Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen Draft History

Commander Adama

Hard to judge him by his Tampa draft history. Gruden had a LOT of control. Allen was more of a cap and contract guy for them. That in itself could be scary. The last thing we need is another "yes man". I hope there is more to him than his Tampa record indicates.

I know the dude is "a beast" but 17th overall for a kicker...?

I'm 99% sure that was Al Davis. IIRC, he had gotten extremely frustrated with his kickers over the years and basically said, "**** it, we're getting Janikowski no matter what."

Draft history in Oakland is pretty solid actually. It is tough to judge him in Tampa Bay w/ a penny saving budget.

I don't care. The fact of the matter is he's not Vinny Cerrato. I'd take a panel of ES Members over Vinny.

I literally hit rewind on my tv 4 times to make sure I wasn't dreaming b/c it felt too good to be true!!!

The Glazers are notorious for not wanting to spend money down in Tampa. Gruden never was able to land the big name guys on offense other than Keyshawn (only because noone else wanted him and he came at a lower price). IMO, Allen had to draft people that weren't looking for blockbuster contracts. I would say that Allen and Gruden both did a pretty good job working for an owner who was not supporting his team's immediate needs. As far as the Bucs current situation, this is what you get when you rid your team of a GM and coaching experience like Gruden and Kiffin, then replace the HC with a no name secondary coach. By the way, Allen was gone before this year's draft with the Bucs. Blame Mark Dominik for this year.

Standouts:

Rickey Dudley

Lance Johnstone

La'Roi Glover

Darrell Russell (he was decent before BALCO and the rape derailed him)

Grady Jackson

Charles Woodson

Matt Stinchcomb

Eric Barton

Rod Coleman

Sebastian Janikowski

Jerry Porter

Shane Lechler

Napoleon Harris

Nnamdi Asomugha

Michael Clayton

Cadillac Williams

Barrett Ruud

Davin Joseph

Jeremy Trueblood

Arron Sears

Tanard Jackson

He got some awesome DTs early on in his career. There have been drafts where absolutely no one stood out. He has been decent with corners throughout his career. More recently, he has done pretty well with offensive linemen. Considering that of our skill positions are set, I feel comfortable with him being here.

Standouts:

Rickey Dudley

Lance Johnstone

La'Roi Glover

Darrell Russell (he was decent before BALCO and the rape derailed him)

Grady Jackson

Charles Woodson

Matt Stinchcomb

Eric Barton

Rod Coleman

Sebastian Janikowski

Jerry Porter

Shane Lechler

Napoleon Harris

Nnamdi Asomugha

Michael Clayton

Cadillac Williams

Barrett Ruud

Davin Joseph

Jeremy Trueblood

Arron Sears

Tanard Jackson

He got some awesome DTs early on in his career. There have been drafts where absolutely no one stood out. He has been decent with corners throughout his career. More recently' date=' he has done pretty well with offensive linemen. Considering that of our skill positions are set, I feel comfortable with him being here.[/quote']

It looks like, when he had the budget with the Raiders, he did quite well...maybe that's just me...

Maybe not all of his draft picks have been studs, but at least he HAD all those draft picks...Redskins draft history over those years:

2008:

2 34 Devin Thomas WR Michigan State *Good Pick*

2 48 Fred Davis TE USC *Good Pick*

2 51 Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma *OK Pick*

3 96 Chad Rinehart T Northern Iowa *Bad Pick for value*

4 124 Justin Tryon CB Arizona State

6 168 Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech

6 180 Kareem Moore DB Nicholls State *OK Pick*

6 186 Colt Brennan QB Hawaii *OK Pick*

7 242 Rob Jackson DE Kansas State

7 249 Chris Horton SS UCLA *Great Pick, especially for value*

2007:

Rd Sel # Player Position School

1 6 LaRon Landry SS Louisiana State *Good Pick*

5 143 Dallas Sartz LB USC

6 179 H.B. Blades LB Pittsburgh *Good Pick*

6 205 Jordan Palmer QB Texas-El Paso

7 216 Tyler Ecker TE Michigan

2006:

2 35 Rocky McIntosh LB Miami (Fla.) *Good Pick*

5 153 Anthony Montgomery DT Minnesota

6 173 Reed Doughty DB Northern Colorado *Good Pick*

6 196 Kedric Golston DT Georgia

7 230 Kili Lefotu G Arizona

7 250 Kevin Simon LB Tennessee

2005:

1 9 Carlos Rogers DB Auburn *OK Pick*

1 25 Jason Campbell QB Auburn *Good Pick*

4 120 Manuel White RB UCLA

5 154 Robert McCune LB Louisville

6 183 Jared Newberry LB Stanford

7 222 Nehemiah Broughton RB The Citadel

2004:

1 5 Sean Taylor FS Miami (Fla.) *Great Pick*

3 81 Chris Cooley TE Utah State *Great Pick*

5 151 Mark Wilson T California

6 180 Jim Molinaro T Notre Dame

2003:

2 44 Taylor Jacobs WR Florida

3 81 Derrick Dockery G Texas

7 232 Gibran Hamdan QB Indiana

Total numbers for those years:

2008: Redskins: 10 Bucs: 7

2007: Redskins: 5 Bucs: 10

2006: Redskins: 6 Bucs: 10

2005: Redskins: 6 Bucs: 12

2004: Redskins: 4 Bucs: 8

2003: Redskins: 3 Bucs: 6

Better chance at getting players with more draft picks...

I think Allen has done an ok job drafting. Remember, when he was at Tampa, he was working for the Glazers, who refused to spend money to trade up or down to get players. He had them 40 million under the cap at one time. Give him some flexibility here and he will get good players.

The biggest issue with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been their lack of quarterback. That's also our biggest problem, and I wonder if Bruce Allen can fix it.

Not trying to turn this into a love/hate JC thread, but these past few games our biggest problem is definitely NOT a "lack of quarterback." I would say he's been on fire those games. Give a man solid protection and see how he rewards us?

It looks like, when he had the budget with the Raiders, he did quite well...maybe that's just me...

Budget should have no influence on draft picks. Free agency, yes. The Buccaneers picks were terrible, just terrible. One of the reasons they are fighting it out with the Rams to be the worst team in the league. I did hear that Allen is more of a cap guy than a personnel guy though, so maybe this wasn't his fault. Of course that means that we are still waiting for our personnel guy - the guy we need to tell Snyder to shut it.

Of course that means that we are still waiting for our personnel guy - the guy we need to tell Snyder to shut it.

From what was reported on 106.7 was that allen is more of a go with the flow type of GM rather than someone to go head to head with the owner.

I just hope dan knows what he's doing, allen doesn't seem to draft all that well and we all know this city can't take another 5-10 years of losing. I am anxious to see who he appoints as the HC.

Archived