Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Allen allow Zorn to call plays now?

The Hangman- C_Hanburger

what I find interesting is...Zorn can at this point do what he wants...who would then actually decide who calls the plays...Zorn is the Head Coach...he decides who calls the plays...The Head Coach does...

I bet Zman could just insert himself more and more....who would actually step up to him now and say..."here is how it's going to go"....?

BTW, here a quote from Redskins.com:

Zorn said he would not tinker with the team’s play-calling, a process which involves offensive consultant Sherman Lewis, offensive coordinator Sherman Smith and offensive assistant Chris Meidt.

Zorn had called offensive plays until Week 7, when Lewis took over as the primary play-caller.

“I think what we’re going to do is keep things the way they are,” Zorn said. “They’re working--and I like things that work. We’re going to try to finish strong and keep things as compatible and efficient as possible.”

Pretty much confirms what I think.

There is no reason to change anything that's working right now. Also, even if said that Zorn could do it, I don't think Zorn would for that reason.

Now, what happens in the offseason? Who knows. Despite what some people think, I still think Zorn has a chance to keep his job.

I am sorry, there is a zero chance Zorn will keep his job. There is going to be a huge shack up in the offseason. Barring a miracle, Shanahan is the next head coach. Joe Bugal and Greg Blanch will retire and Jerry Gray will be the next DC. There will not be much left of this coaching staff. Zorn will likely accept an assitant coaching possition in Cleveland.

Guys you are tripping lol

Why change something thats' working?

Well, because at best we are 7-9, what exactly does that get us?

IF there is any talk of giving Zorn one more year, then absolutely give Zorn full control over HIS team and let Zorn decide who calls plays.

If there is no chance Zorn comes back, then it doesn't matter one way or the other who calls plays.

With that said, I really really wanna beat Dallas, so do whatever it takes to win that game IMO...that's all we can get out of this season as far as games go.

I am sorry, there is a zero chance Zorn will keep his job. There is going to be a huge shack up in the offseason. Barring a miracle, Shanahan is the next head coach. Joe Bugal and Greg Blanch will retire and Jerry Gray will be the next DC. There will not be much left of this coaching staff. Zorn will likely accept an assitant coaching possition in Cleveland.

Thank you for posting, Vinny. :evilg:

1) This year doesn't matter right now

2) See if Zorn can direct this offense as it is currently constituted (i.e. how much of our previous suckage was really due to Zorn?)

3) If he succeeds, then you know what you have in Zorn as a potential for next year (unlikely, but possible)

4) If he fails we get a higher draft pick and let's see what Allen can do...

Archived