allen will be drafting need. No more BPA in DC, which ultimately, is what got Vinny fired.

:)

Oldfan, rejoice!

You don't have to defend that loser Vinny anymore.

A huge weight has been lifted off of the organization.

And one guarantee--Bruce Allen will be drafting need. No more BPA in DC, which ultimately, is what got Vinny fired.

:)

Vinny's a weasel, but his drafts 2008, 2009 look much better than Allen's five seasons. Let's hope that the Skins scouts are better than the Bucs scouts.

I sure as hell hope he isn't going to draft for need.

They think Bruce Allen is here to save our cap.

A- No team managers the cap better than Washington. If we weren't so good at it, we would have been in cap hell every year between 2003-2006. We are wizards with contracts.

B- Allen has never had the resources he'll have here. That may be a bad thing though, because I don't like his past signings or draft picks.

So, I don't give a **** what the Bucs fans think.

And neither should anyone else...

Jets fans laughed hysterically when we traded Coles back to them for Moss...they claimed Moss had been demoted to the #3 receiver, that's how bad he was....and that Moss constantly ran out of bounds to avoid hits, never fought for extra yards. All he was good for was catching long bombs...no mention of his yards after the catch ability or his incredible skill at mid-air adjustments to his body to out-maneuver DBs...just that the only thing he was good at was outrunning cornerbacks down the sidelines.

Don't ever listen to fans about anything lol...

Vinny's a weasel, but his drafts 2008, 2009 look much better than Allen's five seasons. Let's hope that the Skins scouts are better than the Bucs scouts.

I sure as hell hope he isn't going to draft for need.

He drafts need Oldfan.

No Berry to DC. No corners to DC. No more safeties to DC.

He understands the need of a strong offensive line, and that successful teams revolve around that.

Vinny's picks are looking better. But it wouldn't have mattered if they were all pro bowlers.

We didn't need 3 receivers in the second round.

Be happy. Good things are about to happen.:)

Archived