Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny hit the panci button again

jschlesi

I think we hired Bruce Allen because Danny panicked. Why do you make this move now. When January would have been fine?

HOLMGREN.

Browns start discussion with Holmgren last week. Sherm obviously became the new darling for Danny. He gets credit for turning our Offense around. Danny was eyeballing Holmgren the whole time ( used to work with Sherm ). Holmgren would not talk to Danny since Vinny was still in place. Danny now panics and starts pulling strings. No other potential GM/Coach will discuss with him formally until the season is over and Vinny will need to be fired. Instead of getting Holmgren or Shanihan with GM experience he grabs Allen.

The good news: Allen has experience working with no money ( TB) and experience dealing with over bearing owners ( Al Davis) . He has ties with the Redskins of our youth ( and Danny’s).

So in a panic move by Danny we may have actually made a solid move.

wow see that's just Snyder bashing. Do you really think any successful business man hires someone with doing his due diligence? He's probably been talking to Bruce allen for a long time, and i am sure BA's (barrackus?) lineage plays a big role in his hiring. I think Danny doesn't want to hire someone like Holmgren who will be here for a couple of years and then get the urge to reitre again a la Parcell's. I think he wants to build (rebuild) a Redskins "family" with a stong emphasis on history and with an eye on a long future together. I hope to hell it works, but I certainly don't think Billionaire dan snyder just hired the first person he could see.

I think we hired Bruce Allen because Danny panicked. Why do you make this move now. When January would have been fine?

HOLMGREN.

Browns start discussion with Holmgren last week. Sherm obviously became the new darling for Danny. He gets credit for turning our Offense around. Danny was eyeballing Holmgren the whole time ( used to work with Sherm ). Holmgren would not talk to Danny since Vinny was still in place. Danny now panics and starts pulling strings. No other potential GM/Coach will discuss with him formally until the season is over and Vinny will need to be fired. Instead of getting Holmgren or Shanihan with GM experience he grabs Allen.

The good news: Allen has experience working with no money ( TB) and experience dealing with over bearing owners ( Al Davis) . He has ties with the Redskins of our youth ( and Danny’s).

So in a panic move by Danny we may have actually made a solid move.

so you're blaming danny but you are saying the hiring is solid.

this isn't a panic buttion move

nobody just wakes up out of bed and says hey I'm quitting my job today.

the writing was surely on the wall for vinny and I'm sure Snyder had a list of GM candidates he would want in the event his pal called the quits.

Really? I do not think it was a panic move. The timing? Has everything to do with getting a GM in there to evaluate current personnel and players and come up with some draft and offseason plans.

Agreed. Never understood bringing a GM in in January if the change could have been made earlier. He gets a chance to see this team in real time, see the coaches working with the players and then decide what changes to make in the offseason. It's a head start on next year and honestly, once this team was out of the playoff hunt (I think at 7-8 losses that was a forgone conclusion) Vinny should have stepped down and a new GM should have been brought in. More time to evaluate and fix the problems.

I agree that it's a good move. Guys Vinny is gone and we have a guy who has been there before. Timing is perfect IMO so he can evaluate coaches/players that we currently have.

I'll give Danny a pat on the back for this move, even if it ultimately doesn't work....it is a step in the right direction.

~~OPTIMISTC~~!!

I don't agree.

He hired a guy who's been a GM before while not being a head coach.

I think this is a solid football move.

I agree. We actually will let a "real" GM run the show. Not Shannahan or Holmgren. We needed to have a seperation between the FO and the coaching staff. This was a good move by Dan.

Totally disagree. Clearly, you don't replace your football ops VP in an hour. This has been in motion for sometime, as have the next steps Danny takes. How can we be disappointed with this? Vinny was a good scout, but no manager. Allen is a an actual Football Ops guy with the credentials to back it up. We got what we wanted.

so you're blaming danny but you aren't saying the hiring is solid.

this isn't a panic buttion move

nobody just wakes up out of bed and says hey I'm quitting my job today.

the writing was surely on the wall for vinny and I'm sure Snyder had a list of GM candidates he would want in the event his pal called the quits.

Exactly- it was not a panic move, but a much calculated plan.

I would bet that it was Snyders idea for Vinny to "resign", that way he looks good, where as if he was fired, not so good.

And I still think there are more surprises to come.

this process has been going on for weeks, an NFL source reported that the Skins followed the Rooney Rule and interviewed multiple people. I don't think this happened overnight..chill out, it's a start..

Rooney rules only applies when hiring a coach....I'm pretty certain.

But regardless, I agree with you. Dan would not just hire someone without properly interviewing multiple candidates.

Archived